BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Wearable Colour

Skin Types: All

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

How to Use:

Apply directly to lips. Can easily be layered.

Clinique Almost Lipstick
  • "This is my favorite lip stick of all time, I have been using it over a year now its amazing and very rich moisturizing. It does not have any scent to it. " in 104 reviews
  • "I had read in InStyle Mag that this was a universally flattering color. I tried it and I fell in love. Like the other reviewer said, it looked like it would be a dark Goth-like color in the tube, but once it's on it takes your natural lip color and intensifies it. " in 64 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 21 reviews
Robin J.
Laurinburg, NC
Review for: Black Honey more...
This is a classic. I have seen where people try to post dupes for this color and formula, but none can make the cut. The sheer feel of this lip color, and the richness of the stain are madness. When most people see it for the first time, they reaction is "oh, it's too dark.". It's incredibly sheer, but lays down color like nobodies business. It's a no mirror needed lipstick. i would recommend this as a color for almost any skin tone. A definite , solid buy.
Courtney A.
Review for: Black Honey more...
While I like the shade Black Honey from the Clinique Almost Lipstick line, I find that this color can enhance my ruddy complexion if worn without foundation or, at the very least, concealer. This is not a deal-breaker for me, as I generally wear concealer, however it does mean that this is not a throw-on-and-go product for me.
Bint A.
Review for: Pink Honey more...
I got this as a deluxe sample with a Sephora order. I would like it if it was more pigmented and opaque. It's really sheer and needs to be applied in multiple layers to show up. It's still really moisturizing and I use it like a lip balm. I won't be repurchasing but I do recommend it if you want something light and moisturizing.
Dolores A.
Alameda, CA
Review for: Lovely more...
Don't ask me what kind of crazy voodoo magic this product is working under, because I have yet to figure out how it's so subtly amazing! This provides the most beautiful berry tinted "my lips but better" sultry look which is flattering on everyone's lips. It also feels lovely and is nice and moisturizing. While gimmicky, I totally love how this is so vampy in the tube. This is a major cult beauty product staple and for a good reason - it totally rocks!
Sarah K.
Washington, DC
Review for: Black Honey more...
I am obsessed with this lipstick! I'm not someone that usually gets into lip products, but this is awesome. It's a beautiful shade that matches my cool pale skin tone. It is also easy to apply and doesn't get messy. It doesn't have the staying power of long lasting lipstick but you can whip it out and reapply without a mirror.
Rebecca W.
Ann Arbor , MI
I recently purchased the Black Honey almost lipstick from Clinique, and I can't believe more people don't sing its praises! The color it produces is so nice (whereas the j'ne se quois or lipstick queen lipsticks turn my lips more pink, this goes a little darker red). I really like it! Plus the packaging is so sleek! Definitely recommend.
Emily C.
Oklahoma city, OK
I tried this in the color Black Honey. I really liked the sheerness, and the moisture it gave my lips. It was easy to wear and easy to apply. I like the slimness of the product too. I did have to apply it several times throughout the day, but I don't mind at all. The packaging is all metal and it feels really nice in my hands.
Tyreen S.
Sandy Springs, GA
Review for: Black Honey more...
This product is true to it's name. It's like a hybrid between a lip balm, a lip gloss, and a lip stain. There is some pigmentation so I would not recommend wearing this while bare-faced. While it seems like it's going to be super dark, on my deep golden complexion I found this product to be like a nice tint of color. My skin tone really brings out the berry red of the color. I love to wear this when I want to wear more than just lip balm
Lovely Kate N.
Los Angeles, CA
Review for: Black Honey more...
This product is great. The color looks kinda scary at first, but once you put it on, it's perfect. It's sheer(duh) and gives just the perfect amount of color to your lips. It's great to put on, on those days where you want a more natural look but don't want to look dead. If you want it to be a bit more intense, just build it up. it's also not drying and glides on very smoothly.
Mali C.
This has to be my favorite lipstick. the color is fantastic and no too bold. it has just enough color. It also goes on very nicely and stays for a while. I've only tried the black honey so far but i plan on purchasing some other colors because they're amazing. Also the tube its in is really nice and appealing to the eye!
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.