Add a Photo

By CLINIQUE
#142 in Lipstick

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

Photos (27)
Mariah M.
Mariah M.

I was not a fan of this product! As the name hints, it is most definitely NOT lipstick. So, don't buy thinking, "Oh wow, what a gorgeous color!" It will be a very sheer form of that color. Very close to a balm formula, definitely not sticky like a gloss. It isn't sticky or anything like that. However, Black Honey looks gorgeous in tube, but when I put it on the lips it looks like I ate a cherry popsicle (I have fair skin and not very much color to my natural lips unfortunately). For $17, I would say stay clear and buy some Baby Lips from the drugstore. Disclaimer: Maybe I am judging a bit too harshly because I am a huge lipstick fanatic.
Juliana O.
Juliana O.

I didn't like this product at all. I guess it's trying to be more like a balm than a lipstick? But it just wasn't moisturizing like a balm, or colored enough to be a lipstick. I was really disappointed with this.
Brooke H.
Brooke H.
Lindenhurst, NY

Love the shade and the texture of this lipstick. It's flattering on many skin tones, but I particularly like it on olive or darker shades. It is sheer, but bold at the same time!
Emily N.
Emily N.
Arlington, VA

I just tried Clinique's Almost Lipstick in Black Honey and I am in love. I have fair skin so overpowering colors tend to overwhelm me. This is a the perfect shade - soft and natural but still bold. I also feel like my lips look healthier and fuller when I wear it. I'd give it 5 stars but it does tend to wear off quickly.
Natalie T.
Natalie T.

Perfect for those who like a lip tint but not over powering lipstick! Great moisturizer as well! Black honey is perfect for darker complexions..... Like mine.
Crystal A.
Crystal A.
St George, UT

I love this stuff. It is almost like chapstick, goes on butter smooth and it give just a tiny hint of color. You don't even need to use a mirror.
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Susanville, CA

Really love the shade black honey on light makeup days where I want my lips to have a nice flush. I do find this can be drying so I have to wear a good balm under! Love that it's not crazy pigmented and feels like a balm on the lips. I totally understand why this is a cult classic!
Andrea D.
Andrea D.

This lipstick looks a little scary in the tube, but it goes on amazingly sheer and can be built up to a darker color. It is pretty much universally flattering. The only drawback is that I don't find it very long lasting. I have the duo gloss/lipstick from Sephora and the cap comes off my purse all the time, which is annoying.
kelly m.
kelly m.
Alsip, IL

I bought this with high hopes but it just didn't work for me. The texture of it is nice but the color just didn't look right. I feel like it aged me :(
Kylee V.
Kylee V.
Kaukauna, WI

Super moisturizing, and looks great on all skin colors. It looks dark but goes on a lot lighter! Very natural red tone.
Michelle C.
Michelle C.

I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Katelin T.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA

Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Shelbey J.
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK

Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Sophia S.
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX

Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Diamondhead, MS

I've heard so much about the black honey shade of this? Describe the consistency, please!