BY CLIF #21 in Breakfast, Energy & Snack Bars

The athletes and foodies in the Clif kitchen have crafted a different kind of energy bar. CLIF® Nut Butter Filled Energy Bar brings together two great energy foods – a delicious, creamy nut butter inside an organic energy bar – to deliver sustained energy.

An organic energy bar filled with delicious, creamy hazelnut butter.

• Certified USDA organic, non GMO
  • Low glycemic (low glycemic-index foods digest slowly for prolonged levels of energy)
  • Does not contain partially hydrogenated oils, high fructose corn syrup or artificial flavors

Organic Nut Butter Blend (Organic Hazelnut Butter, Organic Cashew Butter, Organic Almond Butter), Organic Brown Rice Syrup, Organic Rolled Oats, Organic Oat Flour, Organic Pea Protein, Organic Date Paste, Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Cane Syrup, Organic Rice Starch, Organic Brown Rice Protein, Organic Palm Oil, Organic Rice Flour, Organic Alkalized Cocoa, Vegetable Glycerin, Natural Flavors, Sea Salt, Organic Unsweetened Chocolate, Organic Coconut, Organic Cocoa, Sunflower Lecithin, Mixed Tocopherols (Antioxidant).

Kylie P.
Hopkins, MN
I should start by saying that I knew going into this that I wouldn't be a HUGE fan of cliff bars, just because I'm a fitness/nutrition freak and I think a 10g sugar to 6g protein ratio doesn't constitute as a good energy or nutrition bar. That being said, I like cliff bars as a special treat, my favorite being the white chocolate macadamia nut one, so I signed up for this voxbox to treat myself. If I eat cliff bars, I typically eat them in the morning on days when I need a little extra calories. I wouldn't invest in them if you're trying to lose weight or eat more natural foods. For me, however, the calorie boost is a good thing. I was interested in these bars because there's stuff in the middle! It's like the poptart of nutrition bars! In all honestly, it's exciting to see stuff in the middle, but the middle stuff doesn't taste dramatic enough to make an impacting difference. Tastes like a normal cliff bar. I love the flavors they made, however. The chocolate was my favorite because I'm a chocolate-gal, followed by the almond and the peanut butter. They're even better if you zap em in the microwave for a few seconds. They taste very similar to cliff bar's previous formulas, and don't beat the macadamia nut one in my book, but they're definitely nice to have around if I need a sugar/calorie boost. Also the packaging of cliff bars has always been a huge plus- I think they look so good and professional. The packaging can trick me into buying more even though I know what's inside the bar. Genius. Now I wanna go for a hike!
Terrian B.
Indianapolis, IN
I have had Clif bars in the past and I think they are decent meal replacements but I am not really a fan of how they taste. I do keep them on hand for emergencies occasionally. The Filled Chocolate Hazelnut Butter is a good flavor addition to the family and I do think it makes it more tolerable! The price is good at $1.79 per bar and you can usually find great deals at drug stores for buying multiples.
Emily B.
Brooklyn, NY
I generally really like Clif Bars, but I usually eat the Builder's Protein variety. I do love filled bars, so I was excited to try out this product as part of a Vox Box, but it ended up falling short of my expectations. I frequently eat Nature Valley Soft Baked Filled Squares, which are ridiculously delicious, and Clif Nut Butter Filled Bars were inferior to the Nature Valley bars in pretty much every way. The texture was kind of strange and grainy. There was a really odd scent to the Chocolate Hazelnut Butter flavor, and it definitely didn't smell like chocolate or hazelnut, so I'm not sure what would have caused that. The taste actually didn't remind me much of chocolate or hazelnut either! It was pretty dry and bland. Other reviews are really positive for these,  so maybe I just have had too great of an experience with Nature Valley. I didn't mind eating it, but I'd never buy it again.
Ang🌺 R.
Elmsford, NY
If I could give this more stars I would!! This was amazing! It had just the right amount of hazelnut and was not too overpowering, this bar cured my craving for something sweet and I did not feel guilty after eating this. I will definitely look for these in stores and I 100% recommend these bars to everyone. They are nothing like regular cliff bars and in my opinion they are so much better :)
Alma C.
This healthy bar has nothing to be compare to other bars. It does not even taste like a healthy bar because it has the right sweetness for your body. Also, it met all my expectation in trying it and gave a lot of energy! I love it and that is why I am going to buy the whole box so I can have it always with me!
Sarah H.
Lake St Louis, MO
I really wanted to love this product because it combined two of my favorite things into one. However, I was slightly disappointed. The nut butter filling just didn’t taste right with the bar. Everything was a little off in both flavor and texture. The but butter filling was choppy and almost powdery, I was expecting a smoother and almost creamier texture. Additionally, the whole thing came off a little maple flavored to me which is not something I enjoyed. The actual bar is smaller than most by this company. It was okay, but not purchasing again.
Sara B.
I got this bar for free for testing. I really like the thickness and filling in this bar. It keeps my full for a few hours. It is a little dry, that would be my one complaint, and it has a high amount of carbs. This is a good quick snack for before a workout or to stash in your purse for running errands. I would buy them for myself.
Laura l.
Madison, WI
This bar is a perfect size to fill you up with sustained energy on-the-go when you need a quick snack. The flavor is great and there is a perfect amount of peanut butter filling. My only complaint is that the hazelnut butter was a little on the drier/less creamy side. Other than that, I loved it!
Megan A.
These filled clif bars are a new find for me and I am obsessed. When I go to target they are usually sold out, which is a testament to how good they are! Whenever I have people over I tell them they have to try these bars. I pack them for lunch and always keep one in my car for an emergency snack. I could talk about these all day they are that good.
Rachel M.
Out of the three flavors I received in my box this one was my favorite! The chocolate/hazelnut combination was to die for! It exceeded my expectations in all areas except for the size. I wanted it to be bigger! It was smaller than a normal Clif bar. Otherwise, you will love it!

back