BY CLINIQUE #5 in Eye Creams & Treatments

A lightweight eye cream that diminishes the appearance of eye puffiness, darkness, and fine lines. This cream-gel formulation brightens dark circles and sends puffs packing while actually helping to hold eye makeup in place. For use morning and night, both under eyes and on lids. This product is ophthalmologist tested and suitable for all skin types.

• Is this worth the hype?1 Answers
  • Estoy usando este producto.. aunque me habían dicho que es muy buen...1 Answers
  • Is there a better Clinique eye cream that helps with dark circles w...1 Answers
Reviews (2000)
  • "can we just stop and appreciate this product for a quick second, I have been using this cream for awhile now and let me just saynmy dark circles have nearly disappeared and I will recommend this to anyone who feels like their eyes are a problem." in 7 reviews
Katherine F.
Katherine F.
Cary, NC
I have to start by saying that I think eye creams are mostly a scam. I recommend just using a gentle moisturizer under your eyes. My favorite- especially under makeup- is Clinique Moisture Surge.

However, I do use eye cream when I get free samples or they come in a kit with other things I want. The latter is the case here. Around Christmas 2015 I got the Clinique Holiday Helpers kit from Sephora. The 0.21 oz jar of eye cream lasted me for five months. I used it once a day under my makeup.

This is a great product to use under makeup, especially if you are using silicone based primers, concealer, and/or foundation. Silicone is a principle ingredient in this product, so it doesn't "fight" the silicone based makeup and make the texture weird. Silicone is also useful for helping to fill in fine lines to prevent creasing concealer.

Other than that it hydrated well and did what I expect for a moisturizer. It did not decrease dark circles, puffiness, or fine lines- but I didn't expect it to. Because of my general opinion about eye creams, I can't say I recommend purchasing it, but it's good for what it is.
Andi M.
Andi M.
Rogers, AR
This is an absolute MUST-HAVE for me.
I never thought I would be able to wear eyeliner on my bottom eyelids for the coveted smokey eye look. My eyes are naturally very round and prone to dark circles. Any bottom liner made me feel like I looked like a cartoon character.
This product totally changed the game for me.
It erases dark circles and firms the skin around the eyes up very nicely. Bottom liner pops and looks sexy rather than messy, now! The cream is very smooth and a little goes a LONG way. I only buy maybe two jars a year and use this daily. 10/10 would recommend.
Lisa T.
Lisa T.
This cream left my eyes with milk spots surrounding them. I used it for five days when milk spots started to appear on my under eye area and also on my eyelids.
This was definitely the cause of the spots. When I ceased using it the spots took several weeks to start to reduce in size and a couple of months for some of them to disappear. Unfortunately I have been permanently left with a bumpy uneven texture where some spots haven't completely disappeared.
I have heard really good things about this cream but unfortunately it wasn't for me.
Kelly S.
Kelly S.
Swansea, IL
This eye cream feels like a smooth, soft gel applying. Used daily I notice a significant reduction in my under eye dryness and dark circles. Very effective! I use in conjunction with an anti-wrinkle serum because this product does not contain any such ingredients. I notice when I do not have this in my routine. It also helps to prime my under eyes when I wear makeup. I have very sensitive eye areas and this product makes them feel like brand new! Have repurchased many times!
Alena J.
Alena J.
This stuff helps my eyes look brighter and less puffy, and makes the skin super smooth and firm. It is lightweight and absorbs quickly. My eyes do look noticeably better when I use this consistently and stay very hydrated! Unfortunately it is not able to completely rid me of my dark circles, only brighten them a bit. Still the best eye cream I've tried so far. I like it much better than Clinique's Pep Start eye cream. And, for an eye cream, 1oz of product will last forever!
Xin Z.
Xin Z.
Mason, OH
Can't say I like this at all. Maybe it's just me, but when I used this product I developed milia under my eyes. I think it might be too hydrating for me, even though the texture is relatively light. I'm still using this right now because it was so expensive, but I have changed from using it nightly, to using it about once every two to three nights. Spacing out the application has helped with the milia, but the product itself has not helped with my dark circles at all.
Alleigh H.
Alleigh H.
Oklahoma City, OK
I have to say that this isn't a bad eye cream. It goes on smooth and leaves a soft creamy powder finish (if that makes sense). It's not sticky or gooey at all. If you are looking for a good eye moisturizer then I would definitely recommend this cream. My skin under my eyes in the morning is soft and smooth and not dry and creased like other eye creams out there (retin eye creams and what not) Safe for sensitive skin too.
Amber M.
Amber M.
Wilton, IA
This is a really great eye product and is very moisturizing. It really helped minimize the darkness of my under eye circles and just gave my eyes are more radiant look overall. I will say you do need to give this product at least a few weeks to really start working its magic. It's a little on the pricier side of eye creams since it's a department store product, but a great value for the price nonetheless!
heather c.
heather c.
Keithville, LA
I love this stuff. I hadn't used it in a while but had a small sample so I took it with me on vacation. I could tell a big difference. My fine lines had faded. It really sinks in and moisturizes. It is a good eye makeup primer too. It's worth the price. I am always looking for the next best thing but when you find something that works, stick with it. Using this again over vacation reminded me of that.
Sarah W.
Sarah W.
I love that I have never had to buy this stuff because I could not afford to buy it full price, but it is good stuff. I always get it in the free gifts they have which is when I buy my skin care products. This helps with the puffiness under my eyes and with my really bad dark circles. I advise waiting for the free gifts and buy something else because the sample size you get will last you forever.
Prachi B.
Prachi B.
Do you use it only at night or under the makeup too?
Rachel P.
Rachel P.
Plantation, FL
How many of you have seen long term results from this product in terms of dark circles? And how long did you have to use this product to attain those results?
Megan H.
Megan H.
Does this really help get rid of dark circles and puffy under eyes?
Alletse A.
Alletse A.
Wellness Guru Expert
Has anyone seen any changes after using this?
Nida A.
Nida A.
I have been looking for something for dark circles and puffy eyes. Does this help with dark circles? I am not concerned about the freak look and al that.