BY CLEAR PROOF

The Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel* is the first step in the Clear Proof® Acne System. It deep cleanses skin to penetrate and clear pores, and it gently removes dirt, oil and complexion-dulling impurities. Contains 2% salicylic acid.

Learn more about Clear Proof® here.

*Over-the-counter drug product

• I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it r...4 Answers
  • Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser? 2 Answers
  • I originally agreed to have my 10 year old son test the product, ...1 Answers
Clear Proof® Clarifying Cleansing Gel
  • "I liked the face wash a lot and will use up the whole bottle but I don't find that it works any better than the $5 neutrogena so I wouldn't purchase it." in 7 reviews
  • "I feel this product has a hefty amount of salicylic acid compared to most drugstore brands that I have used in the past." in 5 reviews
  • "Loved the foaming action of this, didnt need to use very much, a small amount goes a long way." in 5 reviews
Alisa F.
Lebanon, TN
I have been using this cleanser for about 6 months ams my skin is super clear. I don't understand because my skin will not clear up no matter what you our oon it, but this worked ams all it is is salycilic acid. I just dingy like the price..
Vanessa L.
I just started using the whole set (w/ cleansing gel, toner, moisturizer, and acne spot tx) about 4 days ago and just w/in that time, I feel like it's made a great difference in overall feel & appearance of my face. I have mild-mod acne and mostly my T-zone are the oily parts. This set has helped to clear up small bumps, to even any redness, reduce appearance of previous acne scars and control my oil! Less coverage in makeup is needed now and I don't feel as self-conscious without makeup ☺️ I've read problems w/ the product drying out your face, which at first scared me because my nose is perpetually dry & peeling, but this product had the opposite effect. Perhaps some where just using the gel alone? Idk, but I'm assuming to yield best results, all products in the line should be used. Also, I want to add that I've been searching for a good AFFORDABLE skincare product. I tried drugstore ones (neutrogena, clean & clear, cetaphil, etc.) and had ok results but nothing compares to this set.
Laila Ann R.
Kingsport, TN
Clarifying Cleansing Gel
What I like:
- It has a clean, fresh scent that isn’t overpowering.
- Lathers very well.

What I dislike:
- It lathers…I know I said I liked that too. The fact that it lathers like it does I feel is “showmanship”. The general consumer equates cleanliness with how foamy a surfactant can get.
- The consistency of the cleansing gel. At first I though “Oh! This is nice because it’s smooth with no scrubby things. It’ll be less irritating!” I found that it didn’t leave me feeling clean at all. It also feels weird to the touch. Kind of like half-set Jell-O.
-Unable to remove my makeup. Lately I’ve been wearing fairly light make up; using a tinted moisturizer, under eye concealer, and setting powder along with blush, eyeshadow and mascara. I found that I had to take either a baby wipe or wet washcloth to my face prior to using this cleansing gel, or else the toner was doing all the work.
Kiki C.
Smithland, KY
It works so well with my skin. At first I wasn't to sure about but now I know I made the right choice by using it. I plan to keep using it. It was pretty cheap too and I for sure recommend it to those that have sensitive skin.
Alison B.
I got the trial size of the whole 4-step clearproof system just to even see if I liked it. I DID NOT LIKE IT. Honestly it's a waste of money. I love everything mary kay, but this just wasn't cutting it for me. It did clear up all of my acne which is very good considering i have slightly severe acne and not a lot of products clear up my face. BUT! this dried my face out so bad i was literally crying because it was burning so bad. The next day wasn't as bad with the burning, but the dryness and flakes of skin coming off of my face did not clear up for about a week and a half. Worst experience I've ever had with a face wash system.
Elizabeth J.
I started using this product about a week ago. I like how clean my face feels after I use this but I would like if the consistency was a little more coarse. I had two pimple on my chin and within two days of use, they are gone.

The first time I applied this cleanser it stung quite bad. -I actually wondered if I had a chemical allergic reaction - the feeling was not as alarming after the first use. I could definitely feel the cleanser digging deep into my pores.

The downfall that I ran into was to make sure that this cleanser is used along side the clear proof moisturizer. It can dry out your skin if there is no moisture put back in.

I will add in that I am typically not a fan of Marykay products but I do like this cleanser a lot!
Mercedes C.
Allentown , PA
I received this product in the 4 step set from Influenster and honestly, the time when I started to notice my skin was clearing up was after I started to use this cleanser. Even when I would forget to do the other steps, this cleanser helped make my skin go from multiple blemishes around my chin and lower jaw to just some texture on my cheeks. If it wasn't for the inconvenience of purchasing through a Mary Kay rep. and the price, I would repurchase, but I just feel more comfortable getting something from the drugstore now that my skin is better.
Kristi M.
REVERE, MA
I’ve struggled with moderate acne for the past few years. I mostly break out around my chin and forehead area. I’ve been using this complete system for the past 3 weeks and have seen major improvements. I tend to get very dry skin and noticed this did not add to the dryness which is a plus considering most acne treatments I’ve tried have just dry my skin out even more. I’ve also noticed it has faded some of the more prominent acne scars I have. Overall my skin feels and looks like it has very much improved. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who suffers from acne.

"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."
Lorissa A.
This stuff did clear up all of my breakouts. I used it for a little over two weeks even though i wanted to stop the first week. I used it once a day. And i used the moisturizer along with it i cut back on the toner and the acne gel. And this stuff made my entire face come off as a giant flake. Its cold here and i get dry skin in the winter. But in my entire life it has not ever been that bad. I excessively put lotion on trying to "fix" my face. I stopped using it a while ago and I've even switched to using olay moisturizer as soon as I'm out of the shower and I'm still having dry skin. Note that i quit using this a few days ago. Honestly i cant even wear make up... Its really disappointing i mean my face is clearer not perfect and i honestly don't want to leave my house. Id rather have my acne back than flaky skin. At least i could hide that.
Dana M.
Buffalo, Ny
Out of the entire Clear Proof Line I would have to say that this is my second favorite product. I originally was testing this product on my 10 year old son, but it irritated his skin too much so I decided to use the products myself. I like that this cleanser lathers up nicely and is easy to use. My face feels clean and refreshed after using it. I didn't have any issues with this product irritating my skin, but since using the product my skin has dried up a bit. I have notice a reduction in pimples where I am prone to break out. I had the opportunity to test this product for free compliments of influenster.
Lauren G.
Grand Rapids, MI
Has anyone noticed skin irritation from using this? I'm on day 5 and I am getting little tiny bumps all over my cheeks.
Kenna C.
I've been thinking about getting this but I'm wondering does it really clean up your acne? Is it worth the price?
Lorissa A.
Is anyone else having issues with it drying out their lips? Or maybe its just me? I'm so cautious about getting it anywhere near my mouth and it still seems to touch them when i rinse it off even with my lips pressed together. Just curious because I'm not sure if this is normal and if i should continue it
Amanda T.
Havre De Grace, MD
Did anyone else get extreme dryness for this cleanser?
Cecilia F.
What exactly does this product do, and how efficient is it? I'm always looking for a new product to test on my face to make it clear but always have issues findung one. Do you guys recommend this one?