BY CLEAR PROOF

The Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel* is the first step in the Clear Proof® Acne System. It deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores, and it gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities. Contains 2% salicylic acid.

Learn more about Clear Proof® here.

*Over-the-counter drug product

• I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it r...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser? 2 Answers
  • I originally agreed to have my 10 year old son test the product, ...1 Answers
Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • "I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it." in 7 reviews
  • "I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past." in 5 reviews
  • "Loved the foaming action of this, didnt need to use very much, a small amount goes a long way." in 5 reviews
Tanya G.
Tanya G.
Fresno, Fresno
Received as part of the Clear Proof Vox Box. Not a bad face wash! My skin is oily, acne-prone and not sensitive. I really like this cleanser and use both in the morning in the shower and at night after I take off my makeup. It doesn't dry out my skin, which is nice. I haven't experienced any harsh breakouts since starting to use this, so maybe this has something to do with it. All in all I enjoy it and will continue to use it until I run out, jury is still out if I'll repurchase, but I think it's a good cleanser.
Courtney H.
Courtney H.
Altoona, PA
I did not see any sort of improvement in my skin when using this. It also didn't really feel like it was getting my face to the clean point that I had hoped to achieve with this. I have never been a huge Mary Kay fan so I don't know. This has a nice foamyness to it but I feel as though the foamyness doesn't help my skin get clean. I'll feel a little oily after washing my face and want to use something different so I am not oily throughout the day or night time. Just wasn't my product.
destiny s.
destiny s.
Bedford, NH
I love this stuff! I've been using it about 3 weeks, with the rest of the treatment the smell is a little funky, but i can get over that. it works wonders. it really clears my face up and my skin feels healthy. SO glad i have the oppportunity to try this. i recommend using it at night time before you go to bed.
Alec W.
Alec W.
Austin, TX
I was kind of intrigued by the concept of a “gel” rather than a normal exfoliating type of cleanser. I’m not sure I like it, but it definitely does its job and foams up with a really small amount. A definite plus about tis system in the amount of product. In ProActive and AcneFree the Cleanser was only 4oz. Clear Proof is 4.5oz.
Angwai J.
Angwai J.
San Diego, CA
Amazing it's really mild for an acne medication. Never going back to those irritating washes!
Kati W.
Kati W.
Chelsea, AL
While I love the toner and moisturizer that go with this product, this is an interesting cleanser. It feels very mild when using, but obviously packs a punch with used in combination with the toner and moisturizer. It doesn't make my skin feel the cleanest like other harsh products, but it has cleared up my very minor acne and improved the texture of my skin.
Laila Ann R.
Laila Ann R.
Kingsport, TN
Clarifying Cleansing Gel
What I like:
- It has a clean, fresh scent that isn’t overpowering.
- Lathers very well.

What I dislike:
- It lathers…I know I said I liked that too. The fact that it lathers like it does I feel is “showmanship”. The general consumer equates cleanliness with how foamy a surfactant can get.
- The consistency of the cleansing gel. At first I though “Oh! This is nice because it’s smooth with no scrubby things. It’ll be less irritating!” I found that it didn’t leave me feeling clean at all. It also feels weird to the touch. Kind of like half-set Jell-O.
-Unable to remove my makeup. Lately I’ve been wearing fairly light make up; using a tinted moisturizer, under eye concealer, and setting powder along with blush, eyeshadow and mascara. I found that I had to take either a baby wipe or wet washcloth to my face prior to using this cleansing gel, or else the toner was doing all the work.
Erika R.
Erika R.
Birmingham, AL
It worked fine, but I wouldn't buy it because I didn't think it worked any better than the cheaper brands that are available everywhere.
Claire M.
Claire M.
Aztec, NM
Love this. I use it all the time. Is a must in my daily routine. Really did help get rid of my acne and the redness. You can feel it working. Use this at the end of the night after my shower and I help boost my confidence a lot and my acne is almost nonexistent. Really glad I found this product
maria p.
maria p.
Georgetown, KY
Extremely irritating to my skin. Gave me a rash and totally dried out my skin.
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone noticed skin irritation from using this? I'm on day 5 and I am getting little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
Kenna C.
Kenna C.
I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it really clean up your acne? Is it worth the price?
Lorissa A.
Lorissa A.
Is anyone else having issues with it drying out their lips? Or maybe its just me? I'm so cautious about getting it anywhere near my mouth and it still seems to touch them when i rinse it off even with my lips pressed together. Just curious because I'm not sure if this is normal and if i should continue it
Chrissy B.
Chrissy B.
Columbus, OH
Did anyone else break out a lot from this product?
Amanda T.
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser?