BY CLINIQUE

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

• Is there another lip product in the black honey shade that you wo...2 Answers
  • Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel? 5 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or ma...3 Answers
Tyreen S.
Sandy Springs, GA
Review for: Black Honey
This product is true to it's name. It's like a hybrid between a lip balm, a lip gloss, and a lip stain. There is some pigmentation so I would not recommend wearing this while bare-faced. While it seems like it's going to be super dark, on my deep golden complexion I found this product to be like a nice tint of color. My skin tone really brings out the berry red of the color. I love to wear this when I want to wear more than just lip balm
michele m.
norwood, MA
Review for: Black Honey
Yes, believe it. This color works for any skin tone and any age. It looks really dark in the tube, but it is a sheer tint that can be built up for a darker color. It really works with your own skin tone and has a slight sheen that is just lovely. This is a staple for over 20 years in my makeup drawer.
Amber G.
Florence, AL
Review for: Black Honey
Although the name & first glance at this product can be a little scary, the color it produces is amazing. You can go light & a tad sheer with one coat or a little darker with two coats. The color looks amazing on everyone. There is a reason it's in the top ten best sellers for Clinique. I have 2 tubes in my makeup bag, just in case! It's moisturizing & just feels good on the lips. I recommend this to ANY & ALL women.
Aida S.
Review for: Lovely
I really like Clinique's Almost Lipstick line, it's a perfect touch of color if you're looking for something for your lips but you don't want too heavy pigmentation. It's really moisturizing, so it's similar to a tinted lip all. Would be good for younger teens starting out in makeup.
Alex X.
Review for: Black Honey
I love this lipstick because it's not truly a lipstick. When applied it has this sheer somewhat moist quality, like Chapstick. As other reviewers have mentioned, this product looks good on everyone because it's more of a lip tint. What I've found is that you can go easily from day to night with this product, applying a light coat for office appropriate level amount of make up and then layering more on for a more dramatic look when going out.
Laura R.
Review for: Black Honey
This sheer berry lip Gloss/stick is the perfect color! I am a fair to medium completed blonde and this is the best brown berry ish color! A quick swipe and I look put together without looking overly made up. It has no taste or fragrance to speak of and when it wears off, you don't get that awful ring around the kisser look that a regular lipstick will leave. I keep a tube of this in my purse and one in my desk. I have also turned a bunch of friends and family onto it. BEST girl stocking stuffer idea ever!
Jaemie M.
San Diego, CA
Review for: Black Honey
I bought this years ago as my first "lipstick"; at the time, wearing anything other than lip balm or clear lip gloss was too scary. It's lightweight, nearly universally flattering, and comfortable to wear. I don't know that I would purchase it now that I'm a lipstick fiend (opaque and matte please!), but it's definitely a pretty color. Recommended if you don't normally wear lipstick but want to feel a little more polished.
Mindy F.
Horn Lake, MS
Review for: Black Honey
I don't like dark lipsticks, in fact they down right scare me. I was surprised by how pleased I was with this product. It glides on smoothly, and last a long time. It doesn't clump up. I would consider this more of a "lip stain". I guess that's why they named it "Almost Lipstick". It's a wonderful product and I highly recommend it. I own a full size version and also request it as a free drop in from Clinique on every order. A++
Aleka S.
Lewisburg, WV
Review for: Black Honey
This product came in a Sephora deluxe sample bag when I made an online order. I try to avoid products that are tested on animals, and I know Clinique does. However, this product is wonderful. My lips are almost always dry, and this product didn't even make them flake. I wouldn't purchase it on my own, but I am going to enjoy it while I have it.
Kaitlin K.
Shawano, WI
Review for: Black Honey
Do not be afraid to try this because of what it looks like in the tube! It is a sheer burgundy color, but easily buildable if you want it to be darker. It has a very moisturizing feeling, but I do not know if it actually is moisturizing my lips or not. My only complaint is that it does emphasize my cracked lips that I have during the winter months.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Amanda P.
Diamondhead , MS
I've heard so much about the black honey shade of this? Describe the consistency, please!
Nur A.
How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matte finish?