BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Wearable Colour

Skin Types: All

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

How to Use:

Apply directly to lips. Can easily be layered.

Jennifer T.
This a huge cult favorite that I always have to have in my makeup collection. It's not anything special as far as the color, but there just something about it that makes me always want to have one on hand-maybe it's nostalgic. The color itself is nice and very universal but not hugely opaque and not really build able. The texture is very much a wax consistency but I wouldn't use it in place of a balm as it's really not hydrating-great over a good balm though to hold the moisture in and protect lips from the wind! I really love this to add just a hint of color on no makeup days.
Emily L.
Ann Arbor, MI
Review for: Black Honey more...
This is hands down my favorite lip product. Black honey may seem like an intimidating color but the product is sheer and build-able, which means your first layer gives a nice wash of color and adding layers gives deeper and deeper shades. I have olive skin and am more on the darker side (black hair, brown eyes, etc.) but just a light layer of this looks perfectly natural and evens out my lip color. I love it!

If you don't want to to dish out $17 for a lipstick/stain, the Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in Red Dahlia ($5-7) is an excellent dupe! However, the reason I prefer this Almost Lipstick over the lip balm is that lip balms tend to dry out my lips so by mid-day, my lips are peeling and I have to keep reapplying the lip balm. This Clinique product is still moisturizing but doesn't have the same effect. I do have to reapply it once more near the end of the day but, in my opinion, that beats having flaky skin on my lips by a long shot.
Debby P.
Gainesville
Could use a bit more color but, good if your afraid of bold colors. It feels nice going on. I feel it should stay on longer. I felt as if I was constantly reapplying
Sam P.
Milwaukee, WI
It's no secret-- Black Honey is the cult classic to end cult classics. There's nothing quite like it, really, and it's just dramatic enough without any difficulty in application even in the slightest. When I don't want to fuss around I'll just put one swipe on and get out the door or I can build it up to be literally the only vampy lipstick I can wear.

The Sephora exclusive Pink Honey is very lovely for no makeup days and a glossy finish without using a gloss. This has to be the most low maintenance color ever.
Shannon S.
Canterbury, CT
I bought Clinique Almost Lipstick in shade Black Honey after repeatedly seeing it being called a "cult classic" on numerous beauty and magazine sites. I absolutely love it and will forever be a user!!! It goes on smoothly with buildable color, keeps lips feeling super soft and fades in a beautiful natural way! It isn't long lasting which for me is the only slight downside, but as I said, the fact that it fades naturally makes that completely unimportant to me.
ivette m.
miami, florida
para mí se siente como una mezcla entre una mancha de labios y un bálsamo para los labios que le da la cantidad perfecta de color muy buena pigmentacion y lindos colores
Hayley W.
Belchertown, MA
Clinique is a funny brand to me. I always think it's an overly 'gift-y' brand - the kind of thing you buy teenagers for christmas, and yet...they do come out occasionally with awesome products. Like their almost lipstick in black honey. It's purported to be a hydrating, balmy, sheer colour that reacts to your own lip colour to make a unique, universally flattering shade. If you apply one coat it is this lovely sheer berry, and more coats turns it into this really vampy colour on me.
Grace B.
Review for: Black Honey more...
Received this for Christmas and I love it already! The packaging and overall look is simple but classic. The texture and feel of the lipstick on your lips is smooth and moisturizing. And the color is absolutely stunning! With one coat of the lipstick your lips are given a subtle reddish purple color but as you apply more and more coats the color just pops! It has an almost translucent red color to it with purple undertones and wow is it different and lovely all at the same time
Ari R.
I purchased this is Pink Honey. I'm always on the lookout for a nude pink lip and this one fit the bill. It is probably the perfect shade and opacity for me (I prefer sheer). My only quip is that I don't like the ultra skinny tube. I guess it has pros and cons, but I prefer a shorter, chubbier, normal-size lippy vs a long, skinny one. That's it tho. The only con for me. It is a beauty and if it wasn't $17 -- I'd buy multiple back ups -- but I have dupes that will suffice for now.
Alyssa K.
Saint Charles, MO
Review for: Black Honey more...
This color looks so daunting in the tube, but it is very misleading. It is a very sheer product, that honestly looks great on everybody. I am very pale (palest foundation shade in every brand), blonde, blue eyes and I love the way this looks on me. I got this free in a gift bag when I purchased my moisturizer, and when the sample runs out, I will definitely purchase the full size. It feels similar to a Revlon Lip Butter on the lips... very balmy and moisturizing
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.