BY CLINIQUE #50 in Toners & Astringents

Formulated for acne-prone skins.

What It Is
Mattifying exfoliating lotion is Step 2 in our Acne Solutions Clear Skin System. Use all three steps together to see a 37% reduction in active blemishes in 3 days.

What It Does
Exfoliates and reduces excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Unclogs pores and controls excess shine.

Use the Clear Skin System,
see a 37% reduction in active blemishes in 3 days.

The best way to get breakouts under control is a consistent, non-irritating routine. Each step of Clinique’s Acne Solutions Clear Skin System has a purpose: cleanse, exfoliate, treat. All 3 steps work together to get powerful results in just 3 days. With consistent twice-a-day use, the results just keep getting better.

Reduction in active blemishes:
1 Week       48%
4 Weeks       55%
6 Weeks       73%
12 Weeks       81%

Key Ingredients / Technology
Acne-fighting exfoliators Salicylic Acid and Acetyl Glucosamine help clear dead skin cells that can contribute to clogged pores. Oil-controlling ingredients help prevent buildup of oil that can lead to breakouts. Silica absorbs excess oils to mattify skin.

Great To Know
Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free. Non-Acnegenic. Oil-Free.

• My skin has been totally out of whack lately, I'm assumin...2 Answers
  • Is this product good for hormonal acne? The topic treatme...3 Answers
  • I've been dealing with pretty bad acne for the past 5 or ...30 Answers
Himali B.
Westminster, CO
Clinique products are absolutely amazing. They are so effective and make a visible difference to your skin. I use this toner along with Clinique acne solutions foam cleanser and the acne treatment cream and trust me when I say this that I saw visible results in just one day. Its not that all acne and marks disappeared overnight but the redness was gone, my skin looked less irritated and it reduced the pain and swelling of the acne. I love products which can show fast results as it gives me hope that my acne will be cured. I have been really down lately as I have been suffering from hormonal acne since 2-3 months and nothing seemed to work for long. So when I saw the results Clinique acne products gave me I was more than impressed. The smell of this toner is really strong which I would have preferred to be milder but I can do with it nothing unbearable about the smell. Though I would definitely like Clinique to get rid of alcohol in this toner. My skin does feel clean and soft after using this to wipe my face and neck after washing my face. But one thing is you should always follow this up with a moisturiser and don't overuse it as it can be really drying. I would definitely recommend this product you should give it a try if you are suffering from acne.
Olivia S.
I received a sample of this product with one of my purchases from Clinique and I almost wondered at first glance if the label was a misprint because it definitely does not appear to be a lotion! I was very curious to try this out and I was shocked by how much I loved it! Although it is a liquid, it left my skin feeling like i had just applied a layer of moisturizer, without the stickiness that other lotions often leave behind. I am a fan!
Brittney C.
modesto
This acne clarifying lotion people refer to as a “toner”. It is a toner with so many more benefits! It has salicylic acid that helps treat breakouts with exfoliation that picks up all the dirt and oils you think your face wash is picking up. It also balances out the oils and dryness. This is an amazing product and the most important step. If you have been battling breakouts wether it might be teen or adult acne or cystic acne this is a good one to invest into your skin regimen. Morning and night. I also pair it up with the Clinique foam face wash and the all over treatment. This kit comes in a trial size with all three products last a month and you start to see results in 10 days. I love this product! Ask me any questions on this product or Clinique products in general!
Lauren W.
Columbia
This product actually comes in a system that I use quite frequently. I’ve never seen my skin respond so quickly to a product. Acne just disappeared and stayed gone (as long as I was consistent). I purchase from a place where I can receive a discounted price. However, the standard price is just as fair for what this product does. I would recommend this to anyone who struggles with acne
paniz n.
24542 spartan st mission viejo
This is the second step in acne cleansing procedure after you wash your face with the cleansing foam. You need to use a cotton or pad to apply this to the acne spots on the cace. It really gets rid of the dirt and oil build up on the acne and makes it ready for the third step.
Richa J.
Edison
This toner is perfect for acne. I’ve used so many other acne products and this one is the only one that worked for me. I started seeing a difference in as little as two months. It is a little drying around my chin and forehead but when paired with a good moisturizer that problem disappears too. Definitely would recommend for anyone looking for a toner that adds a glow to their skin while still fighting acne!
Gioia M.
canfield
I really loved this stuff, until I found out the truth. When I started using this toner along with the entire acne solutions line, all it did was make my acne worse!! When I originally used it I didn’t have that many pimples. Then after a year or so of consistently using them, my face was covered in severe acne!!! I never ever recommend using it buying this!
Sandra B.
Renton, WA
This brand is my absolute favorite. I don’t use it often because it is definitely on the more expensive side but when I am willing to spend a little more money, it by far is my first choice. I love this product and the following acne solutions that are suggested. I would always recommend the acne kit. As a warning, your skin will get slightly worse because it’s pulling up all the gunk in your pores, but by the end of the tester month or the entire bottle if you’re going large, skin is absolutely radiant and glowing and clear. I love this stuff, my skin is really sensitive and I have no issues when using this product
Savannah K.
Daphne, AL
I purchased the Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System for $28. This set comes with three products including the clarifying lotion. I defiantly recommend purchasing the set. I love all three products truly!! I had breakouts and this three step regimen has cleared my breakouts. I personally purchased my set from ulta. On Ulta’s website the description of the products is that they are gentle and non irritating. But yet are so effective that you will see fewer blemishes, smaller-looking pores, and skin that’s less oily or red. Would defiantly recommend! Clinique Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion
Madison E.
It’s a great product! I saw a great difference in my skin when I used this toner. It helped keep my acne at bay, and also cleaned my face from the makeup and etc. It is pricey but worth the price. I would not buy again because I found a different skin care routine. But it is great!
Makayla H.
College Place, WA
I've been dealing with pretty bad acne for the past 5 or 6 years now and have tried a ton of different products for it but none seem to really work in the long run. I love clinique and use their products all the time but was wondering if this acne solution actually works and if it will work well for oily skin?
Jessica D.
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone else have issues with this product being sticky and sitting on the skin?
Shannon G.
Cheektowaga , Ny
I've been wanting to try this brand for awhile, I'm someone that has very sensitive skin and I've been struggling with acne for awhile now . I just want to actually find something that'll work but I know this can be pricey but I'm wondering if it's worth it?
Jasmine  T.
Does this product really eork and does it reduce oily skin?
Valery A.