Add a Photo

By CLINIQUE
#45 in Lipstick

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

Photos (26)
Shannon S.
Shannon S.
Canterbury, CT

I bought Clinique Almost Lipstick in shade Black Honey after repeatedly seeing it being called a "cult classic" on numerous beauty and magazine sites. I absolutely love it and will forever be a user!!! It goes on smoothly with buildable color, keeps lips feeling super soft and fades in a beautiful natural way! It isn't long lasting which for me is the only slight downside, but as I said, the fact that it fades naturally makes that completely unimportant to me.
Lia F.
Lia F.

Holy moly! Black Honey is my new staple lip product! Don't be fooled by the slightly sheer first coat - this bad boy is buildable, giving a naturally beautiful full lip. Not quite a lipstick, not quite a gloss, but somewhere in between. Imagine your favorite chapstick and favorite lipstick got together and had a baby! It's a little pricey, but worth the cash given how great your pout looks. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a natural looking lip product.
Dolores A.
Dolores A.
Alameda, CA

Don't ask me what kind of crazy voodoo magic this product is working under, because I have yet to figure out how it's so subtly amazing! This provides the most beautiful berry tinted "my lips but better" sultry look which is flattering on everyone's lips. It also feels lovely and is nice and moisturizing. While gimmicky, I totally love how this is so vampy in the tube. This is a major cult beauty product staple and for a good reason - it totally rocks!
Mary S.
Mary S.

When I find something I absolutely love, I stick with it. Clinique's Almost Lipstick is at the stop of my must-have-stick-with-it list. It's light weight and versatile. Once I put it on, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing lipstick (extra love). Plus, you have a bit of play with the color. It can be a bit sheer with only one swipe across the lips or you can make it darker by applying more. Doesn't bleed or smear easily and lasts for several hours.
Alex X.
Alex X.

I love this lipstick because it's not truly a lipstick. When applied it has this sheer somewhat moist quality, like Chapstick. As other reviewers have mentioned, this product looks good on everyone because it's more of a lip tint. What I've found is that you can go easily from day to night with this product, applying a light coat for office appropriate level amount of make up and then layering more on for a more dramatic look when going out.
Tyreen S.
Tyreen S.
Saratoga Spgs, NY

This product is true to it's name. It's like a hybrid between a lip balm, a lip gloss, and a lip stain. There is some pigmentation so I would not recommend wearing this while bare-faced. While it seems like it's going to be super dark, on my deep golden complexion I found this product to be like a nice tint of color. My skin tone really brings out the berry red of the color. I love to wear this when I want to wear more than just lip balm
Sarah P.
Sarah P.
Bridgeport, NY

This is a nice, moisturizing, glossy, barely there perfection in a tube! I initially went to get a new chubby stick and the color I wanted was discontinued so I was looking at other products and found this. I'm really happy with it. It's perfect for daily wear anywhere, even just to the grocery store. I highly recommend this and they have other colors to choose from. It's a lighter pigment and not a true lipstick.
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY

Ohhhh the nostalgia!!!! Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is one of my all-time favorite lippies I adore this product!!! It was my first "grown up" makeup product and I felt so sophisticated in this shade. Such a beautiful classic shade and in this sheer formula it is just perfection. I don't know if they even still make this but I can't find mine so I would love to repurchase time to do some research!
Julia N.
Julia N.

I purchased a Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Cherry. I liked the dark color, but was slightly disappointed when it was much sheerer upon application. I needed to use quite a bit of it to get the color I wanted. However, it was quite moisturizing without being sticky or to slick. If you want sheerer/lighter coverage and something moisturizing, this is for you! However, I was looking for a bolder color.
ismary n.
ismary n.

Prepare your lips
before using a red lipstick. It is important to exfoliate and hydrate before
applying the lipstick. These two steps will make the color last longer and stay
smoother on the lips.
Use a lip liner in the same shade (or a very similar) to your lip. This allows
you to set the limits of your lip, while helping the color stay longer.
With this product you can achieve those perfect lips

Michelle C.
Michelle C.

I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK

Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Sophia S.
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX

Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.
Barbara M.
Barbara M.
Torrance, CA

Does the color stay on long? I know it is pretty sheet so I'm concerned about having to reapply constantly.
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Diamondhead, MS

I've heard so much about the black honey shade of this? Describe the consistency, please!

Join Now