BY CLIF #12 in Breakfast, Energy & Snack Bars

Clif Bar® Chocolate Chip Energy Bar.
Made with organic oats & soybeans.
Nutrition for sustained Energy®.

• I know Clif bars are vegan, but can you call them "healthy"? For li...3 Answers
  • Should this be eaten before a workout or only when in need of boost...8 Answers
  • How good are these for losing weight? And does it really give energy5 Answers
Manasi N.
Manasi N.
Cranbury, NJ
This tastes just like a big chewy granola bar. The oats have an apple cinnamon flavor giving it much of the sweetness. There is a chocolate chip in almost every bite. I like that it has rice crispies to give it more texture. There is a little bit of chalky dryness, but it doesn't take away from it flavor-wise. The chalkiness lingers a while later. I like that it is made with mostly organic ingredients, but it is still not certified. It keeps me full for a number of hours. It claims to be an energy bar, but not sure how substantial that is since I'm not a regular consumer of those products. This is a good product to keep with you in case you get hungry.
Heavinly P.
Heavinly P.
Cornelius, OR
Clif bar has to be the #1 best tasting chocolate chip protien/energy bars if not , one of the best! I'm real picky when it comes to protien/energy bars , I dislike the powder and sorta chalky taste like most protien bars but clif chocolate chip bar and actually my bad not even just that flavor but all the flavors in the clif bar collection just have a fenaminal taste ! Theses tasty snacks can be found almost anywhere for the price of $1.19 ! Wow ! Theses are extremely affordable and your getting the nutrients you need and the protien and energy perfect for an on the go snack ! Clif bars chocolate chip is so a repurchase!
Delia E.
Delia E.
This is Yummy and my go to when I I forget to pack a lunch. These are great snacks and they don’t taste bad. They are sweet, chewy, yet have a little crunch to them and come in 12 packs (which are the once I generally get). - They do fill you up with enough to get through the day. These energy/nutrition bars have 10g of protein, have no GMO, and they are packaged in recycled material! So the brand its self is trying to keep the environment clean… - They just really taste good over all, whether your dieting or just want a healthier snack choice… I truly like these… and trust me when I say I will not eat nasty things…
Caitlyn C.
Caitlyn C.
Frederick, MD
These bars are always my go-to pick me up! They are so much better for you than most of the other granola bars that are filled with mystery chemicals. I love that I can pronounce everything in the ingredients list. However, a box of them can be a little pricy, but I do think you're paying for a quality product! They also keep me full for hours which is great because I can snack on one at work or in class and not have to worry about being hungry for the rest of the time I'm there!
Kass A.
Kass A.
Foodie Expert
I like these energy bars, they're what got me through my classes in college. However, I do not recommend these for people who are cutting or trying to lose body fat. They are very high in cals, carbs, sugars and only have 10 g of protein. But if your just someone is maintaining or looking for a healthier alternative to a chocolate bar, I highly recommend you pick one these up. They are so yummy.
Heather R.
Heather R.
I buy these frequently for my husband. I had never tried one until the other night. I was surprised by the texture of these. They are not dry like I was expecting. They have a great flavor, not too sweet. I will be purchasing the other flavors now as well. These are good to bring with you while out and about. If you want a quick something for breakfast, or a snack throughout the day.
Lindsay Ruthann S.
Lindsay Ruthann S.
Torrington, CT
Clif bars, specifically the chocolate chip flavored enery bars, are my absolute favorite go-to vacation, hiking, traveling, and out-on-the-road snack and meal replacer. They taste like dessert, which is perfect for someone with a sweet tooth like me, but are packed with protein and fiber, all while being organically and ethically sourced! Definitely my favorite brand of energy bar.
Erika T.
Erika T.
Lewis Center, OH
Foodie Expert
Clif bars are just OK for me. The taste is pretty good, not amazing, but definitely not cardboard either. They are a good size so they fill you up but they don't overload you.

The one thing that I don't like about Clif bars is that they are so dang chewy! My jaw hurts after eating one these from chewing so much. Other than that they are a good snack. I usually buy mine at Walmart.
Jake N.
Jake N.
Wilmington, NC
I recently got turned on to Clif Bars and this one might be my favorite. I can't get enough of them. This is a great source of protein and has enough carbs to provide you with energy you need. It has a good chocolate taste, and doesn't have any weird, nasty protein taste. I absolutely recommend this bar to anyone, just maybe not as a casual snack because of its calories.
Alyssa F.
Alyssa F.
Review for: Box
Overall, I really do like these bars. I happen to love the chocolate chip flavor more than the other flavors. They have a decent amount of protein to keep you full in between meals. If you are being carb-conscious, I would not recommend these bars as they are high in carbs and net carbs. Depending on the retailer you purchase these bars from, they can be quite pricey.
Amanda E.
Amanda E.
Sacramento, Ca
What is your favorite flavor?
nadia b.
nadia b.
Davie, FL
Foodie Expert
I recently bought this bar but never got a chance to try it? Is it good?
Erin H.
Erin H.
Naples, FL
Foodie Expert
Should this be eaten before a workout or only when in need of boost throughout the day?
Shemorell R.
Shemorell R.
Foodie Expert
How good are these for losing weight? And does it really give energy
Princess A.
Princess A.
I know Clif bars are vegan, but can you call them "healthy"? For like 2 months I have been eating 2 bars a day like 4 days out of the week and I wanted to know if this would make me gain weight or not be the healthiest option of me. Should I be cutting back?