BY CLEAR PROOF

The Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel* is the first step in the Clear Proof® Acne System. It deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores, and it gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities. Contains 2% salicylic acid.

Learn more about Clear Proof® here.

*Over-the-counter drug product

• I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it r...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser? 2 Answers
  • I originally agreed to have my 10 year old son test the product, ...1 Answers
Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • "I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it." in 7 reviews
  • "I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past." in 5 reviews
  • "Loved the foaming action of this, didnt need to use very much, a small amount goes a long way." in 5 reviews
Christina G.
This cleanser has a great formula. It is so light and leaves my skin feeling fresh without residue. The cleanser is also unscented, which is amazing for those with sensitive skin or reactions to scents and dyes often found in products. While this does contain 2% salicylic acid, it seems to work just well enough without drying skin. It's gentle enough to use often.
Nichole s.
Love this product. i have tried quite a few remedies and products but i find this to be the best. it has left me with very little to no acne and my skin feels refreshed. it's a good value too, you won't run out of this quickly as a little goes a long way
Ciara A.
Los Angeles, CA
I love this product! A little bit goes a long way and it leaves my face feeling incredibly clean. I use it with the entire Clear Proof Acne System and I can't say enough good things. It has salicylic acid but is not hard on your skin like other products that I've used before like ProActiv. I've tried other Mary Kay cleansers before but I think they have mastered this formula.
Mary S.
Virginia Bch, VA
It's been almost a week and a half since I started using this. Out of all the Mary Kay cleansers I've tried this is by far my favorite, it doesn't leave my skin dry the way the others do. My only critique is that I wish it had a bit more of an exfoliating quality and the consistency of it is really almost... gluelike. But other than that I like it!
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
I had high hopes for this product when I first bought it. Unfortunately it dried out my face so bad I can barely talk because around my mouth is so dry and the creases of my nose is sore sore because of the flakiness. Keep in mind I have very oily skin so for a product to dry my skin so bad that it hurts and has lasted for days I'm not happy.
Brittany D.
Albany, KY
I really like the way this Clear Proof Clarifying Cleansing Gel smells, its a fresh scent and smells so great and the way it lathers is incredible as well. I think it does an amazing job controlling the oil on my face and it is like I can feel it working as soon as I use it. I LOVE it!! The only reason I did not give it 5 stars was because it did not take off my make up as well as I would like. I have to use a make up towelette or eye make up remover beforehand.
Alec W.
Austin, TX
I was kind of intrigued by the concept of a “gel” rather than a normal exfoliating type of cleanser. I’m not sure I like it, but it definitely does its job and foams up with a really small amount. A definite plus about tis system in the amount of product. In ProActive and AcneFree the Cleanser was only 4oz. Clear Proof is 4.5oz.
Cathy S.
Nashville, TN
I received this complimentary through Influenster, and I really liked it! I felt like it did a great job cleaning my face. The only setback of it was that it really couldn't just be rubbed on and washed off - you have to purchase some kind of cleanser brush to really get a thorough clean. But once you do, the product is wonderful.
Jenn C.
Oakland, CA
I received all products to test from Influenster, however, all opinions are my own.
My skin is super sensitive and this product highlighted that fact in a major way. I should have known as soon as the over powering chemical smell hit me. It dried my skin out even if I only used it 3x a week. Kinda bummed. Wanted to love it.
Nicole F.
I like how it feels when it is working, but ugh again with the smell. Seriously what is up with facial products smelling horribly? I'm glad this is the first step in the process though as my face does seem to feel cleaner while using, I'm not sure if it works that well when combined with the rest of the system.
Lauren G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone noticed skin irritation from using this? I'm on day 5 and I am getting little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
Kenna C.
I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it really clean up your acne? Is it worth the price?
Lorissa A.
Is anyone else having issues with it drying out their lips? Or maybe its just me? I'm so cautious about getting it anywhere near my mouth and it still seems to touch them when i rinse it off even with my lips pressed together. Just curious because I'm not sure if this is normal and if i should continue it
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser?
Cecilia F.
What exactly does this product do, and how efficient is it? I'm always looking for a new product to test on my face to make it clear but always have issues findung one. Do you guys recommend this one?