Jackie M.
Jackie M.
Dublin, OH
I recently heard that the little balls in these type of face wash are not biodegradable so they are polluting and filling our water supply. Is this true? If so I want to switch face washes for the sake of the environment!
Syeda I.
Syeda I.
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
Ive heard that they are getting rid of the microbeads in face wash now
chloe s.
chloe s.
9 months, 2 weeks ago
They have now improved their products and are getting rid/replacing the products that used to have microbeads in them!
Jenna S.
Jenna S.
Lehi , UT
1 year, 9 months ago
I heard this about Crest 3-D white as well.
Candace N.
Tiffany O.
Leominster, MA
2 years, 1 month ago
Wellness Guru Expert Level 2
They fall a part and disintegrate when you wash your face. They do not stay together, nor are they plastic.
Mary K.
Mary K.
Fort Mill, SC
2 years, 2 months ago
They pop as you put it on your face.
Diana V.
Diana V.
Bayonne, NJ
3 years ago
Not with these. They are little orange and yellow beads that burst. Infact when you're washing your face you can see little streaks of orange and yellow until you rub it in.
Angela R.
Angela R.
Stockton, CA
3 years, 1 month ago
Ive always seen the beads dissolve and wash away...
Krishna M.
Krishna M.
San Francisco, CA
3 years, 2 months ago
True. Please don't support or buy these products anymore. Thanks!
Dominique G.
Dominique G.
Dieppe, NB
Sawyer N.
Sawyer N.
Sherwood, OR
3 years, 2 months ago
Yes they are so small that they don't get filtered out of our water. Plastic does NOT dissolve so it just sits in our water supply and poisons sea creatures. I used to use several products that had microbeads but I have cut them out completely and switched to a natural exfoiliator.
Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.
Hopkins, mn
3 years, 2 months ago
Yes, Some areas of the United States have banned these types of face washes because they have been found to not actually dissolve. I think that switching face washes for the sake of the environment is awesome.
Christine W.
Christine W.
Dayton, TX
3 years, 2 months ago
There are some products have plastic, non dissolving exfoliation beads. Apparently those are so small that they are passing through the water filtration plants and going into lakes. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/microplastic-pollution-in-the-great-lakes/
Nusrat M.
Nusrat M.
3 years, 2 months ago
They are not polluting and filling our water supply. The little beads are actually suppose to dissolve.
Blair M.
Blair M.
King, NC
3 years, 2 months ago
The little exfoliating beads are suppose to dissolve so I don't see how that could be accurate
Krystal R.
Krystal R.
3 years, 2 months ago
The little balls dissolve for me so I'm not sure that they are not biodegradable. I would research though!
marie t.
marie t.
3 years, 2 months ago
These little balls burst in water so I don't think that they are harmfull
Kim S.
Kim S.
San Jacinto, Ca
3 years, 2 months ago
They dissolve in the shower shower so I don't think there is any truth to it, it would be like saying your shampoo or soap wasn't biodegradable and polluting the water supply.
Keoammara C.
Keoammara C.
Providence , RI
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
It is true but for this product here the exfoliates are biodegradable due to their "burst" factor. However from this line do no try the other exfoliates.
Kailey K.
Kailey K.
Avondale, AZ
3 years, 2 months ago
I wouldn't worry either, the little beads in the facial cleanser are quite sensitive to touch and will burst immediately upon application.
amanda k.
amanda k.
vaughan, ON
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I think thats for other face wash the kind that doesn't burst
Margaret W.
Margaret W.
Fredonia, NY
3 years, 2 months ago
The beads burst, they don't stay solid when you wash your face. I don't think you have much to worry about :)
Damaris F.
Damaris F.
Brigantine, NJ
3 years, 2 months ago
This isn't an answer but I really had no idea about this! I have one now and I won't be buying another.
RoseMarie S.
RoseMarie S.
Fayetteville, AR
3 years, 2 months ago
It is true, yes. I love this face wash but when I learned about the beads, I switched.