BY CLIF

CLIF® BLOKS™ Energy Chews provide quick, chewable, energy to athletes while training and racing. BLOKS come in 33 calorie cubes, with sleek and portable packaging, making it easy to customize and track caloric and electrolyte intake during long outings and races.

A tangy punch of citrus flavor in one tasty little cube.

Organic Tapioca Syrup, Organic Dried Cane Syrup, Organic Maltodextrin, Pectin, Citric Acid, Potassium Citrate, Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, Organic Sunflower Oil, Carnauba Wax.

Theresa T.
San Jose, CA
I'm training for a half-marathon and needed something to give my body and muscles a boost during my longer runs. I purchased these at the suggestion of a fellow runner. I never tried any other energy supplements and have often heard about the horrible taste of goos. Running day comes and I was eager to try these out because they look like a gummy candy! 1 hour into my run, I popped 3 into my mouth and downed some water. I was anticipating a texture of a gummy bear, but it's not quite similar... it may get stuck in your teeth a little. Still a great taste, like strawberry jam/jelly. Maybe it was a placebo effect, but my legs felt great after! Definitely will be using these on my long runs and would like to try out the different flavors.
Britt C.
Buffalo, NY
Never having had these before, the first time I tried them was at mile 7 of a half marathon about a year ago. Not only did it taste great and not leave a gross taste in my mouth for the remainder of the race, i felt a little less exhausted and have used them since for longer training runs. My husband takes them when he does long bike rides and we both like the taste, size, and cost of the product!
Stephanie C.
I have used these before several runs (I can't stomach "real" food before my early morning runs). The flavor is good and I do get a good energy push from them that is sustainable for at least an hour. My only complaint with them is that they get stuck in my teeth more so than other energy chews. I will eat them in my car en route to my run, but because of the chewy thing I prefer not to eat them in front of others (I look like a horse eating peanut butter! :-X)
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
I like this flavor of the cliff shot blocks the best. It tastes like lemon lime Gatorade to me. You need to make sure you have water with you on a run if you are using these. I prefer the gel more than the chews though but everything with running is a preference.
Gabrielle F.
Be sure you read the directions when eating these, they are not meant to be eaten all at once! My boyfriend made that mistake and ended up drinking later on in the day and that was not the best combination. I believe you are only supposed to eat a few at a time. They are great when consumed in small amounts!
Courtney T.
Buffalo, NY
These are easy to carry on a run but I throw them in a separate plastic bag because the package is hard to open. I like the flavor it is similar to red Gatorade. I love getting them for free at the end of a race.
Mindy D.
Fayette, AL
Love these energy chews for my long runs! I eat one about an hour in and one every 2 miles after that it seems to give me the push and energy that I need to finish strong!
victoria j.
United states
I cant stand 90% of the GU gels that are out there but I loooove the bloks. I use them for long runs and trail runs usually 10-13 miles or more.
Olivia H.
Toronto, ON
First of all, let me say that I am a huge CLIF fan. I love their original CLIF Bars and their high protein Builders Bars… mainly because they are 95% organic ingredients (and it doesn't hurt that they are covered in chocolate). The brand story is also a cute one but I’ll leave that for you to read here: http://www.clifbar.com on the “who we are” page.

Until now, those were the only two CLIF brand products I had tried. Albeit, I have had at least one box of every flavor under my belt. But I just had a taste of the Shot Blok Energy Chews and I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. The strawberry flavor tasted a little bit like Jell-O but was a nice texture and easy to chew (I was expecting more of a gummi bear consistency). I would have liked it to be a bit more tangy, so I think I'll try the citrus one next time… for $2.89 at Sport Chek, I'd definitely try another.

They are actually quite practical to eat during an intense workout, but probably more so for a day of hiking, climbing, or intervals of activity, a “chew” might be nice in between. For runs I still prefer gels or good old electrolyte drink; my favorite gels are usually most citrus/berry tastes (just NEVER any chocolate flavored ones).

Anyways, my overall impression of the CLIF Shot Blok Energy Chews is quite good after my first experience. I’m looking forward to trying their other chews… especially during my next workout!

PS. Definitely only eat them all at once if you are planning on doing a fairly intense workout. For 30 minute jogs or a low-intensity routine gym visit you shouldn't be eating any gels or bloks at all!
Ashleigh B.
West Kelowna, BC
One of my favourite products to keep with me whenever I’m doing any exercising. The perfect little pick me up when you can feel yourself begin to lose your energy.