BY CLINIQUE #8 in Skincare Sets

A set of bestselling skin care products for combination-oily to oily skin types. This kit organizes a complete approach to Clinique skin care. Their dermatologist developed 3-Step System cleanses and exfoliates while the oil-free moisturizer completes the process to soften and smooth skin. This set contains:- 6.76 oz/ 200 mL Liquid Facial Soap - 6.76 oz/ 200 mL Clarifying Lotion 3 - 1.69 oz/ 50 mL Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel Founded on the philosophy that "Great Skin Can Be Created," Clinique pioneered the dermatologist-developed cosmetics brand. Each beautifully crafted Clinique skin care and makeup product is allergy tested and 100 fragrance free. see more...

• What is your skin type (greasy, dry, mixed ...)? Clinique 3-Step ...2 Answers
  • I have been looking for skin care products because I have a lot o...1 Answers
  • Do you rinse your face after applying the clarifying lotion?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Valerie E.
So I started using this 3-step system for about 2 weeks now. I have horrible acne on my face, as well as pigmentation issues. It made me break out a lot, but within the ten days that it says your skin will look better, my face dried up and all the blemishes began to disappear. It also claims to minimize pores. I did see a bit of a change. It isn't a miracle worker for the pores, but I have seen some improvements. My face is soft and my acne has been disappearing each day. I do use the facial cleanser with my Clarisonic brush so I think that has a lot to do with it as well. A negative thing about the toner is that it stings, of course most do when you have acne or any type of blemishes. Even when I wait for it to dry for about 5-7 minutes, and then apply the moisturizer, it burns a little. After the 7th day, I started peel and get extremely dry (which I liked because my acne was getting better) but the dryness began to hurt, so I put on their dramatically different moisturizing cream. Any heavy moisturizing cream will do. I only applied this at night though because I tend to get super oily through out the day.
Jordan S.
Williamsburg, VA
I bought this from the Clinique counter at a local Belk store a few years ago, and for some reason my skin really did not like it. The cleanser didn't really feel like it was getting deep down in my pores and actually cleansing my skin. I started off using the cleanser with my clean hands because I didn't have my clarisonic until a few months later (still didn't like it with my clarisonic either. The step 2 in this system felt refreshing but ultimately didn't do much for my skin either. I think that the most disappointing part of this system was the moisturizer...I used the system and didn't like any of it but repurchased the moisturizer to give it another go. I really wanted to like it, but I found that the smell was a tad weird to me and it also made my skin become a little more oily than normal but my skin still wasn't HYDRATED, if that makes sense. Ultimately I just wouldn't recommend this for oily, acne prone skin. There are far better systems out there or mix and match regimens.
Marie J.
Commack, NY
It was recommended to me to use these products when my skin has turned oily and started breaking out terribly. A WARNING TO THOSE WITH SENSITIVE SKIN: THE 2nd STEP CONTAINS SALICYLIC ACID. I am allergic to this ingredient. Please be aware if you are too! I chose to only keep one step of this system in my daily/nightly routine - the DDMG. I have noticed it's provided a softness and hydration without making the oil worse. The pump makes dispensing the moisturizer easy and the gel absorbs well into my skin. The price is more costly because of the name, but the product is effective, so I'm willing to pay. I battle constantly with my skin because of how sensitive it is so it's worth it when I fins something that seems to agree with it. I purchased DDMG at Macy's but was able to obtain a free sample to test it out first for about a week to see how my skin would react to it. A little seems to go a long way with this gel too which also makes the price OK.
Sarah F.
Stoutsville, OH
I absolutely love this product. I've used it for two years now and my face has never looked better. It's three simple steps and the first step can be used in the shower! It's a gentle foaming wash, followed by an astringent, and then a moisturizer. There are different skin types, so there are different levels and the Clinique consultants do a great job at helping you decide which is best for your skin. It's a bit pricey to buy all three pieces together, but it's worth it, and usually after your first purchase, you'll only have to buy one of the three steps at a time. I definitely recommend this to anyone with acne issues and can't find something to work. I have combination skin and it still worked well for me. I'm just careful of the astringent around my T-Zone because it can dry it out if used too often on that area.
Tania G.
Los Angeles, CA
I have used Clinique when I was about 16 and I don't know if my skin just had a bad reaction but I broke out after one month of using it. It scared me, so i stopped using it. Fast forward 5 years later, I tried it again and it can't stop using it! I love the results that it has given me! It always makes me feel like my skin is clean and ready for any serums or night creams. It has give my face a nice glow! The face wash has a nice lather and the scent isn't strong so it doesn't overwhelm me. The clarifying lotion can feel a little drying, but it balances out perfectly with the moisturizing gel. The pump dispenses just the right amount of lotion so that I don't just slather on a ton of lotion. I truly recommend it!
Daniella G.
Homestead, FL
Well, I'm an oily girl and I dind't like these products.
1. The facial soap is so freaking drying. I have oily skin but this makes me soooooo dry. I mean, it cleans what it has to clean, but leave my skin so dry.
2. The moisturizing is ok. I don't feel like this is moisturizing my skin at all... The only way I can feel like this is doing something to my skin is to apply a lot on my face and I don't know, with other moisturizers I just need a little bit of product. Smells good though.
3. I really love the clarifying lotion. This has my heart. I feel like this makes oil and dirty disappear from my face and I feel my face very clear. Love it.
Angie S.
Olathe, KS
I have been an avid user of this bundle for the last 7 years and I LOVE it! I won't use anything else. I have young skin and am still prone to blemishes. This 3-step system helps clean my skin, treat blemishes, and prevent new ones. The toner is gentle on my skin; goes on thin and dries quickly, doesn't add extra oil or dry out my skin. The moisturizer is VERY moisturizing, you only need to use a small amount each team. And the cleanser works great! It's not too foamy and it's cooling on your skin. I really want to try Clinique's facial cleansing brush with this cleanser!
Linda L.
San Francisco, CA
I love this combination. It is a great little package for those who just want the basics (minus sunscreen) for their daily routine. It's also great for those first trying out clinique products. I find that this set is more geared towards oily skin people because the foaming cleanser can be a little drying...at least for me. Or if you are worried about drying out your skin, maybe just use it once a day (at night). I love the moisturizer though! Nothing bad to say about that. 4 stars only because I think it can be drying if you overuse it.
Jamie G.
Paragould, AR
I got this set as a free trial with my makeup I bought. I don't care for step 1. It seems a little to familiar, like every other product available.
The cleaner, or step 2, is amazing. I love it. It literally takes a peaceful size drop to drench your whole face.
Step 3, I really like too. It makes your skin super soft. It's a moisturizer and a good one.
Sarah M.
Prescott, AZ
This skin care regiment is okay, it's not the best but it's def not the worst. I just feel like I don't really notice a whole lotta difference after using it for a while. I haven't really broken out as much as I have before I used it, but it hasn't made my shin like perfect either. One great thing about it is it's very gentle on the skin:)
Alejandra E.
Bloomfield, NM
Did this break anyone out??
Mary T.
Starke, FL
How is this compared to proactive?
Dawnmarie  C.
Rialto, CA
How long does it take to see results ?
Ameni G.
Sfax
It works good for oily skin? I Want to try it..
Loanne N.
I have really sensitive but normal skin and was wondering if this product would be good for it!