BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Wearable Colour

Skin Types: All

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

How to Use:

Apply directly to lips. Can easily be layered.

Clinique Almost Lipstick
  • "This is my favorite lip stick of all time, I have been using it over a year now its amazing and very rich moisturizing. It does not have any scent to it. " in 104 reviews
  • "I had read in InStyle Mag that this was a universally flattering color. I tried it and I fell in love. Like the other reviewer said, it looked like it would be a dark Goth-like color in the tube, but once it's on it takes your natural lip color and intensifies it. " in 64 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 22 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 21 reviews
Ashley H.
Big Stone Gap, VA
Review for: Black Honey more...
I was ordering from Clinique awhile back and needed a certain $ amount to get their GWP. I settled on this lipstick because of it's great reviews. I was certainly skeptic/nervous bc of the way the color looks on the screen and in the tube. But, man, was I surprised! It ended up being a nicely moisturizing berry shade on me. It was love at first swipe! I'm kind of in a tizzy right now bc it seems I have misplaced my tube... I'm not sure if I've left it in a jacket or an old purse I switched out. If I don't run across it soon, I'll have to purchase another tube!
Sarah P.
Bridgeport , NY
Review for: Chic more...
This is a nice, moisturizing, glossy, barely there perfection in a tube! I initially went to get a new chubby stick and the color I wanted was discontinued so I was looking at other products and found this. I'm really happy with it. It's perfect for daily wear anywhere, even just to the grocery store. I highly recommend this and they have other colors to choose from. It's a lighter pigment and not a true lipstick.
Evie T.
Review for: Black Honey more...
I received a sample size version of this lip color in a sample bag from Sephora for their Cyber Monday sale, and initially I was disappointed. The color looked so dark, I thought for sure I would hate it. But I was really surprised at how much I like it. The color is sheer, yet completely buildable and goes surprisingly well with my fair skin tone. It applies like a chap stick and is wonderfully moisturizing.The sample size is actually quite a lot of product, and I plan on buying a full size when I run out! Such a classic color you cannot go wrong!
Marissa D.
Victor, NY
Ohhhh the nostalgia!!!! Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is one of my all-time favorite lippies I adore this product!!! It was my first "grown up" makeup product and I felt so sophisticated in this shade. Such a beautiful classic shade and in this sheer formula it is just perfection. I don't know if they even still make this but I can't find mine so I would love to repurchase time to do some research!
Grayson C.
Albany, GA
Review for: Black Honey more...
I thought they were kidding when they said it looks good on everyone. They were not. This color literally looks good on every single person who wears it, and will look unique on each person. It's a little freaky when you first look at the color, but it is as sheer as Chapstick and hydrates like Blistex. The color is flawless and is build-able for your perfect color. You'll never doubt your make up choices ever again after purchasing this perfect lip color.
Brein G.
Oakland, CA
This is one of the greatest lipsticks that I own. The color looks fabulous on everyone. I bought both of my older sisters and mother one tube of Clinique's Almost Lipstick Black Honey and all three love the lipstick as much as I do. The formula is very light so it does not feel heavy on the lips. It is not drying at all and the color is so buildable. Honestly it looks great on everyone.
Emily G.
Plainsboro, NJ
Review for: Black Honey more...
I ordered this one from Sephora because I heard that it looks great with most skin tones. The formula itself is super moisturizing and smooth, which is especially great for the fall and winter season when most people experience drier lips. The color is a dark red tint that you can build up to be bolder! One-two coats looks like a tinted lip balm. For $16, it's well worth the price!!
Leslie N.
Los Angeles, CA
I have this lipstick in pink honey that I got as a deluxe sample from Sephora. It feels lovely on the lips. Not sticky, hydrating and slight slip to it. Overall really balmy feeling and comfortable. It gives a nice sheer colour that is great for this no makeup days. I would love to try the other shade sometime. The price is not bad as well. I would recommend.
Cassandra G.
This. Black Honey. How had I never heard of this?! The color looks so intimidating in the tube, but it's so flattering on. And I don't like dark colors. I alternate between warm reds and nudes. But this? This I love. I can't recommend it enough. I can't believe I never wore this, in the 90's. Seriously.
Joelle K.
CHICO, CA
Review for: Black Honey more...
This is my go to lip color. I love it. I love how it is a sheer color that just makes my lips pop a little. it's a little pricey, but a little goes a long way. it also looks great on my sister and mother, and we all have different skin undertones and shades. I cannot recommend it highly enough. this is the only lip a color that I've ever used through and then repurchased.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.