BY CLINIQUE #81 in Liquid Foundation

Benefits: Treats Acne, Controls Oil

Skin Types: 2, 3, 4

Feels so fresh, looks so natural. Non-irritating, oil-free makeup helps blend away blemishes, neutralize redness. Medicated ingredients help treat existing breakouts and keep them from coming back.

How to Use:

• Apply after using your Acne Solutions Clear Skin System or 3-Step Skin Care
  • Shake bottle well. Squeeze a few drops of foundation onto the back of your clean hand. With Foundation Brush or clean fingertips, smooth makeup into skin, starting in center of face, blending out toward hairline and jawline
  • Remove with your favourite Clinique oil-free makeup remover.

• I'm always on the hunt for the best foundation. I'm curre...2 Answers
  • How does this do for coverage of acne blemishes? And is t...1 Answers
  • Does this really work for oily skin? I have the worst oil...1 Answers
Clinique Acne Solutions™ Liquid Makeup
  • "It has good coverage (a little goes far with it), as well as the salicylic acid in the formula to help control and prevent breakouts." in 2 reviews
  • "It is a very light weight but thick coverup that diminishes redness and the look of acne." in 1 review
  • "My bottle has lasted a really long time since a little goes a long way!" in 1 review
  • "The oil free formula is light on my skin and doesn't clog pores!" in 1 review
  • "I love the fact it has salicylic acid in it, which can help with acne pron skin." in 1 review
Natalie P.
Lancaster, PA
Review for: Fresh Alabaster more...
I just purchased this product today because I broke out again recently and I know it’s because I fell asleep with my makeup on. 😖 BUT! They just built a new shopping center 10-15 mins from my house and THERE’S AN ULTA. So I went there to originally purchase more brush heads for my Clarisonic but the Clinique Acne Solutions foundation kept catching my eye, so I had one of the employees do a color match for me. She removed some of my foundation where a red mark is (healing pimple) and applied some of this foundation to it. She let me look at it and I decided I would give this a go. Little did I realize that when I removed my makeup tonight, I noticed the red mark was almost practically gone. I haven’t full on tried this foundation yet, but if my red marks disappear THAT QUICKLY with this, I will be a frequent buyer of this product. Let’s see how it goes! I’ll check back with an update in 2 weeks maybe?
Slay B.
Review for: Fresh Alabaster more...
This has got to me my favorite foundation in the entire world. It is super lightweight, yet gives around medium coverage. You can build up the coverage though and it still looks great. Since I've been struggling with acne for a long time, this product honestly doesn't make my face worse like some foundations do. The salicylic acid inside even helps treat! It's probably my most repurchased foundation ever and will probably continue to be for a long time!
Story time: Around 3-4 years ago, I started to get the worst breakouts I've ever had in my life. It went from being a few horrible breakouts to just super horrible acne. I would struggle every single day to conceal all the redness, but covering the redness didn't mean you couldn't still see all the bumps. So I struggled to find the right foundation. Everything I tried seemed to be making my sensitive skin worse. It wasn't until I tried Clinique's acne solutions foundation that I finally found what I'd been looking for. This foundation was super lightweight, and even though it wasn't super full coverage, it would cover everything I needed it to without looking like a horrible cakey mess. Plus, as an added bonus, it contains Salicylic Acid in it, which honestly seems to help treat some breakouts here and there. Guys this isn't sponsored or anything. Clinique has no idea who the heck I am. But if you're like me and you've struggled with acne, I truly suggest giving this foundation a shot.
Ang H.
Review for: Fresh Alabaster more...
I love this foundation and it has become one of my go to’s. I’ve never had acne before, I’m 23 and I’ve had some health issues that have caused hormonal issues. I instantly saw difference on my chin (the only place where I’m breaking out) within days. The only thing I don’t like about this is that is does oxidize. I am the lightest shade and I feel as if it is too dark for me. I mix it in with another Clinique foundation, but just wish I could wear it on its own. But an awesome product!!
Kimberly M.
greenville, SC
Review for: Fresh Vanilla more...
I really like the coverage I get with this foundation!! I would say it gives medium coverage and it leaves a satin finish. I like it most because it helps your skin regulate! I was having some problems because of a different product until the clinique lady told me this would help. After 3 times of wearing it, my skin was back to normal.
Kayla R.
Bellmore, NY
Review for: Fresh Alabaster more...
This is my favorite foundation out there!! I have a combination skin type and this foundation helps my dry spots and covers my oily spots. It is very easy to apply with a blender or brush. This foundation can have a dewy or matte finish depending on the primer you use. I would recommend this to anyone who needs a beautiful and affordable foundation. It covers all my acne and scars beautifully with a smooth finish!
Linh T.
Harrisburg, NC
Review for: Fresh Alabaster more...
I want to truly see how this foundation works without having to mix it with another color first because I’m currently recovering from the winter paleness but I have yellow undertones being Asian. All of these paler shades seem to have pink undertones but when I do touch into the warmer colors, they’re too dark for me! Maybe I’ll have better luck when I’m a little bit more tan.
Amy S.
This foundation is pretty nice. It gives me a nice natural finish with medium coverage. This formula contains some salicylic acid to help with breakouts. In my opinion it does work. I don’t break out when I use this foundation. My skin looks pretty, fresh and glowing. If you are a high coverage type of gal you won’t like this but for everyday makeup I feel this works just perfect. Can’t wait to try more from Clinique.
Bethanie A.
Toledo , OH
I bought This foundation when I started having skin issues because of the fact that it helps fight acne. The product did what it said it would do and I liked it for that however I did not like the finish and the fact that it was not buildable I have very light skin. So when getting a foundation to try and cover my blemishes this did not cover it for me.
Lorena P.
This is my everyday foundation. However I’ve noticed that I may have the wrong shade because the undertones are different. This line runs a bit more neutral to pink so if you’re more on the yellow side I wouldn’t recommend this. The price is pretty affordable. I like that the application of this is a squeeze tube. This is a medium to full coverage foundation.
Alexis D.
Seaside, CA
Review for: Fresh Ivory, Porcelain Beige more...
I have very textured acne prone skin so I decided to try out the acne solutions by Clinique. I loved it first and was my only foundation I used until I learned more about coverage. Even though it covers my redness fairly well, it is hard to achieve full coverage which is what I go for. However I know not everyone likes full coverage so if that's not what you're looking for this is a great foundation. It does cover redness pretty well, it lasts awhile and you need little product to do your face. It's just hard to build and becomes cakey when you try. It lasts a full day if I blot as I have oily skin but otherwise begins to separate around my nose area. Overall, a great foundation though.
Sarah H.
Cypress Inn, TN
Is this good for sensitive skin?
Darlene B.
Cambridge, ON
1960 reviews
Does it really work on acne?
Angelica D.
Santiago
I have my very sensitive skin, this makeup will serve me to cover it red?
Sonni W.
Grayson, LA
Is the worth the price? I have really oily skin and want a makeup that will last.
anastasia w.
Yuba city, CA
Does this help reduce acne as well or just used to cover it up?