BY CLINIQUE #6 in Acne Treatments

What it is:
A daily treatment gel for acne-clearing results equal to a leading topical prescription.

Solutions for:
 Acne and blemishes
 Pores
 Oiliness

If you want to know more
This ultra-powerful daily treatment gel is powered by Clinique’s four-in-one clearing complex with salicylic acid to start clearing blemishes instantly and help prevent new ones from forming. You can make visibly clearer skin a way of life.

What it is formulated without:

Parabens

What else you need to know:
This product is allergy tested, non-acnegenic, and free of oil and fragrance.

• How does this compare to proactiv? I have been using that...4 Answers
  • Anyone know some cheap acne products for oily teenage skin??7 Answers
  • What’s some products you use for your acne? I’ve tried s...4 Answers
Alexandria C.
Santa Cruz
I bought this stuff at the right time because I also purchased my Clarisonic at the same time. I had never used a device as a Clarisonic, always just washed my face with my hands. Now, with the Clarisonic, a lot of people say that your skin gets worse before it gets better than it ever had been. However, I never went through a purging phase and I truly believe it's because of this stuff right here! I use this clearing gel right after washing my face and I haven't seen a single breakout yet. Now, it smells so strong of alcohol and that's really the only bad thing I can say about it. However, it didn't effect how many stars I gave because this stuff has been my lifesaver as far as being new to using the Clarisonic. I don't do anything out of the ordinary either. I wash my face, use this stuff, and then moisturize. I have really dry skin in general so washing and using this can make my face feel pretty dry without using Cliniques amazing 72 hour moister surge afterwards. Their clearing gel was definitely worth my money. Not disappointed at all, extremely satisfied.
Jaynee C.
Maricopa
Review for: CLINIQUE Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel more...
Ok, this stuff is incredible!
🤩ALL SKIN TYPES SHOULD TRY THIS!🤩
I have excessively oily skin and on top of that, a nasty case of adult acne! I haven’t had acne since I was 15 years old, yet here I am, 39 with skin problems that put my past “acne” to shame!🤦‍♀️ Cysts! I have cysts!! I’ve never had cystic acne in my life!! But I digress... I received a sample of this Clinique Clinical Clearing Gel and... WOW! I literally saw results after the first application! The FIRST! And it didn’t dry my skin out!!! I’ve had blemishes disappearing, very few new ones making an appearance, and NO FLAKES! Whaaa..!?! Unheard of, right? NOT ANYMORE!!! Now, unfortunately because of my über-oily skin I couldn’t just layer this all over my face like I wanted to, because, while it doesn’t dry out my skin (even though it does contain salicylic acid!), if I apply it all over I do find that my skin gets extra oily. So, if you’re an oily-skinned beauty, consider yourself warned.😉 But, I have been spot-treating my blemishes with this gel in the a.m. and applying it much more liberally at night and it seems to be working like a dream! I’ve only been using this for about 10 days and my skin is already showing HUGE improvement!! It’s a very thin gel that goes from a wet-like consistency to a bit tacky when first applied, but after it soaks into the skin, you’d never even know it was there! I recommend this for everyone who is suffering from acne! I repeat: ALL SKIN TYPES SHOULD TRY THIS!🙌😱🤩
Analyssa B.
Just to give a back ground of my skin type, I’m a type 2 (dry combination, dry to normals in the cheeks and oily on my nose, chin and forehead.) This is a great acne treatment gel, and it works.. but there is a few cons. It is a bit harsh, it initially stings a bit, which I don’t mind because I feel like it is working, but this dries out the spot like no other! Just be sure to moisturize after use. This can make you itch if you put too much. Which that being said, I take a Q-Tip (cotton bud/swab) and put a DROPLET on the end and apply to the spot directly. This shows the best results. Other than that, it is fast and relieves a lot better than other acne products I have tried.
Jenn B.
Cochranville, PA
I bought this product once and would not buy it again; there are many, many drugstore products that have the same effect for a fraction of the price. It's meant to be applied to areas where you have breakouts -- sort of in-between a spot treatment and an all-over product. It contains a lot of alcohol, which you can smell and feel as soon as you put it on your face, so it would be really harsh and dry you out if you were applying it all over on a regular basis. It worked ok, but only on small surface blemishes (and, again, not any better than stuff from the drugstore with a similar concentration of salicylic acid). Did nothing for larger or deeper hormonal blemishes. I know that many people do like the product, so maybe buy a small size to try it out before making a big purchase. One plus side I did like is that you can very easily layer it with other products and makeup and it doesn't pill or leave any residue - sinks in right away. So that is a benefit if you need something really quick-absorbing.
maria r.
Santa Ana, CA
I did not enjoy this clearing jel. I got it as a sample since I’m always iffy about products that go on my face and as soon as I got it I tried it. In the box it says it can be used as a spot treatment or all over the face. At the one I did have quite a few blemishes so I put it all over my face. It slightly burned on a part of my face and I assumed it was just doing that because it was “working” even though I didn’t have a blemish in that area. Then the next day my face was really dry which normally doesn’t happen. All my blemishes were still there but it did get rid of a pimple that was taking forever to go away. It dried out and it healed so I’m guessing it’s better as a spot treatment at least for my case but it didn’t get rid of the other blemishes that were a little under the surface. I wish I liked it though.
naf C.
I recently got a chance to try this and I was too excited to try! Anyhow, it works wondefully. It's effective in clearing skin after just 3 or so uses (at least for me). You just need to be gently applying it. It gives you a cooling sensation as you apply it. Thankfully I don't have acne but my pimples were gone in like 2 days after applying it. They just get dry and get removed. It's a little pricy for a small bottle but it's definitely worthy. I would highly recommend it to everyone.
Kristie W.
Fayetteville, Ga
Its literally the only spot treatment that works for my skin type. I dont break out often just around my period. But when i feel one start to come up, i apply the gel morning and night and in 2 days its gone. Maybe 3 days at most. If your skin isnt responding to this one you should switch to benzol peroxide

Use this one Clinique Acne Solutions™ Emergency Gel-Lotion if the clinical clearing gel doesnt work for you.
April P.
Elizabethtown, KY
I have been using this for years and it is completely amazing for me. I have oily skin and I will occasionally break out in the T-zone area and when I can catch a pimple showing I will put this on wit a q-tip and it works great. If I use it at bedtime the pimple is usually gone by morning, but if not I use it again and is gone by later in the day. I don’t recommend using this more than twice a day because it will dry your skin. I completely recommend! Amazing product & worth the money!!
Jesica R.
Norman, OK
I bought this at Ulta and I’m still trying to make up my mind about it. I use it as a spot treatment for my breakouts. It clears some of them, but not all of them. A little bit sure does go a long way, especially if you spot treat like I do. Hopefully it changes my mind the longer I use it!
Naisha S.
Poughkeepsie , NY
Recently got this little tiny tester, it doesn’t last very long and it is very hard on ur skin because of sylcilic acid. When you put it on it burns but it does try out ur pimple and gives u a more clear skin. Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel
Adriana :.
Redlands, CA
Anyone know some cheap acne products for oily teenage skin??
Kristina L.
San Francisco, CA
I have been looking for an acne treatment for some time. I wanted to try something that isn't prescribed. Would anyone recommend this? I have sensitive and oily skin.
aida j.
Does this product make your skin dry and flaky? Is it good for cystic acne?
Kelsey F.
Albuquerque, NM
What’s some products you use for your acne? I’ve tried so much, but always go back to Clinique Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel
Cheyenne W.
Tunkhannock, PA
How does this compare to proactiv? I have been using that for months, but still not seeing the results that I would like. I cannot get my breakouts under control. Any suggestions on this product?

back