BY CLINIQUE #19 in Liquid Foundation

Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer - A foundation-and-concealer in one for a natural, beyond perfected look that lasts all day. Lightweight, moisturizing makeup covers thoroughly without clogging pores. Skin breathes comfortably, colour stays true, even through sweat and humidity. Due to the rich pigment level that enhances this flawless coverage makeup, shades may appear deeper when first applied. Once blended completely and allowed to dry, Beyond Perfecting Makeup will melt into your skin for a Beyond Perfected flawless look. A little goes a long way! (1.0 oz.) - Beyond Perfecting Foundation + Concealer

• I've been wanting to test out Clinique. What is the staying power...14 Answers
  • I got a tester of this product when buying one of Clinique lotion...1 Answers
Yedzin T.
Erie, PA
I bought this foundation directly from Macy's because they had a 7 piece gift promotion with a $27 purchase so it was perfect. At first I was a bit hesitant to try out a full coverage foundation but when I tired it on it was absolutely perfect. Because it's a hybrid of both concealer and foundation, I get to skip the concealer and just jump to applying foundation directly but getting the same results. The share Golden Neutral 08 in my opinion, is perfect for Asian skin that is slightly more tan than the usual fair which for me is, extra extra fair. The product blends like a dream and it's super buttery. Even though it's full coverage I feel like it still gives me a great natural looking finish and with some setting powder, you can get a great matte finish too. I feel like this is a highly versatile product that's high end, great quality and a bang for your buck compared to its other counterparts that range from 40-60$ per fluid ounce. I definitely encourage everyone to give Clinique a try the next time they look for a new foundation.
Lillian P.
Reedsville, WI
This is my favorite foundation! And it is one of my cheapest at $27. I apply this with the want it comes with, usually only have to dip in twice. Then I blend out with a damp beauty blender. I used to use a brush but since this is such a light weight foundation it would some times streak in places. This is a medium-full coverage leaning more on the full side. I also love that it is also a concealer. This is for days where I just wear foundation and go, I don't have to use a million different products. And it is great for travel. I bought this about a month and a half ago and I am half way through it so I would say this will last about 3 months with everyday use. I love this foundation for summer because it gives my very oily skin a nice glow without looking like an oil slick. This also has amazing staying power. This will stay on thru intense workouts and even with splashing water on my face. Overall, this is an amazing foundation and I recommend this to the highest standards.
Katie W.
Morganton, NC
I had such high hopes for this product! I absolutely love Clinique skincare and I thought that if Clinique can help me out when I've had some of the worst breakouts of my life that I would absolutely love their foundation. I have a very fair complexion and I also have oily skin. I would like to start by saying that Clinique doesn't have a very wide range of shades to choose from. I purchased the lightest shade that Clinique makes and it was entirely too dark on me. And it was waaaay too orange. It didn't really help that the foundation oxidized on my skin pretty badly. The other thing that really disappointed me about this product is that it kind of just sits on your face. It doesn't melt into your skin like a good foundation should. No matter how much blending I did it how little product I applied I felt like I was wearing a mask. It felt so heavy and never truly set and got worse through the day. My face felt like an oil slick. This product just didn't work for my skin😕
Kayla J.
Picayune
I saw a lot of great reviews on this foundation so I had to try it for myself. I'm so glad I did! Number one it's only $27!! That's a steal compared to how much some of my other foundations cost. It wears so well on my skin (combination-dry) and lasts all day without wearing off. It doesn't break me out either which is a big plus.

💠Edit: I used this today and it reminded me that I forgot to touch on the application. It takes me more than one dip of the wand to achieve a full coverage face despite what the description says. It takes about 2 dips most days, occasionally 3 if I have anything I want to conceal a little more. However even dipping in two or three times I still am not using a ton of product. A little really does go a long way and it blends out beautifully. I totally agree with the claims that the color matches to your skin tone tho, mine isn't too dark when applied or anything but it matches so perfectly when it's blended in and sets!
Julie T.
I'm not one to usually declare something as a holy grail product, therefore I'm a little hesitant to describe the Clinique Beyond Perfect Foundation as such. However, it is a wonderful foundation. I have a lot of trouble finding a face product that will not cling to my dry patches, has good but natural looking coverage, and lasts through the Texas heat. This foundation hits the mark with all three. I apply it with the Real Techniques sponge and set it with the RCMA No Color Powder. It doesn't look cakey or settle in my pores as long as I don't use too much (two dips of the applicator for the entire face and down the neck.) It lasts the entire day, thought I do usually need to blot/powder if I'm in the heat and sweating. I love the coverage- it can be light for everyday or full when I have a breakout. I'm super happy with this product so far and I can see myself using it for a looong time.
JACKIE M.
Philadelphia, PA
When I was in my 20's I used to use nothing but mineral powered foundations and nothing else. That's all I really needed, but as I entered my 30's the mineral foundation alone wasnt really working for me anymore. It would leave my skin looking incredibly dried out. So last summer I went into Sephora and asked one of the girls there to help me out. She suggested that I tried the Clinique beyond perfecting foundation. She gave me a mini makeover using it & It worked wonders! It covered up the dark spots and a few acne scars. The color matched my skin perfectly and you couldn't tell that I had an ounce of foundation on! I have been a fan ever since. I currently have the foundation in 9-neutral, I have to go a few shades lighter though because I stopped going to the tanning salon.
I would totally recommend Clinique beyond perfecting foundation it's an awesome foundation!
Heather J.
I love this concealer, it's perfect for gals who like a full-coverage foundation and has no real need for concealer or powder.
I don't like this foundation as much during summer because I tend to go with lighter coverage then, but it's a go-to the rest of the year.
It has a large doe-foot wand and I dab a few dots around my face and then blend with a Beauty Blender. I do use an under eye concealer with this, but that's because I have bags that need camouflaging.
There is a bit of a scent, but it dissipates quickly. I think this foundation would stay put with sweat or humidity because it has such terrific staying power.
There are tons of shades; I highly recommend going in and getting color matched.
To top it off, this foundation is only around $20, which is half the price of many other foundations I own!
Emily W.
Mandeville, LA
I received this during a "gift with purchase" event at Clinique. I am in the shade Alabaster. While I like the application, I found that the formula on my skin type was not very good. I have a pretty oily T-zone (while it does sometimes get dry patches as well!) and "normal" skin every where else. This is about a medium (to full) coverage foundation, but it is not the look I am going for. It is a very "make up-y" look; you can definitely see the makeup on your face, and it doesn't sink into the skin well at all. I live in Louisiana and on hot days, the makeup-y look just gets worse and worse throughout the day. I prefer a good coverage foundation that doesn't look like you are wearing a ton of makeup. This gave me average coverage and looked like I had on many layers of makeup!! This is a pass for me.
Damilola À.
I love this foundation I really do, I just wish that the shade selection and undertones where different. But other than that it has really good coverage without making it feel like you just packed on a whole bunch of makeup on your face. It definitely gives full coverage, but if you are darker than Mac NW45/50, Makeup Forever Hd 178/180 then you probably won't be able to use this foundation bc it's not dark enough and the darkest shade is clove.

Also this foundation runs very VERY red and you'll have to use a concealer that's very yellow in undertone to help balance out this foundation bc if not you will look like an orange. But other than that I do enjoy this foundation and it's price point- I just hope that they expand the color selection
Autumn S.
Lewisburg, WV
I know Clinique is a brand that has been kicked to the curb a little by most people my age, but this foundation is honestly so worth trying. It is actually my holy grail foundation and the ONLY one that I have been this content with other than my airbrush foundation, so that says a lot! It offers maximum full coverage without having to continue to layer and build. I also love that it is a natural finish as opposed to a matte finish that most foundations with this amount of coverage offers. I have zero complaints other than: I wish the bottle had a pump instead of the doe foot applicator AND Clinique in general needs to offer more options for people of a golden/olive undertone. Luckily for me, pink undertone foundations work just fine!
Melissa J.
Does this product make you look cakey??
Jordan W.
What's the best way to apply this foundation? Beauty blender, flat top brush, or rounded foundation brush?
Sarah C.
Fairhope, AL
I've been wanting to test out Clinique. What is the staying power on this product? Does it have a scent?
Sarah S.
Toronto, ON
Is this a thick foundation? I have freckles that I hate covering up so I try to find foundations that go on fairly light.
Alejandra M.
I've been hearing good and bad comments about this foundation i like to try it but I'm not sureif it will work for me. Any recommendations.