Add a Photo

By CLEAN & CLEAR
#137 in Facial Cleansers
Here's a wonderfully effective acne preparation that requires no prescription: The secret is a 10-percent solution of benzoyl peroxide in a clear gel formula that leaves you free of tell-tale white splotches common to so many skin-treatment creams. You start with once-a-day topical applications, then move up to thrice-daily, if needed. Deposits acne medication where pimples start The same acne medication prescribed by doctors. MAXIMUM STRENGTH 10% BENZOYL PEROXIDE ACNE MEDICATION Available without a prescription! This acne medication contains maximum strength benzoyl peroxide.  The micronized benzoyl peroxide formula goes to work immediately, releasing the medicine deep into the pores where pimples begin.  It s the same prescription formula prescribed by doctors and dermatologists for over ten years, available without a prescription. ; Questions? SKIN-411 Note:
Photos (28)
Sophia R.
Sophia R.

Lately, it seems my skin is taking revenge on me when I eat 'junk' food, feel stressed, or even break a sweat (however this most likely has to be due to my age). The oils on my face, and the pimples that come with it, seemed impossible to control. However, ever since I tried this 10% benzoyl treatment, my pimples have eventually ridden themselves (with zero popping or picking), including those pesky underground ones! The oil products of my teenage skin have magically lessened up, and my pores even seem smaller (if that is possible??). However, one negative effect of this treatment is that it is VERY strong; a very little goes a LONG way. It causes occasional dry spots on my face if I get a little treatment happy, but it usually isn't something my moisturizer can't handle. Overall, I would definitely purchase this again, seeing as I am on my fifth container!
Amanda H.
Amanda H.
Tuscaloosa, AL

I don't normally get acne on my face, but I used a face product recently that severely broke me out on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I didn't currently own a spot treatment, so I did some research and found that this product was pretty potent for the drugstore. Well, I am shocked by the results! I have only applied it one night, but it significantly reduced not only the size of my blemishes but also the redness. It worked very well for bumps that had not come to head, so it is a good preventative treatment as you feel a pimple coming on. I have found that some treatments do not work well until the pimple comes to a head, but this is different. It can be very drying (it has 10% benzyl peroxide), so you do need to use this along with a moisturizer. Overall, I am very impressed for the $5 price tag!
Kelley G.
Kelley G.

An absolute must for my acne. I've been using this for years. It's not a gel but a white cream. You can use a a spot treatment for active blemishes. I use it all over my face because my skin is oily and the benzoyl peroxide can help fade post acne scars. It's drying so only use it once a day to avoid flaky, parched skin. With daily use, your texture will smooth out and even. I use this mostly at night because you're to avoid the sun or use a sunscreen. I like to use it under my makeup as a bit of a primer and it does the trick. I can find this at most drugstores, Target, and Walmart. I definitely recommend for anyone with inflamed acne. It will help dry out and heal the acne. I will keep using this as long as I have problematic skin.
Paula A.
Paula A.
Seattle, WA

After years and years of adult cystic acne this is the ONLY thing that's worked and it's completely changed my skin. I've tried everything, everything! It is super drying but for the first time in my life I can use moisturizer without breaking out. Put a small amount on, like a thin film on my face or problem areas and then I can put moisturizer, primer, wrinkle cream, makeup, highlighter on and I just don't get pimples. If I do it's because I didn't wash my face. On the rare occasion a cystic acne says hello it lasts half the time it used to. It's totally made my life better. It does make it a bit harder to stay tan using my self-tanner but it's a small price to pay for the clearest skin of my life.
Lena V.
Lena V.
Edinburg, TX

So I have been going crazy! For the past year I've been experiencing what I'm guessing is hormonal acne or maybe cystic acne but it's only one here or there but it sets up camp on my face for weeks and I've used other spot treatments that only seem to some what help out not help at all. Then I discovered this stuff...wow its a miracle in a tube! It shrinks zits overnight! It is very drying so make sure to have a good moisturizer and to be on the safe side I would start off with one application a day just to see how your skin will react to the product because the whole back label is basically a big ol warning sign...don't let it scare you though, like with any other product be careful 😊
Maegan S.
Maegan S.
Waynesboro, VA

This is the best acne spot treatment I have used. I have dry skin, but sometimes I get breakouts on my chin, around my mouth, and sometimes my cheeks. Before buying this, I didn't really do any spot treating on my breakouts (they start out as painful hard bumps) and they would last at least a week. Now, as soon as I feel there might be something forming, I put a small dab on the spot twice a day and they never last more than 3 days. It pretty much zaps them from existence before they can even get bad and painful. And it doesn't seem to dry out the skin there where it gets flaky. I will always have this on hand.
Kathy V.
Kathy V.
Davis, CA

This is holy grail material for me. I first discovered this product while looking for a spot treatment similar to Clearasil (which had been discontinued). It's incredibly strong: whenever I get a blemish, I dab this on in the morning and at night and the spot is usually gone within 3 days. However, because it is so strong, it is also irritating at first! When I first applied it, my face became red and inflamed for weeks!! Now that I'm used to it, I have no reaction at all but it's still just as effective at treating acne as it was when I first started using it 6 years ago.
Madelynn W.
Madelynn W.
Sherwood, AR

Persa Gel is an amazing product! Before I used the product, I had extremely bad whiteheads and blackheads all over my face. Now, I have very little. My complexion had cleared up all thanks to Persa Gel. The best part about this product is the price. It is so inexpensive, but so effective. Everyone with Bad acne should try this product. The only down side of the product is the dryness your skin may receive if you use the product frequently, but oil free lotion will cure that problem.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.

I use Clean and Clear persa gel 10 to spot treat my skin. The 10 is because it has 10% benzoyl peroxide (acne medication.) I usually put it on at night and wash it off in the morning. It helps lessen the size and redness of my spots. I find if I use it too often, it does tend to dry out my skin a little. I only put it on individual blemishes, I do not put it all over my face. It's really affordable, around $5 at Walmart, and one tube lasts a long time.
Maddie G.
Maddie G.
Durham, NC

I've been using this product on and off for years, nothing cleans my face up better. It dries your face out and makes you break out initially, but after that initial phase leaves your face beautiful and clean! There's hardly any smell. You just have to be careful to wash your hands after and be careful with your pillow cases and towels, it will bleach them. Amazing product, I would recommend to anyone who wants to get rid of their acne.
Saige C.
Saige C.

How long does it take to start seeing results?
Jessica V.
Jessica V.

How good is this product on acne?
Mo P.
Mo P.
Boulder, CO

How many times a day is normal to use this product as spot-treatment?
Jesusita L.
Jesusita L.

Has this dried your skin out?
Melanie M.
Melanie M.
Liberty, SC

Using this product now. Is it supposed to burn, not horribly painful but noticeable and a little bit of a nuisance?