BY CLINIQUE #99 in Toners & Astringents

Formulated for acne-prone skins.

What It Is
Mattifying exfoliating lotion is Step 2 in our Acne Solutions Clear Skin System. Use all three steps together to see a 37% reduction in active blemishes in 3 days.

What It Does
Exfoliates and reduces excess oil that can lead to breakouts. Unclogs pores and controls excess shine.

Use the Clear Skin System,
see a 37% reduction in active blemishes in 3 days.

The best way to get breakouts under control is a consistent, non-irritating routine. Each step of Clinique’s Acne Solutions Clear Skin System has a purpose: cleanse, exfoliate, treat. All 3 steps work together to get powerful results in just 3 days. With consistent twice-a-day use, the results just keep getting better.

Reduction in active blemishes:
1 Week       48%
4 Weeks       55%
6 Weeks       73%
12 Weeks       81%

Key Ingredients / Technology
Acne-fighting exfoliators Salicylic Acid and Acetyl Glucosamine help clear dead skin cells that can contribute to clogged pores. Oil-controlling ingredients help prevent buildup of oil that can lead to breakouts. Silica absorbs excess oils to mattify skin.

Great To Know
Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free. Non-Acnegenic. Oil-Free.

• My skin has been totally out of whack lately, I'm assuming it may...2 Answers
  • I've been dealing with pretty bad acne for the past 5 or 6 years ...30 Answers
  • How fast and efficient is this product and is it good for sensiti...2 Answers
Reviews (2033)
Savannah K.
Daphne
I purchased the Clinique Acne Solutions Clear Skin System for $28. This set comes with three products including the clarifying lotion. I defiantly recommend purchasing the set. I love all three products truly!! I had breakouts and this three step regimen has cleared my breakouts. I personally purchased my set from ulta. On Ulta’s website the description of the products is that they are gentle and non irritating. But yet are so effective that you will see fewer blemishes, smaller-looking pores, and skin that’s less oily or red. Would defiantly recommend! Clinique Acne Solutions™ Clarifying Lotion
Kibibi T.
Myrtle Beach, SC
I've been looking for a medicated toner to clear a lot of congestion on my face, and this one has done the trick. It's effective- 1.5% salicylic acid plus some AHAs really exfoliate deep down into my pores. I will use a cotton pad to sweep this over my face every night to both treat my skin and make sure all of my makeup is gone. It is a little drying, but a good moisturizer totally combats any flaking or sensitivity. I can't use this more than once a day because of how harsh it can be, but once a day has definitely made a noticeable difference in the clarity and texture of my skin. My pores are not as clogged and my skin has purged a lot of the gunk that was trapped deep underneath. For the price, this is an excellent product. The biggest issue for me is that this contains alcohol, which is very drying and can cause major irritation. I really wish this was formulated without it. That being said, it definitely works in moderation. Give this a shot to boost your skin-clearing routine!
Olivia S.
I received a sample of this product with one of my purchases from Clinique and I almost wondered at first glance if the label was a misprint because it definitely does not appear to be a lotion! I was very curious to try this out and I was shocked by how much I loved it! Although it is a liquid, it left my skin feeling like i had just applied a layer of moisturizer, without the stickiness that other lotions often leave behind. I am a fan!
Au N.
Tbh, I hate the Clinique Acne trio because it made my acne-prone skin worse. The only product that didn’t make it to the trash can was this toner. I don’t use it daily, only when I get a breakout and it helps clear pimples within a few days. I like that it doesn’t completely dry out the skin like other acne products and my skin feels refreshed after I apply it.
Saba Z.
Edison, NJ
I used this toner for over a year once I realized my main skin issue was acne resulting from oily skin & stress. It was adequate, not too harsh (for me, at least) and helped enough. Also, it was extremely drying and I made sure to follow up with a mattifying lotion. While it helped, it is not the best toner I’ve tried, especially for the price point. Best choice from Clinique though.
Gioia M.
canfield
I really loved this stuff, until I found out the truth. When I started using this toner along with the entire acne solutions line, all it did was make my acne worse!! When I originally used it I didn’t have that many pimples. Then after a year or so of consistently using them, my face was covered in severe acne!!! I never ever recommend using it buying this!
Sandra B.
Seattle, WA
This brand is my absolute favorite. I don’t use it often because it is definitely on the more expensive side but when I am willing to spend a little more money, it by far is my first choice. I love this product and the following acne solutions that are suggested. I would always recommend the acne kit. As a warning, your skin will get slightly worse because it’s pulling up all the gunk in your pores, but by the end of the tester month or the entire bottle if you’re going large, skin is absolutely radiant and glowing and clear. I love this stuff, my skin is really sensitive and I have no issues when using this product
Arielle W.
North Gouverneur
This feels very harsh on my face versus natural alternatives. Very commercial feel and leaves skin feeling tight and plastic instead of moisturized and supple. I am not a fan of this clarifying lotion and will not use it on my skin anymore. My skin is 30 years old and oily dry combo.
Madison E.
It’s a great product! I saw a great difference in my skin when I used this toner. It helped keep my acne at bay, and also cleaned my face from the makeup and etc. It is pricey but worth the price. I would not buy again because I found a different skin care routine. But it is great!
Sara U.
Have been using this toner for years . Love it and the consistent results it provides. My skin tends to be on the dry /sensitive side and this doesn’t irritate or dry it out more like other toners I’ve used in the past. Would definitely recommend this product
Makayla H.
College Place, WA
I've been dealing with pretty bad acne for the past 5 or 6 years now and have tried a ton of different products for it but none seem to really work in the long run. I love clinique and use their products all the time but was wondering if this acne solution actually works and if it will work well for oily skin?
Jessica D.
Pittsburgh, PA
Does anyone else have issues with this product being sticky and sitting on the skin?
Shannon G.
Cheektowaga , Ny
I've been wanting to try this brand for awhile, I'm someone that has very sensitive skin and I've been struggling with acne for awhile now . I just want to actually find something that'll work but I know this can be pricey but I'm wondering if it's worth it?
Jasmine  T.
Does this product really eork and does it reduce oily skin?
Savannah M.
Greenville, SC
How well does this product help clear up and prevent acne?