BY CLEAR PROOF

The Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel* is the first step in the Clear Proof® Acne System. It deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores, and it gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities. Contains 2% salicylic acid.

Learn more about Clear Proof® here.

*Over-the-counter drug product

• I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering d...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser? 2 Answers
  • I originally agreed to have my 10 year old son test the p...1 Answers
Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • "I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it." in 7 reviews
  • "I've been using the ClearProof for almost 2 weeks now. I noticed great results after my first time using it. It's really gentle and perfect for my sensitive skin. I have not had any breakouts since and my blemishes are beginning to clear up. I'm in love with ClearProof." in 6 reviews
  • "I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past." in 5 reviews
  • "Loved the foaming action of this, didnt need to use very much, a small amount goes a long way." in 5 reviews
Alison B.
I got the trial size of the whole 4-step clearproof system just to even see if I liked it. I DID NOT LIKE IT. Honestly it's a waste of money. I love everything mary kay, but this just wasn't cutting it for me. It did clear up all of my acne which is very good considering i have slightly severe acne and not a lot of products clear up my face. BUT! this dried my face out so bad i was literally crying because it was burning so bad. The next day wasn't as bad with the burning, but the dryness and flakes of skin coming off of my face did not clear up for about a week and a half. Worst experience I've ever had with a face wash system.
Elizabeth J.
I started using this product about a week ago. I like how clean my face feels after I use this but I would like if the consistency was a little more coarse. I had two pimple on my chin and within two days of use, they are gone.

The first time I applied this cleanser it stung quite bad. -I actually wondered if I had a chemical allergic reaction - the feeling was not as alarming after the first use. I could definitely feel the cleanser digging deep into my pores.

The downfall that I ran into was to make sure that this cleanser is used along side the clear proof moisturizer. It can dry out your skin if there is no moisture put back in.

I will add in that I am typically not a fan of Marykay products but I do like this cleanser a lot!
Mercedes C.
Allentown , PA
I received this product in the 4 step set from Influenster and honestly, the time when I started to notice my skin was clearing up was after I started to use this cleanser. Even when I would forget to do the other steps, this cleanser helped make my skin go from multiple blemishes around my chin and lower jaw to just some texture on my cheeks. If it wasn't for the inconvenience of purchasing through a Mary Kay rep. and the price, I would repurchase, but I just feel more comfortable getting something from the drugstore now that my skin is better.
Kristi M.
Revere, MA
I’ve struggled with moderate acne for the past few years. I mostly break out around my chin and forehead area. I’ve been using this complete system for the past 3 weeks and have seen major improvements. I tend to get very dry skin and noticed this did not add to the dryness which is a plus considering most acne treatments I’ve tried have just dry my skin out even more. I’ve also noticed it has faded some of the more prominent acne scars I have. Overall my skin feels and looks like it has very much improved. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from acne.

"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."
Lorissa A.
This stuff did clear up all of my breakouts. I used it for a little over two weeks even though i wanted to stop the first week. I used it once a day. And i used the moisturizer along with it i cut back on the toner and the acne gel. And this stuff made my entire face come off as a giant flake. Its cold here and i get dry skin in the winter. But in my entire life it has not ever been that bad. I excessively put lotion on trying to "fix" my face. I stopped using it a while ago and I've even switched to using olay moisturizer as soon as I'm out of the shower and I'm still having dry skin. Note that i quit using this a few days ago. Honestly i cant even wear make up... Its really disappointing i mean my face is clearer not perfect and i honestly don't want to leave my house. Id rather have my acne back than flaky skin. At least i could hide that.
Dana M.
Buffalo, Ny
Out of the entire Clear Proof Line I would have to say that this is my second favorite product. I originally was testing this product on my 10 year old son, but it irritated his skin too much so I decided to use the products myself. I like that this cleanser lathers up nicely and is easy to use. My face feels clean and refreshed after using it. I didn't have any issues with this product irritating my skin, but since using the product my skin has dried up a bit. I have notice a reduction in pimples where I am prone to break out. I had the opportunity to test this product for free compliments of influenster.
Blair S.
It's rare that I am able to find a wash that purely clarify. I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past. A small finger full can clean my entire faces even the oil spots such as my nose and under my chin. The one down side ( for most people , not me) is it leaves the face dry so you must use the moisturizer included after my face has dried. The reason I am fine with this is it gives me a complete clean feeling. I have a combination of oily skin and dry and this leads to a more even distribution of my natural oils as well.
Laurann B.
Atlanta, GA
I received this as a part of the ClearProof Vox Box. I liked the face wash! It has 2% salicylic acid in it which is what my normal face wash has (Neutrogena oil-free acne wash). The face wash is clear and applies easily to the face. The only downside is it is in a squeeze tube which takes an extra 30 seconds to use over a pump bottle. However, you are able to get that last bit of product out of the tube which you wouldn't be able to get to with a pump bottle. I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it.
Sandy P.
Irvine, CA
I received this along with my ClearProof Voxbox and I have been using this religiously everyday (except for one or two days of the week where I use natural ingredients to cleanse my skin) and it gets the job done. I never was a big fan of salicylic acid, but this is the first product that contains it to actually not break me out. But I'm not here to gush about this product. A little goes a long way, yes, and it's definitely clean up your skin. However, I have oily/combination skin and this product (in conjunction with the other products in the line) dries out my skin so much that it feels like it doesn't matter how much of the moisturizer I use. Though I wouldn't actually purchase it, I'll keep using it until it's all gone so I can go back to my previous skincare routine.
Rachel G.
Huntsville, AL
I like this product. It smells light and refreshing, and it makes my face feel clean and fresh. My skin is clearer, but I do still have a few breakouts every now and then. I do feel that it is somewhat drying and I definitely need moisturizer after using it. However, my face starts to feel oily a few hours after washing my face with this. If it were less drying and had more oil control, this product would be rated higher, but as it is, it is a decent face wash that does the job.

I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Lauren G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone noticed skin irritation from using this? I'm on day 5 and I am getting little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
Kenna C.
I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it really clean up your acne? Is it worth the price?
Lorissa A.
Is anyone else having issues with it drying out their lips? Or maybe its just me? I'm so cautious about getting it anywhere near my mouth and it still seems to touch them when i rinse it off even with my lips pressed together. Just curious because I'm not sure if this is normal and if i should continue it
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser?
Cecilia F.
What exactly does this product do, and how efficient is it? I'm always looking for a new product to test on my face to make it clear but always have issues findung one. Do you guys recommend this one?