BY CLINIQUE

Dual-action mask purifies and polishes skin for a delightful deep-clean treatment. Natural bamboo charcoal and kaolin clay help remove pollution and impurities, while natural silica beads gently refine texture.

How To Use

• How do you put your masks on? Above the eyebrow or all ar...27 Answers
  • I love clinic but wonder if it cleans out your pores like...4 Answers
  • I tried a charcoal clay mask but it didn't seem to do muc...3 Answers
Clinique City Block Purifying™ Charcoal Clay Mask + Scrub
  • "I recive a sample of this mask and I'm in love! I have sensitive skin and acné prone skin and it works perfect. My skin feels super soft after used , you can see diference in your skin with only one use." in 15 reviews
Kate T.
I've been using the  Clinique City Block Purifying™ Charcoal Clay Mask + Scrub for over 6 months now and I am in love! It is a miracle worker on my acne prone skin! Its gentle, yet an excellent exfoliator and I love that it is dual action. You can actually see the product working! As it dries, you can see the product soaking deep into your pores to pull out excess oil. I always use this mask after traveling to remove all the bad toxins and pollutants that my skin has been exposed to. I apply my mask with a brush, but I have found that it works best if you use your hands to massage the product into your skin. Also, I will leave the mask on a little longer than directed for optimal results. Oh and the removal is sooo easy! I just use warm water on a facecloth and massage in circle motions. I will double rinse my face after in order to make sure there is no grit left behind. I usually follow up with a moisturizing mask because I do find that this mask can leave my skin feeling a little dry. However, the next morning my makeup application is much, much smoother and my pores are noticeably smaller. It is a game changer for me!
Heather K.
Saint Louis MO
When searching for a facial scrub you should ALWAYS look for a product that is made from a natural exfoliating agent. Those manufactured beads are non-biodegradable and go straight to the ocean. If it can’t be absorbed by the earth you really shouldn’t use it on your skin!

The Clinique charcoal City Block clay mask and exfoliator is a superb product that you can use as a mask, a scrub or both. I love that it uses charcoal because it is biodegradable but also it isn’t too harsh on your skin. The face is a sensitive area for many people, including myself and nothing too harsh will ever work for me. I get red and blotchy really easily so sensitive products are a must.

You really will not find a better product to deep clean your skin without making it feel like sandpaper scrubbed skin afterwards. It is recommended on the packaging to be used as a weekly treatment at most and it works well for me on this schedule. It lasts a good long while and I highly recommend!
Sevastia M.
Glen cove, NY
I always have this in my stash. My skin just looks so much better using this. Not as dull, fresh. And I'll put it all over my face, no multi-masking. It's way better than the other Clinique charcoal mask.

I like this best the day after I do a glycolic peel mask. And when my skin is having better days or isn't as oily, I'll still use this but in the shower so it doesn't dry completely.

I also put this on my armpits in the shower when I switched to natural deodorant. I read something about armpit detox masks figured this would work just as well.
Lindsey B.
Brooklyn, NY
I received this coal mask as a deluxe size sample when I bought my husband’s Christmas presents from Clinique and we have both tried it and loved it. I am a sucker for a mask that has charcoal in it because it seems to leave my skin feeling soft and well looked after. I like having a slightly scrubby element to a mask because I specifically use them when I feel like my skin is feeling a little dull and needs an extra good scrub (when exfoliating doesn’t quite do the job). This product was easy to apply and easy to remove, which is always a a great thing with a mask. My husband also loved it and we have quite different skin. We will buy a full size tube of this the next time we need a mask.
Courtney G.
Lowell, AR
I have tried so many at home face masks and haven’t really liked any of them. This one is SO GOOD. It’s refreshing on your face and it feels like it’s tightening your skin while you wear it and it dries. As it dries you can actually see the absorption of the oils in your pores. It dries up my acne spots within ONE USE!!!
Brianna A.
Williamsburg
I absolutely adore this product! Firstly it's a two in one product- so if you're incredibly busy (or lazy) this is the perfect product for you. I use it after my shower on cleansed skin and let the charcoal dry and do it's work extracting the gross stuff from my skin and then wet my fingers once dry and gently exfoliate my skin. It leaves it feeling deeply cleansed and soft!
Ashleigh P.
Walworth, NY
I love Clinique products to bits. The City Block purifying mask is no exception. While the products can be a bit pricey, it’s always worth it. This mask was recommended to me by one of the beauty consultants for Clinique and I’ve found it really helps get me ready for the week. It makes my skin feel soft and fresh. The perfect confidence boost needed to face any Monday.
Vicky R.
Scottsdale
This is my favorite mask right now. A little goes a long way - I use a foundation brush to apply so the bottle lasts a long time. I use about twice a week and I have very sensitive skin. Dries quickly and turns blue - it takes about ten minutes. It’s gentle so you don’t need to worry if your toddler has a screaming fit on the ninth minute. The best part is this exfoliates as you wash it off in a circular motion with warm water. I just love this stuff. Always leaves me feeling refreshed and clean and I can feel my skin is healthier. Clinique City Block Purifying™ Charcoal Clay Mask + Scrub
stephanie c.
bogota
I have combination skin, I also have a lot of black heads around my nose area. I was looking for a mask that would help with the clearing of black heads and got recommended this and i fell in love with it. It’s the best charcoal mask I have used! I will continue to purchase it.
Samantha A.
Bothell, WA
This product is nice to use, however I don’t find it does much for my skin. I bought it because it was cheap, and i was having really oily skin issues. It goes on easily, dries, then you wash it off. It’s a basic charcoal mask I just didn’t personally see any major changes.
Bethany K.
How do you put your masks on? Above the eyebrow or all around your eye for maximum coverage?
Taylor H.
Concord, CA
How long should I leave this on?
Rebecca C.
Bakersfield, CA
I love clinic but wonder if it cleans out your pores like using a nose strip
Haley A.
Apache Junction
Is this worth the price?
Jolly M.
Do you use a brush to apply the mask or just your fingers? When removing the mask do you use a towel to help with removing it?