BY CLINIQUE

Benefits: Wearable Colour

Skin Types: All

Transparent pigment merges with the unique, natural tone of your lips to create something wonderful and yours alone. Sheer, glossy. Emollient-rich and very lightweight.

How to Use:

Apply directly to lips. Can easily be layered.

Buy on Sephora*
  • "This is my favorite lip stick of all time, I have been using it over a year now its amazing and very rich moisturizing. It does not have any scent to it. " in 104 reviews
  • "I had read in InStyle Mag that this was a universally flattering color. I tried it and I fell in love. Like the other reviewer said, it looked like it would be a dark Goth-like color in the tube, but once it's on it takes your natural lip color and intensifies it. " in 64 reviews
  • "I am NOT a lipstick girl. At all. However, I adore this shade from Clinique! It is lightweight like a gloss but goes on non-sticky like a lipstick. The color appears dark in the tube but goes on the perfect touch of color to enhance any makeup style. Somehow it matches your skin tone perfectly to not be too dark or light, too red or too pink. If you want long lasting lipstick, honestly, I say go back to the 1980s when people even wore it. This is the lipstick for women who don't wear lipstick but sometimes want to complete their makeup look with a touch of color on their lips!" in 21 reviews
Shalene H.
Snoqualmie
Review for: Black Honey more...
This is my FAVORITE lip product. It's perfect for girls like me. I don't really like lipsticks or lip glosses. Lipsticks are too dark and intense, while lip glosses always catch my hair and are sticky. I am all about that natural look. I really wanted the more natural shade in this when I ordered it, but it was out, so I took a risk and got black honey. I was worried because it just looked so dark! But it's become my FAVORITE. It's amazing. You can really modify it and apply it as lightly and darkly as you'd like, and it still looks fairly natural. I love love love it. It's exactly the kind of lip product that I'd ever want. I wish there were more colors because I would buy all of them.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Review for: Other more...
Honestly, I am very neutral about this product. It is nothing like I expected it to be, which is kind of a good and a bad thing. It has a lip balm type of feel when applying and it’s smooth and easy to apply. However, the color is so transparent that if you wanted to see any color payoff at all, you would have to put several layers on.

I understand the point behind his is to be transparent - I guess I just don’t understand why you would want something that is so transparent with little to no color payoff. To each their own, but this definitely is not for me.

The shades are very pretty and not what I expected (again). I expected more of a neutral shade range when I heard how transparent this was. But I was wrong.

The one thing I will give it though - is that I like how comfortable it was on the lips. It wasn’t heavy or drying which is very nice.
Tara H.
Review for: Black Honey more...
I received a small tube of Black Honey as a GWP. I am in love with this product. On me this pulls a soft burgundy/red wine color. I can’t explain it but it just looks amazing. I use this when I’m in a rush and don’t have time to fuss with lipstick. It’s very moisturizing and doesn’t dry my lips out at all. I will definitely be repurchasing this when I run out!
Kylie A.
Phoenix
Clinique almost lipstick in the shade Black Honey has been one of my all time favorite lipsticks for 8+ years. The formula is creamy and makes my lips feel moisturized. The color is also a gorgeous berry tone, but it is still fairly sheer so it’s almost more like a tint. I will repurchase forever and if they ever stop making it I may cry.
Elisa A.
Homeland, GA
Ok This is my all time favorite lip color. The color is Black Honey and is great with almost every skin tone. Don't be scared of how dark it looks because it will not come out that dark unless you pit several coats on. Even then it will not be that dark. It glides on softly and keeps my lips moisturized with the perfect amount of color.
HaleyAnn B.
Livingston, TN
Review for: Other more...
I have the shade black honey and I really enjoy it. It feels very comfortable on the lips, it looks and feels like a tinted chapstick. It is nice for a day when you don’t want a heavy or drying lipstick. The color isn’t very pigmented, but it is a nice tint. It performs just as it is advertised to do and I very much enjoy this product.
Amanda L.
Manchester , NH
Review for: Other more...
I just tried this a few days ago and I bought more the next day. It’s tinted and has a good amount of pigment that’s not overbearing. Leaves a nice sheen on the lips and doesn’t feel dry AT ALL which is a problem I find with most of my lip products. When it wears it turns into a light stain and continues to look good.
Lindsay S.
Review for: Black Honey more...
I got this as a sample in my 7 piece goody bag for sending $28 dollars on the brand and I am so happy with this the color looks black in the tube but goes on your lips leaving you with a beautiful reddish brown tint it has a beautiful glossy finish and is hydrating on the lips it is very flattering highly recommend
Kayla K.
Eden Prairie, MN
I love the cult favorite black honey. I’ve used this color of and on for 25 years. Recently I have rediscovered this product. It is extremely hydrating, almost like lip balm with a sheer hint of color. You can increase the vibrancy by adding more layers but it’s not the same as lipstick. I love to use this in between meetings for quick moisture & color without having to look in the mirror like lipstick! Ha!
Halia S.
Clyattville
Review for: Black Honey more...
I love this lipstick! This is my mom’s favorite lipstick that she wears almost every day, and I got myself one and love it! It turns out different on everyone! Don’t worry, it isn’t actually black, it turns out to be a purple ish color. It glides on beautifully and is a build able lipstick.
Katelin T.
Martinez, GA
Are these drying or do they have a lip balm kind of feel?
Michelle C.
I have been looking for new brands of lipsticks to try out. Do your lipsticks stay all day and are they matte?
Shelbey J.
Edmond, OK
Is the color actually more nude or "natural" than the color of the stick itself let on to be?
Dorangela G.
Whats the most useful color, in your opinion?
Sophia S.
Rockwall, TX
Is the lipstick pigmented????? Because it happens to me all the time that I buy a lipstick/lip gloss product and it just isn't pigmented enough.