BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Wearable Colour

Skin Types: All

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

How to Use:

Apply directly to lips. Can easily be layered.

Clinique Almost Lipstick
  • "This is my favorite lip stick of all time, I have been using it over a year now its amazing and very rich moisturizing. It does not have any scent to it. " in 104 reviews
  • "I had read in InStyle Mag that this was a universally flattering color. I tried it and I fell in love. Like the other reviewer said, it looked like it would be a dark Goth-like color in the tube, but once it's on it takes your natural lip color and intensifies it. " in 64 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 22 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 21 reviews
Jill K.
I got this in my sephora play box in the shade black honey. I absolutely love it. The color is flattering and subtle. It doesn't have great staying power, but it wears gracefully and can be reapplied without a mirror. I will be buying the full size when my sample runs out.
Jessica S.
Review for: Other more...
The only thing I somewhat liked about this product was how it made my lips feel. They did feel hydrated for a little while. I had the shade black honey and it was not very pigmented at all (pic is 6 swipes). The smell also gave me a headache. It is very waxy smelling. I would not recommend.
Sydney S.
Cornelius, NC
I wasn't a huge fan of this product. There isn't really any pigmentation. It's not a long wearing product but it's slightly hydrating. I got this in a subscription box and I won't purchase the full size. I'd rather put something more pigmented and long wearing than this.
Melody R.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Shy, Chic more...
This is a decent tinted balm. I have both colors but I don't use them often. The pink might as well be clear on me, doesn't show on my average red lips. The black does show, it's nice, kind of a warm hue that I prefer more for fall. The formulas ok, light but not super hydrating. I love balms and have many, tinted and not tinted, so that's why I don't reach for these really a lot.
Ashley R.
Ocean View, NJ
Almost lipstick is the best! This has been my go-to lipstick for years, and it never looks out of style. The sheerness of the texture and feel but richness of the color is hard to match by any other brands. This feels comfortable like chapstick on your lips, so even those that don't usually like traditional lipsticks would love this. I recommend this for anyone who is looking for an easy-to wear product in a signature color.
Sierra M.
Ashland, WI
The black honey shade of this is definitely a cult favorite! It goes on with just a simple wash of color over my lips and it is super moisturizing. Because the color is so sheer, you don't need a mirror to apply it. I am definitely buying this again when I run out of my current tube.
Kim S.
Recently got the black honey one in my sephora play box...apparently it is like a cult classic but ive never heard of it.

It is a really nice color and glides on well. It is not too drying either. It is super easy to just throw in my bag and put on if i want a touch up throughout the day. I am not sure of the price but clinique never seems to get quite as pricey as other similar brands.
Kasey H.
Berkley, MI
Black Honey is famous for a reason. I love this and will buy it again. This was perfect for daily use, because I can swipe on one layer of comfortable, sheer color or build it up. It gives a really pretty effect when just dabbed on with glowy skin and long lashes. It's beautiful. The consistency isn't like anything else I've tried; it's almost a gel stick.
Alexandra H.
Oviedo, FL
I got this product in my sephora play box. I have the shade black honey which is a dark purple/red color. However, it's almost more like a tinted lip balm and the color pigment isn't the greatest, but you can build it up. It is a great formula though.
Caitlin K.
I didn't like this at all. This was an item in the Sephora play box and as soon as I opened the lid, the lipstick came out. It appeared to have been broken inside the tube. It got everywhere and I really didn't like the texture of this. Everything about it just felt really cheap.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.