Add a Photo

By CLINIQUE
#339 in Liquid Foundation

Pure pigment drops to mix with moisturizer, create custom coverage.

Transform your favorite moisturizer into a BB, CC or fuller-coverage foundation. One drop of Clinique BIY Blend It Yourself Pigment Drops creates sheer cover. Two or three, a flawless finish. Since Clinique BIY takes on the finish of the moisturizer you blend it with, expect a more matte finish with a mattifying moisturizer. Or a more dewy, radiant finish when blended with a moisturizer that contains optics. All skin types.

Photos (5)
Cleo H.
Cleo H.

I hated the Cover Fx drops cause it was grey as hell, this stuff I am ab-so-freaking-lutely in love with. For one this is very golden and it doesn’t loose that upon being mixed into anything else. Second, the pigmentation is off the charts. One drop in moisturiser is sufficient to create a pretty decently pigmented tinted moisturiser. Two drops is medium coverage. Third, and probably the most important detail, it doesn’t affect the finish of anything that you add it to. The CF always changed the texture and finish of my foundations, and not in a good way. I believe the BIY drops are water based, the very liquid consistency leads me to believe that and I think that’s the reason it doesn’t affect the finish.

One of my big issues with the CF was that the darkest shade in the golden range was still not quite dark enough, because of that it consistently lightened every foundation that I added it to, instead of adjusting the undertone which is kind of what it was created to do. The BIY drops don’t do that. I’ve been adding it to a couple new foundations that I’ve gotten where the shade is right, but the undertone could use a little more gold in it. All this does is make the undertone better for me without changing anything other than that. In the pictures I have it mixed with the Clinique Moisture Surge. The first photo is just one drop, and the second is two drops.

I do have two problems with this though, first it's $33 and you only get .34oz. Second, I use 155, the second to last shade, and I'm a medium brown, so not that dark. All in although, I love this thing.
Meghan S.
Meghan S.

I went to Ulta and received a makeover from one of the beauticians there. I told her I have oily skin and random dry patches that's very texturized no matter how often I use an exfoliator. She tried this out on my face (applying with her hands) with the Clinique moisturizer (+3 drops) and did a second layer for fuller coverage (6 drops altogether) that she mixed with a green tinted moisturizer to soften the redness due to my blemished skin. She finished the look with the ItCosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Airbrush Perfecting Powder and hours later my skin looks FLAWLESS. 💕
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.

While I love my Clinique, this is a product that I am not totally in love with.

It is very easy to apply. You put one, two, or three drops in with your moisturizer during your skincare routine, and you're set to go.

I prefer a fuller coverage, so this is not something I will usually reach for. I do like it for the days when I am just doing laundry and want a tinted moisturizer.

The main drawback, in my opinion, is the lack of shade range. Almost every shade is gold leaning, though there are some neutrals. However, there is nothing rose toned.
E. H.
E. H.

I hope nobody believes the lies all these people are telling. I actually have this product and it just came out 2 days ago in Ulta. It is meant to be used mixed with a moisturizer and is only matte or dewy finish based on which moisturizer you use it with, so you can get different results based on that. It gives you a very sheer to light coverage and performs pretty much like a BB cream. Yes you can increase the drops for more coverage but you won't get full coverage, it's medium at best.
Maxine S.
Maxine S.
Charleston

Clinique!! It took me so long to find a foundation my correct shade. I tried so many different brands. My friend suggested I try Clinique and I am so glad I listened!! I'm a dark skin woman so it's a pain trying to find foundations! Clinique had my exact shade! I love them forever! I am so impressed with this company! They definitely got it right! It's long lasting, not cakey and it feels like skin!
Katherine H.
Katherine H.
Wise, VA

You need a BB or CC cream????? Right here is the best thing. You shake this little bottle for 15 seconds to blend the pigment then you mix it with your favorite moisturizer. 1 drop is a sheer coverage 2 is a more moderate and 3 is full coverage. I am the 110 shade and let me tell you the 3 drops I have tried was comparable to a film coverage foundation.
Christie C.
Christie C.
Lubbock, TX

I used the BIY drops and fell in love! This is great for days when you don't feel like wearing heavy makeup. Its quick and easy: 1 drop for light, 2 drops for moderate coverage and 3 for full coverage. Just mix with your favorite moisturizer! Instant foundation! Just remember to shake the bottle. It will sound like spray paint.
Tina
Tina

Really like this foundation because it is very very very very very coverage if you're like me I have a lot of pimples that's just not good in my skin is very oily and it's very dry and it's kind a both and this foundation work and it's really good and it really moisturize my skin it makes it look beautiful and brand-new
Kaitlin N.
Kaitlin N.
Rochester

This is an amazing dupe for the Cover FX drops. I needed something to darken my foundations because I find myself in between shades, and this works perfectly. It doesn't change the consistently of my foundation, and is the perfect amount of pigment. A little goes a LONG way.
Lane F.
Lane F.
Boise, ID

I love the idea of this product! It's perfect for when you're on the go and is super easy to apply. The product claims that it can be full coverage but I didn't get that from it. I felt the need to put powder over it but this product would be perfect if you have clear skin.
Gwendolyn B.
Gwendolyn B.
Philadelphia, PA

Is this meant only for moisturizers or for foundation too?
Brittney S.
Brittney S.
Milan, GA

Is this more matte or dewy finish
Kezia O.
Kezia O.

I am a fan of a natural skin finish with foundations. I prefer coverage that is initially light coverage but can build up to medium. Would this foundation be a good pick for me? Also, does this product have an beneficial skin properties?
Liz S.
Liz S.
San Bruno, CA

Does anyone know what shade would be best for NC30-35?
Laura J.