BY CLEAR PROOF

The Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel* is the first step in the Clear Proof® Acne System. It deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores, and it gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities. Contains 2% salicylic acid.

Learn more about Clear Proof® here.

*Over-the-counter drug product

• I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it r...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser? 2 Answers
  • I originally agreed to have my 10 year old son test the product, ...1 Answers
Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • "I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it." in 7 reviews
  • "I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past." in 5 reviews
  • "Loved the foaming action of this, didnt need to use very much, a small amount goes a long way." in 5 reviews
Blair S.
It's rare that I am able to find a wash that purely clarify. I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past. A small finger full can clean my entire faces even the oil spots such as my nose and under my chin. The one down side ( for most people , not me) is it leaves the face dry so you must use the moisturizer included after my face has dried. The reason I am fine with this is it gives me a complete clean feeling. I have a combination of oily skin and dry and this leads to a more even distribution of my natural oils as well.
Laurann B.
Dunwoody, GA
I received this as a part of the ClearProof Vox Box. I liked the face wash! It has 2% salicylic acid in it which is what my normal face wash has (Neutrogena oil-free acne wash). The face wash is clear and applies easily to the face. The only downside is it is in a squeeze tube which takes an extra 30 seconds to use over a pump bottle. However, you are able to get that last bit of product out of the tube which you wouldn't be able to get to with a pump bottle. I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it.
Sandy P.
Norwalk, CA
I received this along with my ClearProof Voxbox and I have been using this religiously everyday (except for one or two days of the week where I use natural ingredients to cleanse my skin) and it gets the job done. I never was a big fan of salicylic acid, but this is the first product that contains it to actually not break me out. But I'm not here to gush about this product. A little goes a long way, yes, and it's definitely clean up your skin. However, I have oily/combination skin and this product (in conjunction with the other products in the line) dries out my skin so much that it feels like it doesn't matter how much of the moisturizer I use. Though I wouldn't actually purchase it, I'll keep using it until it's all gone so I can go back to my previous skincare routine.
Rachel G.
Huntsville, AL
I like this product. It smells light and refreshing, and it makes my face feel clean and fresh. My skin is clearer, but I do still have a few breakouts every now and then. I do feel that it is somewhat drying and I definitely need moisturizer after using it. However, my face starts to feel oily a few hours after washing my face with this. If it were less drying and had more oil control, this product would be rated higher, but as it is, it is a decent face wash that does the job.

I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Kate M.
Brooklyn, NY
This is a great cleanser-- I never feel like I didn't get all my makeup off or that my skin might need a second wash. However the smell is pretty strong and unpleasant, so that's why I took a star off. I only use this at night with the matching toner and it doesn't feel too drying. I won't be buying again because I am pretty picky about scents, but it's worth a try if you have problematic skin.
Tanya G.
Fresno, CA
Received as part of the Clear Proof Vox Box. Not a bad face wash! My skin is oily, acne-prone and not sensitive. I really like this cleanser and use both in the morning in the shower and at night after I take off my makeup. It doesn't dry out my skin, which is nice. I haven't experienced any harsh breakouts since starting to use this, so maybe this has something to do with it. All in all I enjoy it and will continue to use it until I run out, jury is still out if I'll repurchase, but I think it's a good cleanser.
Meghan M.
Duluth, MN
I received the Clear Proof set from Influenster to test. I have now been using it for a few days now and I can tell that it gets down in your skin to dry out any pores I may have - and I really like that. My only concern is how much it dries out my skin, because I use this stuff twice a day. I absolutely love the blemish toner - you can see how much dirt you're taking off your skin. Overall, pleased with the results I'm seeing thus far and can't wait to see how my skin looks after 30 days!
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA
I did not see any sort of improvement in my skin when using this. It also didn't really feel like it was getting my face to the clean point that I had hoped to achieve with this. I have never been a huge Mary Kay fan so I don't know. This has a nice foamyness to it but I feel as though the foamyness doesn't help my skin get clean. I'll feel a little oily after washing my face and want to use something different so I am not oily throughout the day or night time. Just wasn't my product.
Nisha R.
I am not a fan of the whole Clearproof line in general. That being said, the cleansing gel ultimately did me more hurt then help. I used this product at first upon rising in the morning and taking a shower at night. However, after a short span of one week, the skin on my cheeks became so dry they started to peel, and on one, started to crack. I then stopped using the cleansing gel in the morning, and the problem eased slightly, but not completely. I must say I'm terribly disappointed in this skin care regimen line. Although I received the entire Clearproof line complimentary of Influenster, I would not use the cleansing gel again.
Teresa L.
Burlington, KY
I use this twice a day now since about a week ago and I love it! I really didn't have a huge problem with acne before just a bunch of black/white heads all over my face that weren't very noticeable except when I look at my face. They are now almost completely cleared up and my face has become less oily than it use to be. This in use with the other 3 items in the set (toner, spot treatment, and moisturizer) work amazing together! So happy to have gotten this set in my Voxbox!
Lauren G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone noticed skin irritation from using this? I'm on day 5 and I am getting little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
Kenna C.
I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it really clean up your acne? Is it worth the price?
Lorissa A.
Is anyone else having issues with it drying out their lips? Or maybe its just me? I'm so cautious about getting it anywhere near my mouth and it still seems to touch them when i rinse it off even with my lips pressed together. Just curious because I'm not sure if this is normal and if i should continue it
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser?
Cecilia F.
What exactly does this product do, and how efficient is it? I'm always looking for a new product to test on my face to make it clear but always have issues findung one. Do you guys recommend this one?