BY CLEAR PROOF

The Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel* is the first step in the Clear Proof® Acne System. It deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores, and it gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities. Contains 2% salicylic acid.

Learn more about Clear Proof® here.

*Over-the-counter drug product

• I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it r...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser? 2 Answers
  • I originally agreed to have my 10 year old son test the product, ...1 Answers
Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • "I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it." in 7 reviews
  • "I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past." in 5 reviews
  • "Loved the foaming action of this, didnt need to use very much, a small amount goes a long way." in 5 reviews
Chiquita C.
Chiquita C.
I have been using this product as part of the full 4 step clearproof system. I am not a fan. Every time one pimple goes away, another pops up and sometimes 2 or 3. And it takes a long time for the pimples to even look remotely affected by the cleansing.
Ashley M.
Ashley M.
Livermore, CA
I received this in a four step set free from Influenster in order to review. I did not like this set at all. It dried out my skin, to the point of being painful and really tight. The program suggested only using one or two products if it was too harsh but even with just this cleanser it was painful and did not clear up any of my acne. I have very oily skin and have never had a product dry my skin out so horribly.
maria p.
maria p.
Georgetown, KY
Extremely irritating to my skin. Gave me a rash and totally dried out my skin.
Cheryl S.
Cheryl S.
Corinth, NY
My daughter tested this system. She didn't have a lot of acne, but enough to make her want to try it. After about a week, it dried her face out so bad, that she had to discontinue use. It made her face extremely red and she stopped using it. I feel so bad because this is only the second box I've ever received.
Columbus, OH
Awful! I got this in my clear proof vox box and I broke out like crazy. Would never use again.
Stephanie L.
Stephanie L.
Washington, DC
Not only did this completely dry out my face, but it also made me break out worse than usual. A week of usage was enough to decide that this product was not for me.
Nisha R.
Nisha R.
I am not a fan of the whole Clearproof line in general. That being said, the cleansing gel ultimately did me more hurt then help. I used this product at first upon rising in the morning and taking a shower at night. However, after a short span of one week, the skin on my cheeks became so dry they started to peel, and on one, started to crack. I then stopped using the cleansing gel in the morning, and the problem eased slightly, but not completely. I must say I'm terribly disappointed in this skin care regimen line. Although I received the entire Clearproof line complimentary of Influenster, I would not use the cleansing gel again.
Maria C.
Maria C.
I was using it for a couple of days and my face got irritated and red...I hope this does not happen to your face.
Alyssa M.
Alyssa M.
Stem, NC
I would not recommend this product to anyone. I do not have sensitive skin;however, this product broke my entire face out in a small, itchy rash. At first, I thought the product was bringing breakouts to the surface, but I quickly realized it was making my face itchy, broken out, and incredibly uncomfortable. The moisturizer did not provide enough moisture and my face was patchy and scaly.
Lorissa A.
This stuff did clear up all of my breakouts. I used it for a little over two weeks even though i wanted to stop the first week. I used it once a day. And i used the moisturizer along with it i cut back on the toner and the acne gel. And this stuff made my entire face come off as a giant flake. Its cold here and i get dry skin in the winter. But in my entire life it has not ever been that bad. I excessively put lotion on trying to "fix" my face. I stopped using it a while ago and I've even switched to using olay moisturizer as soon as I'm out of the shower and I'm still having dry skin. Note that i quit using this a few days ago. Honestly i cant even wear make up... Its really disappointing i mean my face is clearer not perfect and i honestly don't want to leave my house. Id rather have my acne back than flaky skin. At least i could hide that.
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone noticed skin irritation from using this? I'm on day 5 and I am getting little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
Kenna C.
Kenna C.
I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it really clean up your acne? Is it worth the price?
Lorissa A.
Is anyone else having issues with it drying out their lips? Or maybe its just me? I'm so cautious about getting it anywhere near my mouth and it still seems to touch them when i rinse it off even with my lips pressed together. Just curious because I'm not sure if this is normal and if i should continue it
Columbus, OH
Did anyone else break out a lot from this product?
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser?