BY CLINIQUE

Skin Types: 1

Dermatologist-developed formula helps reveal fresher skin. Sweeps away dulling flakes so moisturizer can do its job better.

Helps fine dry lines disappear.

Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1
  • "did not like it even though i bought the kind recommended for my skin type...it burned...and was wholly unpleasant...was glad to get rid of it finally" in 2 reviews
  • "It works great and freshens my face without drying it up!" in 1 review
  • "I use this after every face mask out every time I wash my face with a soap, cream, or gel that does tone the face at the same time." in 1 review
  • "Never have an issue with break outs since I started using it." in 1 review
  • "I tried the clinique 3 step system and out of it all, this was my favorite part." in 1 review
Dolores A.
Alameda, CA
This is a great toner for dry and patchy skin. Its contains salicylic acid for exfoliation, which dry skin desperately needs in order to allow next step products to work their magic (serums, lotions). It is also kind of thick and acts somewhat as a light lotion moreso than a toner, adding an extra moisturizing "umph" to one's skincare regime. It contains a ton of beneficial ingredients to feed the skin and is sans detrimental or irritating ingredients such as alcohol, which is a rarity. Matter of fact everything about this product is over the top excellence. The only gripe I have-and its a minor one-is with the packaging:  it calls for a waaaaay more effective dispensing process! Such as a pimp or similar, because applying it to cotton balls or rounds is a bit of a nuisance and slightly wasteful IMO. Regardless, this stuff is a lifesaver for dry and/or sensitive skin.
Sydney F.
Wyandotte
I have oily skin, so I first tried the toner recommended for oily skin (#3 I think). It smelled sooo strong and it was way too drying on my skin! Then I read some reviews of people who had had a similar experience to me, and they recommended trying the #1, which is supposed to be for dry skin, but it much milder. I agree that this is the better choice, even for oily skin. It works to tone my skin without stripping it, and it doesn’t have as strong of a smell. A lot of reviewers don’t like that this product has alcohol in it, but I have done my own research about alcohol in skincare, and it doesn’t bother me. I used to have very bad cystic acne, and after switching my entire skincare regimen (which included switching to this toner) and starting to use a Clarisonic, my skin looks amazing and so clear. I rarely get a breakout anymore. My new skincare regimen is the reason, so I won’t be switching from that anytime soon.
Stephanie L.
Bechtelsville, PA
Review for: CLINIQUE Clarifying Lotion 1 more...
I remember being a pre-teen, struggling with skin problems, and thinking that Clinique would solve all my troubles, if only I could afford it.  Fast-forward many, many years.  I see this on the shelf and I say...."YES! I'm buying this"  Such a letdown.  It dried my skin out, wasn't soothing or calming AT ALL.  Now, I admit, my skin is much different now, but I got the "Very dry to dry" version to accommodate my current skin needs.  If I'd been smart, I'd have looked at the ingredients list before purchase and noticed the second ingredient.  Denatured Alcohol.  Want dry skin???? Put some denatured alcohol on it. That's just what dry skin wants. Nostalgia does not make for good purchases.
Jodie Z.
Eh... not the best thing ot the and I definitely did not see and hydration improvements which is odd considering it's a "lotion" toner for dry skin. Instead I just use Dickinson’s Original Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner and tbh it works way better and supremely cheaper.
Kim D.
Omaha, NE
I use this before I wash my face and before I apply anything at all! It really cleans my face off and creates a nice base for makeup, moisturizer, etc. I always repurchase this product! I recommend this to anyone who really wants to clean their face from dirt, makeup, etc.
Jess R.
It's basically expensive witch hazel. It does the job but I won't spend that much on this toner again. I now use regular witch hazel and it does the same thing. Packinging is nice and feels very luxurious to me, but that still doesn't justify the price tag.
Alex H.
west monroe, la
Purchased at: Macy's
When you add this with other suggested Clinique products, you get great results! This toner is purifying, but not too harsh. I would recommend this for people with oily/combination skin. It removes any leftover dirt and makeup your face wash might have missed. It also aids in reducing the size of your pores.
Megs 🖤.
Milwaukee
I use this occasionally when my dryer skin feels slightly oily during the summer months. It Can sometimes be slightly over drying but overall great toner. Very affordable compared to some timers that are also in Sephora. Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
Chelsea J.
Madison, WI
Have used this for years - I started with this as my first non drugstore toner and continue to go back to it. Does not dry out my skin and leaves it feeling refreshed, with absolutely no oily feel or residue. A tried and true favorite!
Samrin M.
Atlanta
Purchased at: Macy's
I have extremely dry skin and I decided to get clarifying lotion 1....it works sooooo well! I’m always amazed at how much dirty it picks up but that being said make sure you dont over clarify, I did and got a small eczema breakout from doing it too often.
Amanda T.
Dose it help with oil and ance
Misty D.
#giftcrush I need to try this
Rebeca P.
What are the results I get with this product?