7 colors available

BY CLINIQUE

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

• Is there another lip product in the black honey shade that you woul...2 Answers
  • Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel? 5 Answers
  • How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matt...3 Answers
Christine N.
Christine N.
I just received this product after having not used it since college. It was all the rage back then as college girls like Clinique and Liv Tyler used the shade in Black Honey for LOTR which just added to this product's cult appeal. I recall buying two tubes in college.

Now over 15 years later, I have to say the product has not changed at all. I remember the texture and taste and it is exactly the same. In college, for me at that time, I considered it a sheer lipstick. But now that I am an older and have accumulated a lot of lipstick experience under my belt, this is like a glossy tinted lip balm for me. The texture reminds me the most of Revlon lip butters but with much less pigment. I would really put this in the tinted lip balm category though the gloss/shine is much more than other tinted lip balms out there right now. The color is like a very sheer red/brown/plum depending on your lip tone that can be built up. The net result is a natural looking flush with shine.
Jayke S.
Jayke S.
Nampa, ID
AHHHHH I just got this in my Sephora Play Box this month in the shade Black Honey. The name is not accurate, because it is neither black nor tastes like honey, but lies aside, it's great. I am screaming. It is the perfect "every day" color that I've been searching for. It's glides on smoother than the most spreadable butter and looks natural, but has a darker tint that is very flattering. Similar colors I've tried either feel too pink, too purple, too subtle or too unnatural... but this is IT. I'm kind of newer to the lip world and feel pretty clowny in actual lipstick. This translucent, light shade is noticeable but doesn't look overdone. Call the cops, this stuff's so good it should be illegal.
Brianna H.
Brianna H.
Hillsborough, NC
I got this in a Sephora Play box and I really like it. I have fair skin and I think this gives a nice wash of color. I received the color Black Honey which looks intimidating but its really not. Very hydrating. I swipe it on on light make-up days for just a little something. To be honest, I don't think I'd spend $17 on a tinted balm though. I just don't think it does enough or is special enough. I'm sure you could find (or make) a dupe for much cheaper, especially as blotted lipsticks become more popular.
Ari R.
Ari R.
I purchased this is Pink Honey. I'm always on the lookout for a nude pink lip and this one fit the bill. It is probably the perfect shade and opacity for me (I prefer sheer). My only quip is that I don't like the ultra skinny tube. I guess it has pros and cons, but I prefer a shorter, chubbier, normal-size lippy vs a long, skinny one. That's it tho. The only con for me. It is a beauty and if it wasn't $17 -- I'd buy multiple back ups -- but I have dupes that will suffice for now.
Shannon S.
Shannon S.
Canterbury, CT
I bought Clinique Almost Lipstick in shade Black Honey after repeatedly seeing it being called a "cult classic" on numerous beauty and magazine sites. I absolutely love it and will forever be a user!!! It goes on smoothly with buildable color, keeps lips feeling super soft and fades in a beautiful natural way! It isn't long lasting which for me is the only slight downside, but as I said, the fact that it fades naturally makes that completely unimportant to me.
Lia F.
Lia F.
Philadelphia , PA
Holy moly! Black Honey is my new staple lip product! Don't be fooled by the slightly sheer first coat - this bad boy is buildable, giving a naturally beautiful full lip. Not quite a lipstick, not quite a gloss, but somewhere in between. Imagine your favorite chapstick and favorite lipstick got together and had a baby! It's a little pricey, but worth the cash given how great your pout looks. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a natural looking lip product.
Mary S.
Mary S.
When I find something I absolutely love, I stick with it. Clinique's Almost Lipstick is at the stop of my must-have-stick-with-it list. It's light weight and versatile. Once I put it on, it doesn't feel like I'm wearing lipstick (extra love). Plus, you have a bit of play with the color. It can be a bit sheer with only one swipe across the lips or you can make it darker by applying more. Doesn't bleed or smear easily and lasts for several hours.
Marissa D.
Marissa D.
Victor, NY
Ohhhh the nostalgia!!!! Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey is one of my all-time favorite lippies I adore this product!!! It was my first "grown up" makeup product and I felt so sophisticated in this shade. Such a beautiful classic shade and in this sheer formula it is just perfection. I don't know if they even still make this but I can't find mine so I would love to repurchase time to do some research!
Julia N.
Julia N.
I purchased a Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Cherry. I liked the dark color, but was slightly disappointed when it was much sheerer upon application. I needed to use quite a bit of it to get the color I wanted. However, it was quite moisturizing without being sticky or to slick. If you want sheerer/lighter coverage and something moisturizing, this is for you! However, I was looking for a bolder color.
Ralyn E.
Ralyn E.
Pocatello , ID
Not super impressed with this product. I can appreciate the idea but there definitely could have been some improvement before hitting the shelves. The color 'black honey' looks so gorgeous in the package but there is absolutely no color pay off at all, it's basically a really really expensive lip balm. I'm just glad I got this is a $10 sub box and didn't pay full retail price for disappointment.
Katelin T.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Amanda P.
Amanda P.
Diamondhead , MS
I've heard so much about the black honey shade of this? Describe the consistency, please!
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
How pigmented and long wearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matte finish?