BY CLINIQUE

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

• Is there another lip product in the black honey shade that you wo...2 Answers
  • Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel? 5 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or ma...3 Answers
april n.
Forest lake , MN
Review for: Other more...
Honestly, I am very neutral about this product. It is nothing like I expected it to be, which is kind of a good and a bad thing. It has a lip balm type of feel when applying and it’s smooth and easy to apply. However, the color is so transparent that if you wanted to see any color payoff at all, you would have to put several layers on.

I understand the point behind his is to be transparent - I guess I just don’t understand why you would want something that is so transparent with little to no color payoff. To each their own, but this definitely is not for me.

The shades are very pretty and not what I expected (again). I expected more of a neutral shade range when I heard how transparent this was. But I was wrong.

The one thing I will give it though - is that I like how comfortable it was on the lips. It wasn’t heavy or drying which is very nice.
Myra H.
Review for: Other more...
I had a sample of this from a beauty subscription. It's ok as a tinted balm -- moisturizing, lightly tinted, a little sheen without being too glossy. I've been using it on top of matte liquid lips when I want them to look a little less flat, and it helps make them feel a little more hydrated. I don't like it as much alone because I don't get enough of a tint on my lips -- if I wanted a balm, I'd buy one at a cheaper price than what this costs.
Kayla K.
Eden Prairie, MN
I love the cult favorite black honey. I’ve used this color of and on for 25 years. Recently I have rediscovered this product. It is extremely hydrating, almost like lip balm with a sheer hint of color. You can increase the vibrancy by adding more layers but it’s not the same as lipstick. I love to use this in between meetings for quick moisture & color without having to look in the mirror like lipstick! Ha!
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Review for: Other more...
They seriously should have called this a gloss or tinted balm. It’s smooth, creamy, and glossy, but has next to no color at all. I might try the Smashbox Insta-Matte over it and see if that does something, but the Insta-Matte isn’t for use over glosses and the like, so I don’t know if it will do anything. This might end up in my ProjectBeautyShare.org box. I haven’t decided yet.
Lori L.
Review for: Other more...
I received this product in one of my beauty boxes and it is my go to when I want just a little color on my lips. My packaging is a bit different, but the color is beautiful. I received Black Honey and with a name like that you think it is going to get a dark payoff. Not at all. This color is stunning. It gives your lips that just kissed look. The formula is beautiful. Glides on effortlessly and it's wear time is not bad. It lasts a couple hours, but then leaves kind of a stain on your lips so you still have color. At least it does for me and maybe that's because my lips are so dry. I find it to be hydrating and just one of the best lipsticks I've ever tried. Clinique Almost Lipstick
HaleyAnn B.
Livingston, TN
Review for: Other more...
I have the shade black honey and I really enjoy it. It feels very comfortable on the lips, it looks and feels like a tinted chapstick. It is nice for a day when you don’t want a heavy or drying lipstick. The color isn’t very pigmented, but it is a nice tint. It performs just as it is advertised to do and I very much enjoy this product.
Natalie B.
Cleves, OH
Seriously my favorite lip product of all time! I first used this at a wedding! I borrowed it from my boyfriends mom & couldn't stop looking in the mirror! I have light skin & have a hard time with regular lip sticks! This is a mix between a gloss and a lip stick! Super buildable & doesn't dry your lips out! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Elizabeth P.
Rogers, AR
Review for: Other more...
I don’t wear much makeup and definitely never put anything on my lips besides chapstick! But i received this lipstick in the past year and it feels great! It doesn’t smell bad and i don’t even notice it’s there after applying it (besides the color!) I highly recommend it to makeup lovers and non makeup lovers alike!
Jennifer A.
Boise, ID
What a nice feeling, putting this on your lips!! It has a almost lip balm style barrier on your lips after applying, which I love. Leaving your pout moisturized and a beautiful stain type color. Easy to use without a mirror. Great for everyday wear.
Micha H.
Bristol, VA
I think everone and their mother has had Black Honey in their rotation at least once. If you haven't where were ya? Everything about this is great. I havent had a tube of Black Honey in years, but I feel like I need one really soon.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.