Clinique Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion

Formulated for acne-prone skins.

What It Is
Mattifying exfoliating lotion is Step 2 in our Acne Solutions Clear Skin System. Use all three steps together to see a 37% reduction in active blemishes in 3 days.

What It Does
Exfoliates and reduces excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Unclogs pores and controls excess shine.

Use the Clear Skin System,
see a 37% reduction in active blemishes in 3 days.

The best way to get breakouts under control is a consistent, non-irritating routine. Each step of Clinique’s Acne Solutions Clear Skin System has a purpose: cleanse, exfoliate, treat. All 3 steps work together to get powerful results in just 3 days. With consistent twice-a-day use, the results just keep getting better.

Reduction in active blemishes:
1 Week       48%
4 Weeks       55%
6 Weeks       73%
12 Weeks       81%

Key Ingredients / Technology
Acne-fighting exfoliators Salicylic Acid and Acetyl Glucosamine help clear dead skin cells that can contribute to clogged pores. Oil-controlling ingredients help prevent buildup of oil that can lead to breakouts. Silica absorbs excess oils to mattify skin.

Great To Know
Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free. Non-Acnegenic. Oil-Free.

Is this product good for acne? And how good are the results?
Is this good for sensitive skin?
Does it really have an effect? Did you use it on your back?
Start your review of Clinique Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion!
Westminster, CA
Hey guys, I would like to recommend this toner to you guys. I had been struggling with acne for a few years after my senior year; I tried everything in the market and spent so much money on different products that promised wonders on my skin. I bought the three-step kit, but I knew for sure this product was the main reason why my skin cleared. I stopped using this toner for a while; I wanted to try a different cleanser(i did not like the cleanser it came with), and the new cleanser and others broke out my skin instead. Finally, I found a new cleanser that works, and along with the toner, it has cleared my skin a lot. Using this toner, you will see the dirt on the cotton pad; if you get pimples well the next, they will be gone, reduced the size or redness.
Newberry , FL
Purchased at: ULTA
I first tried this product when I had lots of breakouts and purchased it with others products from the Acne line. It is very effective. It is a strong formula however and you need to be careful before using it. Even though I only break out from time to time now, I still have this at home as a saver solution. You need to shake the bottle well to mix the ingredients inside then use cotton ball / round to apply on akin with a thin layer. Don’t forget to moisturize after. I typically use it at night time to let it work with only skincare on and not makeup.
Roselle , IL
Are use this for about six months straight hoping for it to work I use the whole line and it was total waste of time and money I really wanted us to work heard great things about it it had a great ingredient list but sadly it did not work if anything it made my acne go from mild to terrible as soon as I stop using it my skin improves greatly I would not recommend this product to anyone unfortunately I think the clinic needs to re-read the whole line the only thing they have going for them is their eye creams and moisture surge products
Indio, CA
Pretty good acne treatment- I have used it during breakouts and it does helps to clear thing up. My problem with this toner is that I found it just a tad too much on the drying side for my combination skin. It could have been a result of several products I was using, but I found that when I use this stuff during a breakout it sucks the life out of my skin a bit too much for my liking, although like I said it does clear the zits! Just not the right balance for my combo skin.
I am not extremely acne prone personally, but any time I'm noticing break outs on my skin, i use this toner and the break outs start to diminish. I also love to reccomend it in a 3 step with someone who is extremely acne prone because it helps exfoliate, rebalance the pH and use acne medicine on the skin all in one step. Super simple and it cleans out the dirt as it closes your pores with acne fighting ingredients. Super awesome product.
Aurora, CO
2,414 reviews
Purchased at: Nordstrom
I am a huge fan of their Toner Lotion- and this is a clarifying lotion for those that are battling acne and breakouts. I personally find this is an excellent skin care product for the teenagers in your life. It works and truly cleanses the skin from extra sebaceous gland production while NOT over drying out the skin- it leaves the necessary hydration behind that it needs which makes this a unique clarifying lotion.
Lisle, IL
I’ve used this and I’ve purchased this for my boyfriend’s daughter as well. It’s a great treatment for breakouts. I didn’t apply all over my face, I used it as a spot treatment when I would break out. It helped treat the breakouts without drying my skin out. I don’t know that it’s beneficial for blackheads but for hormonal acne it’s great. The smell can be a little off putting but it really helps with breakouts.
Bossier City, LA
Clinique Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion uploaded by Jonatan J.
Y’all, this clarifying lotion is the only toner i’ll use. This is kind of geared towards acne; however, if you have oily skin, it’s great for that too. I do have acne-prone skin, so it does burn on active acne but that is the only time it burns. This is the second step in the acne solutions line. This will deep cleanse and remove any dirty that’s left over from the cleanser. I love this for my acne.
Clinique Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion uploaded by Jennifer B.
This product is amazing. I have been using it for 10+ years. It helps take off any excess dirt, make up etc that got left behind from washing your face and helps to fight breakouts. I can not tell you how many times I've repurchased it because I've lost count. Highly recommend especially if you are fighting acne.
Greenfield , MA
Purchased at: Macy's
For me I have sensitive skin. I tried this products with a few other Clinique acne solutions products and had an allergic reaction to all of them. I had swelling in my face, completely dry patches over my entire face, acne incredibly worse, and my skin was inflamed and red as a tomato for about a week after using this. I don’t recommend it for anyone with super sensitive and dry skin like mine.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
New Castle, DE