Jackie M.
Jackie M.
Dublin, OH

I recently heard that the little balls in these type of face wash are not biodegradable so they are polluting and filling our water supply. Is this true? If so I want to switch face washes for the sake of the environment!
Jenna S.
Jenna S.
Dec. 1, 2015, 5:15 p.m.
I heard this about Crest 3-D white as well.
Candace N.
Candace N.
July 23, 2015, 3:45 p.m.
I've heard this too
Tiffany O.
Tiffany O.
July 22, 2015, 11:54 a.m.
They fall a part and disintegrate when you wash your face. They do not stay together, nor are they plastic.
Mary K.
Mary K.
July 13, 2015, 9:30 a.m.
They pop as you put it on your face.
Diana V.
Diana V.
Sept. 10, 2014, 5:37 p.m.
Not with these. They are little orange and yellow beads that burst. Infact when you're washing your face you can see little streaks of orange and yellow until you rub it in.
Angela R.
Angela R.
July 28, 2014, 11:05 a.m.
Ive always seen the beads dissolve and wash away...
Krishna M.
Krishna M.
July 13, 2014, 4:40 p.m.
True. Please don't support or buy these products anymore. Thanks!
Sawyer N.
Sawyer N.
July 2, 2014, 1:36 a.m.
Yes they are so small that they don't get filtered out of our water. Plastic does NOT dissolve so it just sits in our water supply and poisons sea creatures. I used to use several products that had microbeads but I have cut them out completely and switched to a natural exfoiliator.
Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.
June 29, 2014, 10:04 p.m.
Yes, Some areas of the United States have banned these types of face washes because they have been found to not actually dissolve. I think that switching face washes for the sake of the environment is awesome.
Christine W.
Christine W.
June 29, 2014, 5:36 p.m.
There are some products have plastic, non dissolving exfoliation beads. Apparently those are so small that they are passing through the water filtration plants and going into lakes. http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/microplastic-pollution-in-the-great-lakes/
Nusrat M.
Nusrat M.
June 28, 2014, 2:13 p.m.
They are not polluting and filling our water supply. The little beads are actually suppose to dissolve.
Blair M.
Blair M.
June 28, 2014, 2:06 p.m.
The little exfoliating beads are suppose to dissolve so I don't see how that could be accurate
Krystal R.
Krystal R.
June 28, 2014, 1:33 a.m.
The little balls dissolve for me so I'm not sure that they are not biodegradable. I would research though!
marie t.
marie t.
June 28, 2014, 1:19 a.m.
These little balls burst in water so I don't think that they are harmfull
Kim S.
Kim S.
June 27, 2014, 6:41 p.m.
They dissolve in the shower shower so I don't think there is any truth to it, it would be like saying your shampoo or soap wasn't biodegradable and polluting the water supply.
Keoammara C.
Keoammara C.
June 27, 2014, 1:44 p.m.
It is true but for this product here the exfoliates are biodegradable due to their "burst" factor. However from this line do no try the other exfoliates.
Kailey K.
Kailey K.
June 26, 2014, 4:52 p.m.
I wouldn't worry either, the little beads in the facial cleanser are quite sensitive to touch and will burst immediately upon application.
amanda k.
amanda k.
June 25, 2014, 9:33 a.m.
I think thats for other face wash the kind that doesn't burst
Margaret W.
Margaret W.
June 24, 2014, 11:48 p.m.
The beads burst, they don't stay solid when you wash your face. I don't think you have much to worry about :)
Damaris F.
Damaris F.
June 24, 2014, 9:08 p.m.
This isn't an answer but I really had no idea about this! I have one now and I won't be buying another.
RoseMarie S.
RoseMarie S.
June 23, 2014, 12:55 p.m.
It is true, yes. I love this face wash but when I learned about the beads, I switched.

Join Now