BY CLINIQUE #47 in Toners & Astringents

Skin Type: Very Dry/Dry

Dermatologist-developed formula helps reveal fresher skin. Sweeps away dulling flakes so moisturizer can do its job better.

Helps fine dry lines disappear.

• Dose it help with oil and ance3 Answers
  • What are the results I get with this product?1 Answers
Clinique Clarifying Lotion 1
  • "did not like it even though i bought the kind recommended for my skin type...it burned...and was wholly unpleasant...was glad to get rid of it finally" in 2 reviews
  • "It works great and freshens my face without drying it up!" in 1 review
  • "It's specifically formulated for someone with very dry skin who doesn't get oily at all, so bear that in mind when choosing your formula!" in 1 review
  • "Never have an issue with break outs since I started using it." in 1 review
  • "On lazy nights when I felt like death I was able to use this alone and it removed all face makeup in one try and allowed me to go to sleep soundly because I knew that my skin was clean and would not break out from left over products clogging my skin!" in 1 review
elliott b.
elliott b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay, so I have only used this product two times so this review might be a bit premature but I was so impressed with this product. I've been having a bad case of hormonal acne on my chin and nothing has been able to really treat the problem and not dry out my skin. I picked this up as I am a fan of clinique and I wasn't disappointed. After using this at night I woke up to significantly smaller bumps on my chin and nose and no peeling skin!! I was worried as alcohol is the 2nd ingredient on this toner, but it actually did moisturize my skin. The only qualm I have with this is I wish the hole was smaller at the top. I had an accident with this and a waterfall of product gushed out. A squeesy tube would be amazing.
Ali R.
Ali R.
Best stuff ever!”

I admit, I stopped using others things for awhile. I didn't "feel" like it did anything and I felt silly sweeping this wet cotton ball across my face not feeling or seeing a difference so I stopped using it and skipped this step altogether. I then received a small bottle as a sample after several years of not using it. I thought "what the heck" and decided to try it once again. Immediately my face felt so silky smooth, I couldn't believe it. My face felt like a baby's bottom. I didn't realize how rough my face felt before until I began using this again. I went out a few days later and bought a bottle. What a difference this stuff makes!! I will never skip this step again! Thank you Clinique!
Jessica C.
Jessica C.
I've only recently started to use clarifying lotion. I did some research and found that most contain alcohol. I'm glad that Clinique makes one without it because I have sensitive skin. I've only been using is for a couple of weeks but I haven't had any problems so far. The only thing is that my skin feels a bit dry afterwards, but that is where moisturizer comes in. I am already seeing a difference in my skin. Skin tone is more even and I can see less blackheads. A little goes a long way so a bottle at this price is a very good deal.
Michelle H.
Michelle H.
Maspeth, NY
I began using this Clinique products when I was a teenager and I've been using it ever since!! This product is very effective at cleaning the skin after washing. It's nondrying and it is non-irritating. The packaging is standard simple and classic. I have definitely recommended this product to other people who may have issues with harsher toners and astringents. This product has been part of my daily skin care regimen for as long as I can remember and it will continue to be probably until I die LOL! Gotta love Clinique!
NC S.
NC S.
Sarasota, FL
This really helps my dry flaky skin. The Clinique skin professional told me to use a cottonball to swipe it over my face. I was using makeup remover pads. That has made a big difference, because a little goes a long way. She also said, if I'm getting any dirt or makeup on the cottonball, then I'm not cleansing my face properly. I never have that tight skin feeling after using it either, otherwise I would switch to Formula 1. I'm extremely happy with the difference it's making in my skin appearance.
Becca C.
Becca C.
Plant City, FL
I have read a lot about this product which drew me to Clinique. This is very highly rated and talked about on my beauty boards. This is the only toner that is alcohol/witch hazel free yet it has a low level salicylic acid for exfoliation PLUS soothing botanical ingredients. I LOVE this item. I have been using this 2x a day for a week and even though I am not prone to breakouts, my skin is clearer, my pores are tightening and my skin looks brighter. I can't believe how good this is!!
Stequisha H.
Stequisha H.
New Orleans, LA
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
I have very sensitive and very very dry skin and so I live by Clinique products. I can't use the toner everyday because it will dry my skin out to much but I do use it every other day. I can tell a difference when I don't use it and I know that toner is super important part of my skin care. This toner does not break me out which is a huge deal because everything tends to break me out. It would be great though if Clinique would come up with a even less harsh version.
Alexis C.
Alexis C.
Raleigh, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been a huge fan of Clinique products for MANY years! I've always been able to tolerate them on my very sensitive face. This product is part of Clinique's 3-step system (cleanser, toner/clarifying lotion, moisturizer). It's really does a great job at removing any extra dirt and grime that didn't get washed away after cleaning my face. It helps with keeping redness and irritation at bay, and improves the texture of my skin. I recommend this product to anyone!
Colleen C.
Colleen C.
Rochester, NY
I purchased this in the winter because of my dry skin, it came with a set and all 3 together are great. But this stuff alone is amazing. I love using this before I apply my moisturizer, leaving my face hydrated and not sticky like some products do, it also does remove my makeup left behind even though that's not the purpose. It's summer right now and I am still using it and loving it, the bottle does last long and a little does go a long way with this product
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
Dose it help with oil and ance
Rebeca P.
Rebeca P.
What are the results I get with this product?