BY CLINIQUE #5 in Toners & Astringents

Skin Types: Very Dry/Dry or Dry Combination

Dermatologist-developed formula helps reveal fresher skin. Sweeps away dulling flakes and excess oil so moisturizer can do its job better.

Helps fine dry lines disappear.

• Is this product extremely drying? Is it good for sensitive skin? 18 Answers
  • If this is good for oily and acne skin ? Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 3 Answers
  • Is it just me that found that Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2 totally ...1 Answers
Joscelin T.
Joscelin T.
I think this is a super multi-use product! If you have dry skin and you need a toner to clean your skin and your pores without drying them even more, this is the product. I usually buy the jumbo size and it last me through autumn and winter, and maybe to early spring. I like to use it after I remove my make up and after I wash my face just to make sure I don't have any make up residue left over, because we know sleeping with make up is a huge no no. But that's just one use for it. I also like to use it on my chest and back area after my post work out shower, to prevent body acne. I also like to use it on my armpit. I wear deodorant. Even after showering, I like to wipe my armpit with this toner. It prevents armpit skin clogging. I like to believe it also prevent my armpit for getting darker and since it is an exfoliating toner, I don't have to shave as much, which leads me to my next use. I ALSO like to use this on my legs before I step into the shower to get ready to them. It might be psychological but I don't have to epilate as much.
Allison J.
Allison J.
Fargo, ND
Clinique's Clarifying Lotion is definitely a product EVERYONE should have in their skincare routine. Both guys & girls! It really does make an incredible difference I. The tone, texture, look, feel & all over health of your skin! This toner works well with any skincare brand. (I typically include this with different Lancôme and Estée Lauder serums & moisturizers depending upon the daily needs of my skin. After I've washed my face, I soak a cottonball in clarifying lotion & sweep it all over my face. This helps further exfoliate dead skin cells, dirt & makeup that your cleanser didn't get. This toner helps keep your skin smooth & youthful by removing any wrinkle causing toxins on the surface therefore allowing for new cell turnover, which starts to slow as we age so we have to help it out a little by using exfoliating products such as this one! Anyways, I can't live without this product and cannot recommend it enough!
Myan T.
Myan T.
Lynn, MA
I was recommended this product while shopping at Sephora. I actually bought the whole set, including the soap and moisturizer. This actually worked very well for my combination skin. It felt very soothing on my skin. A bit of a sting but nothing abrasive. I found that it also helped remove a lot of residue from makeup.

Unfortunately after years of use, this product become ineffective with my skin. I'm not quite sure what happened there! Even when I combined this with other brands, or used it alone, it still didn't work. I was frequently breaking out. I had to switch completely to another brand!

I love that Clinique is amongst the more affordable brands out there. Which is the reason I considered their products over others. If you have never tried any facial products before, I do recommend starting with this.
Lauren Q.
Lauren Q.
Kingston, NY
I cannot live without the Clinique clarifying lotion 2. I have used it for as long as I can remember. I usually buy it at a department store, when they are running promotions for free gifts. I buy the largest size since I use it at least twice a day. It really exfoliates the skin as well as cleans it of any extra dirt left over from washing. You would not think that a liquid could exfoliate but it really does. I have noticed that in between uses (when I am out of it) my face makeup looks cakey. This really does the job of exfoliating (without being too harsh which is what I love the most). I HIGHLY recommend this product. Try the smaller size if you are skeptical but I promise you will end up making it part of your daily routine!
Nathalie C.
Nathalie C.
Brooklyn, NY
As in the picture below the bottle is empty, Because this toner is my HOLY GRAIL. I have been using this toner for over 2 years now. I bought the set to test out and I fell in love with the toner and the moisturizer. The moisturizer is on the pricey side ,so I found an alternative. The toner omggggg i bought it because I have dry skin and moisturizer alone wasn't helping with the dry patches on my skin. So I made the purchase, not only does it help with my dry skin but it also help to prevent break outs. I realize that it was preventing break outs, when I ran out and 2 days later I woke up and there was a break out party on my face. This toner is just so awesome, and Clinique skin care products is AWESOME in general..
Natalie A.
Natalie A.
Katy, TX
I LOVE this product!! I like to use this after I wash my face & right before I apply my moisturizer. Even after using my clarisonic this picks up the last tiny bit of dirt and makeup left on my face!! I didn't even know there was any left after my clarisonic! The smell threw me off at first because it smells like straight up acetone, but I have very sensitive skin and it never irritates it! Would totally repurchase & recommend to someone with dry or combination, sensitive skin looking for something to really help clean out your pores, smoothn, and help your skin accept moisture. Little pricey--but worth it! Purchased my bottle at Sephora for around $25 I think.
Citlaly G.
Citlaly G.
I started using this product and I love the moisturizer but the face wash is alright except the toner step 2 is a big no for me. The toner has alcohol in it which is very bad for your skin it makes your skin dry, and that's what happened to me. Like I stopped using the toner even tho it cleans your face amazingly it also makes it very dry and skip to the moisturizer. I wouldn't really recommend this product so much, but everyone has different skin types I used number 3 but then changed to 2 because my skin was so dry that I needed a better moisturizer.
Krissia P.
Krissia P.
I've been using for many years and the truth is that it is a product that I really like. Is more, my dermatologist, that is cosmetics ultra thematic strict, you like the brand. And however may not see criticism on all sides of this product, especially because of its content of "alcohol denat". Denatured alcohol or denatured alcohol, is a type of ethanol that can be used in cosmetics; is used as a solvent for substances organic (so is mixed and is a product homogeneous). I mention the main criticisms to the product and my opinion about them
Kate K.
Kate K.
Havertown, PA
I don't use toners anymore and I never really consistently did but a while back I went to the Clinique counter at Macy's and asked for samples of skincare regimens and they gave me a face wash, toner and moisturizer. I used them all up and I really liked them but I couldn't really justify buying full versions. My skin felt nice, but there wasn't really anything AMAZING about any of the products that I couldn't live without them. I would recommend to anyone who needs to try new face care products, but I am not obsessed with these products.
Kim P.
Kim P.
Murfreesboro , TN
This product was recommended to me by a friend that formerly had bad acne. I was told to use level 2 since I have combination oily/dry skin. I use it after washing my face and before moisturizing. It tingles a bit! I have used this for years, and when I first started using it, I noticed that my pores were much less visible. It's also great to brush over your face before applying makeup, as it can get off any surface-level dirt and prevent breakouts. If you're not already using this, you need to add it to your nightly beauty routine.
Kendra H.
Kendra H.
Chino, CA
Is this product extremely drying? Is it good for sensitive skin?
Anastasiya K.
Anastasiya K.
Duluth, MN
Did anyone's skin react badly to this and dry out? I loved this product but then it just stopped working right for me.
Jackie F.
Jackie F.
I bought this product.. Is it supposed to burn a little bit? I love that feeling, but am not sure if it is good for the skin to feel a bit of a burn.
Morgan E.
Morgan E.
Holly hill, FL
I have been reading reviews on this product and people seem to love it. Is it recommended for oily skin?
Fatima A.
Fatima A.
Worth, IL
Is this a good product? I saw it at ulta on clearance and was debating on it but wasn't even sure what it does to your face.