BY CLINIQUE #28 in Liquid Foundation

Buy now on Sephora
and get 4.0% CASH BACK with
powered by

Benefits: Moisturizing

Skin Types: All

A foundation-and-concealer in one for a natural, beyond perfected look that lasts 24 hours. Lightweight, moisturizing makeup covers thoroughly without clogging pores. Skin breathes comfortably, color stays true, even through sweat and humidity.

In 27 skin-perfecting shades.
Due to the rich pigment level that enhances this flawless coverage makeup, shades may appear deeper when first applied. Once blended completely and allowed to dry, Beyond Perfecting Makeup will melt into your skin for a Beyond Perfected flawless look. A little goes a long way!

How to Use:

• Using the large backside of the wand, sweep foundation across your forehead, cheeks, and chin. Then use the angled tip of the applicator–that has a slight dip in it to hold more product–to cover down the bridge of the nose and across the jawline. Blend well with fingers.
  • Finish by using the pointy tip to spot conceal any trouble areas–under the eyes, around the outside of the nose, on top of blemishes. Pat and blend well with fingers.

• I've been wanting to test out Clinique. What is the stayi...15 Answers
  • I got a tester of this product when buying one of Cliniqu...1 Answers
  • Is clinique hypolergenic?1 Answers
Stacey P.
Review for: Breeze more...
Three to four years ago this would have been too moisturizing for me to use. But now that I'm 26 living in the West Coast with arid climates, this really has been the Holy Grail / Savior for my skin. If I could wear no makeup at all, of course I would to save my skin the exhaustion of having a full face of make-up on my skin 410 Plus hours a day. But as a career woman that can't be helped. This Glides on the skin with just a little bit of buffing, it Blends really flawlessly, and stays on the skin for 8 plus hours. If I am having an extra long day I powder lightly on top with a translucent powder, or even a pigmented powder for extra coverage. I have acne scarring all over my cheeks and Chin area so I really emphasize full coverage. This provides full coverage but with moisture that I have not been able to find in other brands or foundations. The only other foundations that are comprable to this one are expensive Asian brands that I cannot always get my hands on. So this is a close second but it really is so helpful and has been great. I'm the color Breeze which is I believe 0.5 on the scale, and I am NC 15 to 20 in Mac foundations. I use this with the applicator, maybe 5 to 6 dots all over my cheeks and Blended out with a beauty blender or a buffing brush for better coverage. In the winter months this is really great, but in the summer months if you are combination or a little bit earlier than I am., you might need a better translucent powder or a slightly less moisturizing Foundation.
Kaylee D.
Denver
Review for: Golden Neutral more...
I am reviewing this product based on its claims with my opinions on whether it performs up to those claims.
Lightweight moisturizing makeup the covers thoroughly without clogging pores. I would disagree with that. I felt this foundation was very heavy on my skin and it made me break out pretty badly particularly in my T zone and chin. Perfected look that lasts 24 hours. I also disagree with that. At the end of a normal work day I felt that my skin looked like an oily mess.

Why I gave it two stars:
I like the large concealer like doe foot applicator. And it really was a nice full coverage foundation. I performed better and was less of an oil slick on cooler days but as soon as the sun came out it was a mess on my face. I have read many reviews that this product works great for oily skin but that was not the case for my combo skin. The website claims you need very little which is true, a little goes a long way. Their shade range is a bit disappointing if you have a deeper skin tone. It is easy to blend but it takes so long to dry down which I’m not a big fan of. This is not the worst foundation ever but it was definitely not the foundation for me and I won’t be repurchasing.
Analyssa B.
Orlando, Florida
Review for: Vanilla more...
I find when I use this product, my pores are over exaggerated. It looks like I have small little dots or pits in my face. I do like the coverage, and the shades are pretty good, but I find I have to use more products on my face than usual. It does not layer well with other products at all either. I played around with this for nearly a month. It did nothing for me. Every single day, I tried different techniques and applicators to see if I could find a good combination going but to no avail I still looked like I was almost wearing a mask of myself. The primer(s) I normally use, one or the other, I came up with is my BOBBI BROWN To Go-Vitamin Enriched Face Base and my  Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer . The best combination for my skin I was able to come up with was using my  Too Faced Retractable Kabuki Brush  to buff the product out. My other HG brushes, such as my Sonia Kashuk Buffing Foundation Makeup Brush, pack of 1 (which works on majority to every foundation I own), left almost brush hair strokes and streaks in it. I tried time and time again to use this with my the original beautyblender® beauty queen limited edition pink original (original and my black pro) absorbed the product and I barely had any on my face by the 4th-5th dab. I have a dry combination skin type, where I get oily in my t-zone, and have an issue with product sticking to the crease of my nose. This stuff will separate. I mean, I normally will get separation (with my  Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup ) I only get separation after 10-12 hours of wear), but this stuff was blotchy lily no tomorrow with an hour. Legitimately, after I’ve completed my entire look, I already have to reapply to attempt to fix the mistake around my problem areas. My eyes do have small fine lines, nothing too bad since I am still 18, but it made more lines I didn’t even know I had appear. It is very cakey when you even try to layer it, because it can tend to come out blotchy or even uneven coverage. It made me look easily 33, and my mom even said she did not like this on my skin at all. I also hate the doe-foot application that is ‘recommended’, and do feel this needs a pump.

TL;DR -
Pro(s): full coverage like it claims, did not make me break out or get a rash, shade range is good (with undertones that is)
Con(s): can come out blotchy, can be a bit shiny or oily, application is gross to put on my face and shove back in the bottle contemplating the rest of the product, could have more darker or gradual shades rather than it jumping around.
Jay R.
The formula of this for use of a concealer is nice but for some reason as a foundation I just don't like it. I made a YT video about this and the darkest shade made my face look Orange! I don't see how this Brand can't expand into darker shades! I would definitely use it more as a concealer seeing that I could find a decent highlighting shade (which is actually the 2nd darkest shade in this product) but paying almost $30 dollars for it would not be worth it. Especially when there are other brands with a formula that's even better for a lower price. If you're more of a fair, light, or medium complexion you will enjoy your shade being available but if you're chocolate like me....FORGET ABOUT IT AS A FOUNDATION!
Chris T.
Review for: Buttermilk more...
I recently tried a Clinque moisturizer and was impressed, so thought I would try this foundation.  I also like that the products do not have fragrances.  I went to the Clinque counter to be color matched, I purchased Buttermilk.
I like the foundation does not have fragrance.  The bottle is nice and sleek looking.  Applied to face the formula is rather light feeling on the skin.
The applicator is odd and takes practice to use it effectively.  The color was okay even after being color matched.  It was slightly too yellow which is shocking because I have never been able to find a formula that goes this extreme yellow.
This might be full coverage for some people, but to me this is medium.  This did not cover my freckles unless I packed it on and even then 2 hours later my freckles peeked through again.  You do need a separate concealer.
This is not a long wear foundation for my oily skin.  At the end of 10 hour day, my face was super oily and cakey.  This did not separate on the face though.
Aliy O.
Kissimmee, FL
I’m honestly in love with this foundation/concealer! I love how easy it is to use the applicator, perfect for when I’m in a rush and need to do something fast. This foundation is definitely for my full coverage gals, it covers and conceals everything without that heavy feeling! This foundation does last all day, a few touch ups and your good. It is definitely matte and pore less! This foundation cost around 30$ but it is so worth that price considering people pay for tarte shape tape (tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer) which has less than half amount of product than this foundation/concealer but have the same amount of coverage. This is honestly something that is a must to my makeup routine! Clinique Beyond Perfecting™ Foundation + Concealer
Amanda F.
This foundation is great! I was matched at our local Clinique counter and LOVED the way the consultant applied it to my face. I wore it literally for 8 hours and never once did it oxidize. However after I got home and tried to apply it in the same manner as the girl did, it looked great for about 2 hours then I looked like an Oompa Loompa from Willy Wonka! Very disappointing. I need to find a great primer to use between it and my skin to prevent it from oxidizing. You can see in the photo where it had begun to oxidize. Holding out hope I can find a way to make it work. $30 for foundation is a little steep for it to just turn orange.
Maria J.
Review for: Honey more...
Clinique has the best foundations hands down they focus on your skin complexion.on the sensitivity of your skin and of course they focus on making your skin look flawless with makeup on the foundation feels so light weight! And it doesn’t leave your face looking so fake ya small amount goes a long way for sure!! You can use just a small amount and makes your face look like you don’t have no makeup on what so ever.the formula is incredible! Also I never get no flash back when I take my pictures with their foundations I’m obsessed with their foundations.
Katy F.
West Palm Beach
Review for: Honey, Neutral, Beige more...
This is 1 of my top 3 foundations!! Idk how i feel about the whole and concealer part put the foundation is amazing! It's got a nice large wand applicator that controls the product so you don't overuse it. Its a buildable full coverage foundtion, that leaves your skin looking pretty flawless on its own but added in with the rest of my face routine is AMAZINGGGG! (Cleanse, tone, MOISTURIZE, prime, Clinique Beyond perfecting foundation and concealer, Tarte Shape Tape concealer, a setting powder, bronze, contour, highlight, blush& setting spray!) That is the recipe for perfectly Flawless face! The formulation if this foundation is really nice! It's pretty thick, not at all liquidity. It blends nicely and you can definitely build it up to your liking. I don't know if I would recommend this for beginners simply because it is a little bit fast drying and it does oxidize on the skin a little bit so the color you initially apply does darken up. Other than that I absolutely love this foundation and I give it 5 Stars hands down!
Nia A.
Little Falls
Review for: Breeze more...
I heard a lot of amazing things about this foundation from social media and youtubers so i decided to give it a try. I bought it a couple months ago so I was a bit paler then i am now. I got the lightest color they had had Ulta and it was still to dark and looked really orange on my skin. The packaging was cute and I loved the applicator. It vended our very well when I used my beauty blender but I had to return it because of how it didn’t match my skin. My advise is do not try to match your skin when your inside Ulta. Try a couple and walk outside! The lighting it Ulta sucks! I would of loved this foundation if they had a color that matched my skin tone.
Melissa J.
Does this product make you look cakey??
Jordan W.
What's the best way to apply this foundation? Beauty blender, flat top brush, or rounded foundation brush?
Sarah C.
Fairhope, AL
I've been wanting to test out Clinique. What is the staying power on this product? Does it have a scent?
Sarah S.
Toronto, ON
Is this a thick foundation? I have freckles that I hate covering up so I try to find foundations that go on fairly light.
Alejandra M.
I've been hearing good and bad comments about this foundation i like to try it but I'm not sureif it will work for me. Any recommendations.

back