BY CLIF

CLIF SHOT® Energy Gel provides quick energy to athletes while racing and training. 8 flavors and a thin consistency make getting energized between breaths quick and easy.

Flavor Notes: Chocolate + coffee, with a kick of caffeine. A deliciously dynamic duo.

• 100 calories
  • 24g carbohydrates
  • 50mg caffeine

Organic Maltodextrin, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Water, Organic Cocoa (Processed With Alkali), Coffee Extract (Contains Caffeine), Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, Green Tea Extract (Contains Caffeine), Potassium Citrate.

• Yuck, this would be hard to choke down. Anyone else tried...2 Answers
Morgan C.
Stafford, VA
I use these during distance runs. The packaging is easy to tear, and it gives me the fuel I need to keep running. The mocha flavor isn’t fantastic, but it’s good enough. It’s a good boost of energy.
Aubrianna p.
Leesville, LA
Quick and easy! Great when you're in a rush or on a hike, run, etc. doesn't make you feel jittery or give you that awful and unwanted crash everyone dreads. Also these have never given me a headache like usual energy supplements
Chelsea V.
Alameda, CA
The tastiest gel "goo" around! These and the shot blox margarita with sodium are the absolute best. I've kept these with me during all half and full marathons and they allow me to have them when I need them and not just at the aid stations. Will always recommend them.
Catherine A.
Everett, WA
Of all the Cliff Shots Gels this is the only one I can eat with out gagging. It works great and I can feel my body has more energy once I get it down but that can be a real struggle. It is a texture thing, it's not quite solid and not quite liquid...but if that isn't an issue for you; then I recommend the gels. If it is then I would go with the Shot Blocks! I love those. I carry them on all of my runs.
Jami M.
Loretto, KY
i just started using this stuff and i have to say the mocha is my absoulte fave. it's packed with protein, and it's a great value. perfect addition to water!
Laura S.
APO, AP
I used these on and off for my half marathon training. Like most gel's the consistency is kind of nasty. The flavor of these cliff ones was pretty good though. Make sure that you're fully hydrating when taking gels or else it will really irritate your stomach
Sophia Z.
Milwaukee, WI
I love this whole line, even the mocha flavor, for extended activities like hikes, distance runs, climbing and just long days. The flavor has that strange tinge that you come to expect from energy products, but it goes away quickly. This gets the job done, and it's portable!
Taline A.
Jersey City
These are simply not good to me. First of all, I find the idea of an edible gel to be off-putting anyway. If you want energy, I recommend one of those Starbucks energy drinks--those are good!
Nicole N.
Kettering, Oh
Really heavy. Would be good if it wasn't so thick. I would rather have the Espersso Love from Gu, but these DO work in a bind (or when they are free on the course!)
Amy S.
VANDALIA, OH
This is my favorite flavor of Chif shot. These are my go-to gels. They got me through my first marathon. I think they have the best consistency of all the other brands.
Annette S.
Kitimat, BC
Yuck, this would be hard to choke down. Anyone else tried them that like them?