Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer
4.24 / 5 based on 8,318 Reviews
CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer combines oil-free moisture with a proven acne-fighting ingredient. It can help to moisturize dry skin while treating and helping to prevent breakouts. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Skin Need: Dryness, Pimples
- After you've cleaned your face, and your pores, you're ready for the finishing touch.
- Yes, this moisturizer, but it also has acne-fighting medicine in it, so go easy.
- Apply a thin layer over the affect area. Do this once a day for the first few days, then gradually increase to 2-3 times a day if needed or recommended by your doctor.
- But be smart. If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day, or even every other day.
Salicylic Acid (0.5%)
Water Dicaprylyl Ether Cetearyl Alcohol Glycerin Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate Dimethicone Dicetyl Phosphate Ceteth-10 Phosphate Methyl Gluceth-20 Menthyl Lactate Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate Steareth-20 Sodium Hydroxide Steareth-2 Fragrance Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate Lecithin Xanthan Gum Disodium EDTA Magnesium Aluminum Silicate BHT
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes.
Top Questions See all 458 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer
- "I love this product! It works wonders on my dry skin. I apply right after the shower and it makes my face so smooth." in 85 reviews
- "I first bought this a couple of years ago when my skin was acting up... I've since repurchased 4 or 5 times. It's so lightweight and lively on the skin. I have sensitive skin myself, dry cheeks and oily t-zone, and I find it truly moisturizing and mattifying. My husband actually loves it too. He has quite oily skin but says it feels tight after washing his face, so he pops a bit of this on and he loves it. Basically it does exactly what it says on the tin. The only downside is that it doesn't contain SPF, so I wouldn't use it in the mornings, but it's A-OK for night time! " in 55 reviews
- "This product is great for the winter when my hands dry out all the time. I was introduced to this by a friend when I forgot my moisturizer for a trip and after that, theres not much else that I'll want to use for my body. My face is very sensitive, so I don't use it there as much, or really ever." in 49 reviews
This is a really good option that you can find in most drugstores. I love the minty fresh feeling it gives my face and it seems to help with acne as well. I think it goes well with the rest of the clean and clear products I've used and it usually takes me a while to run out of the product, even though I use it twice a day: before I apply makeup and then before bed.
I can never say enough good things about this moisturizer! I have oily skin, with dry patches. I also have acne. Most other moisturizers dry my skin out, or do the opposite and cause more oil production. This moisturizer, however, controls the oil and leaves my face feeling soft and not stretched. I recommend this to anyone with acne and oily skin. It's wonderful.
I’m obsessed with this moisturizer. I’ve been using this moisturizer for as long as I can think. I’m still on the first bottle as well, a little (less than a pea drop) goes a long way. It’s apart of my nighttime routine every single day. 10/10 suggest and would buy again! Religiously swear by it.
I am 35 and live in Florida. I am an oily mess. And I do mean all the time. Do to my aging I do moisturize, but I breakout from everything. Even breathing. This is the only staple in my makeup bag. It is the singular item I continuously use (aside from castor oil for wrinkles) and have on hand at all times.
I use this in the morning before my makeup and in my night routine before I go to bed. I love how it feels and it's a very affordable and meets my expectations. will definitely buy again
Wooooo hunni, I have very oily skin and this moisturizer is the only one I have used so far where i don’t look greedy. I purchased it at my local Walmart and it is very effective. I feel like it does an excellent job
One of my favorite moisturizers especially before bed! It’s helped keep my face clear! It has that minty feel too! It’s probably like 5$ I believe. I got it at Walmart. I’m on my third bottle. 😊😊
I find that this moisturizer dries out my skin after just one use. I have dry/normal skin that usually isn’t bothered by a certain products. However, my skin does not agree with this moisturizer. Maybe it would work best for people with more oily skin.
Even though I’ve tried various brands, I’ve found this to be the best face mouisturizer, and it’s available at the drug store. No need to overpay for expensive brands when this also helps prevent acne and breakouts
So I started using this because I kept forgetting to bring my moisturizer over to my boyfriends place when I'd sleep over and this is what he uses. I noticed that every time I used this my breakouts seemed to go away over night almost. I invested in my own bottle now and just occasionally throw it in rotation when I notice my skin is breaking out
Q & A
Did you find this product helpful in clearing your stubborn blemishes?
Did this help treat acne, as well as moisturize your face?
Does anyone know if they still make this? I've been looking for it for awhile.
Does this help acne at all?
Is this moisturizer good for oily skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos