BY CLEARBLUE #5 in Pregnancy Tests

The Clearblue® Fertility Monitor is the most advanced method of maximizing your chances of getting pregnant.

Most home ovulation tests identify the 2 Peak Fertility days during your cycle by detecting the surge in Luteinizing Hormone (LH) that triggers ovulation. The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is unique as it tracks 2 hormones to typically identify up to 6 fertile days – it not only shows you your 2 Peak Fertility days, it can also inform most women of an extra 1-5 days of High Fertility prior to their Peak Fertility. Since your partner’s sperm can survive in your body for several days, having sex on all of these days can lead to conception.

How does the Clearblue Fertility Monitor work?

The Clearblue Fertility Monitor stores information about your personal hormone patterns and personalizes itself.

• Typically identifies up to 6 fertile days
  • Most advanced way of tracking your most fertile days – the only non-invasive method that detects both LH and estrogen hormones
  • 100% natural and non-invasive
  • Suitable for women with regular and irregular periods

The Clearblue Fertility Monitor is suitable for women whose natural cycle normally lasts between 21 and 42 days.

• Has anyone used this and actually gotten pregnant?2 Answers
  • How does this work? Has anyone had any luck using it?1 Answers
  • Does this product work? 13 Answers
Kiamesha B.
Valrico, FL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I bought this monitor after 8 months of trying to concieve. I have very irregular periods so the thought of a machine telling me when I was ovulating sounded great.

About the machine: You have to program it to start during your period. So, if you buy it in between your cycles, you need to wait until your next period to begin using the monitor, however you can program it up to day 5 on your period, meaning if you buy this and you are anywhere from day 1-5 in your menses, you can program it for whatever day between those five days you are on. If you purchase the monitor and you are on day 3 of your period, the monitor will allow you to program day 3 and start from there. For me I had a bit of trouble figuring out the programming but to be honest I'm not that mechanically inclined, but I did eventually get it.

You start testing when the maching tells you to, so you won't be testing everyday. This helps because it saves $$ on the sticks. You pee on the stick in the morning (first morning urine for best results, as opposed to afternoon urine with OPK'S) at the same time every morning. There is a 3 hour window that is allowed. So if you set your clock for 7am, but you really have to pee at 5:30, you pee at that time so the urine is concentrated. The 3 hour window can go either way- before 7am or after, just as long as its the first urine. The machine will give you either a low, high or peak (with a little egg next to the peak days) reading. The instructions advise you to baby dance on high and peak days.

Now for the cons. Its pricey! The machine itself is expensive, much, much more then OPK's and the sticks are pricey as well. When you buy the machine it will come with a certain amount of sticks, but then you need to buy refills which can get costly.

Did it work?? For us it worked. I was able to get pregnant the second cycle using this monitor. It showed that I was ovualting on day 10, where I figured I was around days 12-16, so we were way off. With the new found knowledge of when I was actually ovualting we got pregnant with our little boy.
Cristina S.
Bismarck, ND
I'm giving this an A because I don't know of any other home technology that comes close to what this thing does. If you are interested in monitoring your fertility for health purposes or avoiding or achieving pregnancy, look up "Marquette Method" and buy one of these (usually cheapest on Amazon). It does have a learning curve, but with a teacher to help you iron out any kinks you come across, it really is the best tool out there. You submit a urine sample and the monitor reads it and tells you your fertility level. What you do with that information is up to you.
Alyssa S.
El Paso, TX
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I bought this fertility monitor after a year of trying to conceive and it helped me learn when my most fertile days occurred. I started tracking my fertile days with the basic math and after I bought this, I realized that the basic way to figure out your fertile days, I was always a week off and that's why I wasn't getting pregnant! After I bought this, I was finally on track and got pregnant the following month!
Mariann T.
Underhill, VT
After using regular OPK sticks for six months and not getting a sure reading, I forked over the money to buy this (in addition to setting up an appointment with a fertility specialist). Within the first month of using this (with the fertility friend app) I was able to see that I was Ovulating. The regular OPK sticks were not picking up my hormones and this monitor was sensitive enough. So as I reached Peak Fertility, we went to work. My daughter is 7 months old and I can honestly say, it was the monitor! Its worth the money.
Chrissy S.
I'm currently trying to conceive baby #2 and considering trying this product, I would love to do a review on it on my YouTube Channel www.youtube.com/user/chrissyandbaby322. I've had a few friends recommend this to me and they were able to conceive within the first 4 months.
Rachel D.
Wood River, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
This is a great product. I used this when trying to get pregnant and it was very accurate and helpful. Not expensive. Great product to have around your house to ease your anxiousness and have s peace of mine.
Nikki K.
Happy with my purchase. I'm horrible at remembering things sometimes but this makes it really easy to track and is so helpful in your planning. Fertility can be stressful but the monitor takes the guess work out and helps a lot. The strips aren't cheap though.
Anna M.
The clearblue easy monitor is the greatest invention. It is very easy to use and very effective. It really helps if you have an irregular cycle to figure out when and if you are ovulating. It is worth the price.
Knashia J.
Shreveport, LA
I would love to use this cause I won't to have another child and I see myself trying this and I hope for the best it look like a easy to use machine.
Vanessa P.
Staten Island, NY
Love these tests! Recently trying to conceive and purchased this kit! It is easy to use and it works!! Very effective to predict fertility period.
Kristen C.
Crisfield, MD
Does this product work?
Alice s.
Somerset, KY
Is this difficult to use?
Lana M.
Do these actually work?
Andrina R.
Does this actually work?
amber k.
Waianae, HI
I have irregular cycles and I found out that I don't ovulate every month. Will this help me to pinpoint my days of ovulation or is it just a guessing game with this monitor? Is it worth the purchase?