BY CLINIQUE

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

• Is there another lip product in the black honey shade that you wo...2 Answers
  • Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel? 5 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or ma...3 Answers
Sara A.
Baltimore, MD
Review for: Other more...
Clinique Black Honey is beautiful. It’s a sultry, comfortable, stain-like lippie that is sheer and comfortable yet lasts longer than youd expect. Sleek packaging! Have bought about 4 of these! Love em!
Stephanie C.
totally recommended I take it daily in my and my friends also use it gives a fantastic finish .....totally recommendable I occupy it daily in my I love the colors he combined them with my clothes every day ..............
Megan M.
Redmond, WA
Review for: Other more...
I tried this product in Black Honey. It’s a pretty soft natural plummy tone. It does take a few layers to show up. I like that it has no scent. In general, I prefer other sheer lipsticks.
elizabeth g.
colorado springs
Such a great product that I swear by. I buy multiple just because I constantly use them and it’s that good I wouldn’t think of using another brands cause It lives up to what it promises!! You should try it too!!
Alyssa L.
JACKSONVILLE, FL
Review for: Other more...
I got a sample of the Almost Lipstick in Black Honey from Ipsy. It’s an amazing sheer that goes on like a balm and moisturizes. It’s a beautiful color that’s perfect for fall.
Debby P.
Gainesville
Could use a bit more color but, good if your afraid of bold colors. It feels nice going on. I feel it should stay on longer. I felt as if I was constantly reapplying
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
I received the cult favorite Clinique's Black Honey in my Sephora PLAY! box and I am obsessed! It gives me the perfect amount of sheer color to my lips. The berry color is slightly buildable. The jelly-feel balm has a bit of shine shine and honestly reminds me a bit of tinted lip balm. It really does give you an effortless, naturally pretty lip. Perfect for those light makeup days! It's also great to pair with statement eyes as the lip is subtle enough without seeming washed out. I do feel that it does seem to disappear off the lips faster and more easily than a typical tinted lip balm. Requires more re-application time though, which is a bummer. Still, you really don't need a mirror to apply this. Just swipe and go. What makes it "average" is that I can get the EXACT same look with the tinted Burt's Bees lip balm in Red Dahlia.
Steph L.
I got this in my Sephora play box and have a lot of mixed feelings about it. I was hoping the color pay off would be a little better as it is a almost lipstick, but this really is more like a tinted balm to me. Which I don't mind bc I needed one, i was just disappointed this product came out nothing like the packaging. Black honey looks so dark and burgundy but comes off very sheer. It has a little smell to it also which I don't mind but can look past since it doesn't linger. I would use this since I have it and it's good for my less makeup days, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.
Mariah M.
I was not a fan of this product! As the name hints, it is most definitely NOT lipstick. So, don't buy thinking, "Oh wow, what a gorgeous color!" It will be a very sheer form of that color. Very close to a balm formula, definitely not sticky like a gloss. It isn't sticky or anything like that. However, Black Honey looks gorgeous in tube, but when I put it on the lips it looks like I ate a cherry popsicle (I have fair skin and not very much color to my natural lips unfortunately). For $17, I would say stay clear and buy some Baby Lips from the drugstore. Disclaimer: Maybe I am judging a bit too harshly because I am a huge lipstick fanatic.
Christine N.
I just received this product after having not used it since college. It was all the rage back then as college girls like Clinique and Liv Tyler used the shade in Black Honey for LOTR which just added to this product's cult appeal. I recall buying two tubes in college.

Now over 15 years later, I have to say the product has not changed at all. I remember the texture and taste and it is exactly the same. In college, for me at that time, I considered it a sheer lipstick. But now that I am an older and have accumulated a lot of lipstick experience under my belt, this is like a glossy tinted lip balm for me. The texture reminds me the most of Revlon lip butters but with much less pigment. I would really put this in the tinted lip balm category though the gloss/shine is much more than other tinted lip balms out there right now. The color is like a very sheer red/brown/plum depending on your lip tone that can be built up. The net result is a natural looking flush with shine.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.