BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Wearable Colour

Skin Types: All

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

How to Use:

Apply directly to lips. Can easily be layered.

Clinique Almost Lipstick
  • "This is my favorite lip stick of all time, I have been using it over a year now its amazing and very rich moisturizing. It does not have any scent to it. " in 104 reviews
  • "I had read in InStyle Mag that this was a universally flattering color. I tried it and I fell in love. Like the other reviewer said, it looked like it would be a dark Goth-like color in the tube, but once it's on it takes your natural lip color and intensifies it. " in 64 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 21 reviews
Helene B.
Review for: Lovely more...
I received this product in a Sephora Play box and was disappointed at first because I love bold, opaque lipsticks. But when I started using this, I was pleasantly surprised! I love that I can use this lipstick for some sheer color when I'm not wearing makeup, but I can also build up the color for when I'm wearing a full face of makeup. It has become a product I keep in my purse at all times.
Nancy W.
Somerset, KY
I really like this product! It isn't a full on color, hunce the name "almost lipstick"! It's more like a sheer wash of color on the lips that is moisturizing! It's great to put in your purse & use on the go! I would definitely get another shade! I really enjoy using it & having it on hand!
Emily S.
Gainesville, FL
Black Honey is a cult favorite! I remember trying this on as a child playing with my grandmother's makeup! The formula is non-drying. I would say this is like a tinted lip balm and the color is buildable. I always have one on hand when I want a hint of color on my lips.
Jessica R.
Sherman Oaks, CA
Review for: Tender more...
This is a really natural moisturizing lip color. It's great for when your lips are dry or when you what a more natural look. It's so comfortable and light I often forget I have it on and I don't feel like I need to take it off before I eat or drink the way I do with other lipsticks. It's a bit pricey but all Clinique makeup is. I recommend this for a natural look or for those with dry lips.
Awilda M.
bear, DE
I love the sheer and moisturizing formula of Clinique's Almost Lipstick. My go to shade is the classic Black Honey, I've loved this shade for many years, and it compliments so many skin tones. It gives an enhanced natural look, and you can apply more for a darker color.
Hilda T.
I received a sample of Black Honey in my Sephora play box and at first I didn't think I'd care for it. But this is actually a great product! When you don't want to put something on your lips that is too drying for too sticky or too much color, this is the lippie for you. I used it till it finished and purchased it asap as I felt that there was nothing out there like this!!
Jill K.
I got this in my sephora play box in the shade black honey. I absolutely love it. The color is flattering and subtle. It doesn't have great staying power, but it wears gracefully and can be reapplied without a mirror. I will be buying the full size when my sample runs out.
Jessica S.
Review for: Other more...
The only thing I somewhat liked about this product was how it made my lips feel. They did feel hydrated for a little while. I had the shade black honey and it was not very pigmented at all (pic is 6 swipes). The smell also gave me a headache. It is very waxy smelling. I would not recommend.
Melody R.
Brooklyn, NY
Review for: Shy, Chic more...
This is a decent tinted balm. I have both colors but I don't use them often. The pink might as well be clear on me, doesn't show on my average red lips. The black does show, it's nice, kind of a warm hue that I prefer more for fall. The formulas ok, light but not super hydrating. I love balms and have many, tinted and not tinted, so that's why I don't reach for these really a lot.
Sierra M.
Ashland, WI
The black honey shade of this is definitely a cult favorite! It goes on with just a simple wash of color over my lips and it is super moisturizing. Because the color is so sheer, you don't need a mirror to apply it. I am definitely buying this again when I run out of my current tube.
Kitten G.
Chattanooga, TN
This is one of my absolute favorite lip products, but they don't make it any of the other shades anymore. Does anyone know which Clinique product is closest to the Almost Lipstick?
Maria U.