Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer
4.24 / 5 based on 8,327 Reviews
CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer combines oil-free moisture with a proven acne-fighting ingredient. It can help to moisturize dry skin while treating and helping to prevent breakouts. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Skin Need: Dryness, Pimples
- After you've cleaned your face, and your pores, you're ready for the finishing touch.
- Yes, this moisturizer, but it also has acne-fighting medicine in it, so go easy.
- Apply a thin layer over the affect area. Do this once a day for the first few days, then gradually increase to 2-3 times a day if needed or recommended by your doctor.
- But be smart. If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day, or even every other day.
Salicylic Acid (0.5%)
Water Dicaprylyl Ether Cetearyl Alcohol Glycerin Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate Dimethicone Dicetyl Phosphate Ceteth-10 Phosphate Methyl Gluceth-20 Menthyl Lactate Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate Steareth-20 Sodium Hydroxide Steareth-2 Fragrance Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate Lecithin Xanthan Gum Disodium EDTA Magnesium Aluminum Silicate BHT
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes.
Top Questions See all 458 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer
- "I love this product! It works wonders on my dry skin. I apply right after the shower and it makes my face so smooth." in 85 reviews
- "I first bought this a couple of years ago when my skin was acting up... I've since repurchased 4 or 5 times. It's so lightweight and lively on the skin. I have sensitive skin myself, dry cheeks and oily t-zone, and I find it truly moisturizing and mattifying. My husband actually loves it too. He has quite oily skin but says it feels tight after washing his face, so he pops a bit of this on and he loves it. Basically it does exactly what it says on the tin. The only downside is that it doesn't contain SPF, so I wouldn't use it in the mornings, but it's A-OK for night time! " in 55 reviews
- "This product is great for the winter when my hands dry out all the time. I was introduced to this by a friend when I forgot my moisturizer for a trip and after that, theres not much else that I'll want to use for my body. My face is very sensitive, so I don't use it there as much, or really ever." in 49 reviews
I wish I could give this product zero stars. This product is full of acne inducing ingredients. The first time I put this on my face it felt really weird and became drying on my skin. A few weeks later redness began to appear on my skin in the weirdest places like the sides of my nose and my forehead. Sadly I disregarded these warning signs and continued using the product especially for new pimples that would form. Furthermore, I caution anyone who has normal skin or combination skin,or even those who are looking for an acne cure please stay away from this product. I went from having normal skin with no redness and a few hormonal breakouts to tomato red sensitive skin with cystic acne. ( I was using various other Clean & Clear products while I was using this. I will review the other products as well)
I really enjoy using this moisturizer. It is perfect for acne-prone skin as it contains acne fighting Salicylic acid and a bunch of other good ingredients for your skin. I find that it is better for morning use because it is light and refreshing and has a bit of a tingle, and it also leaves your face feeling very smooth and hydrated, which sometimes is hard to find in acne-treatment products. Overall though, I love, and I’m running a little low so it may be time to repurchase
I use this every night after I wash my face with the clean and clear face wash. I love this moisturizer, it goes on super smooth and doesn't clog my pores or make my skin feel oily. It is a little on the thinner side, but if you want it to feel more thick you can just apply more. I also love how this has salicylic acid in it, I rarely ever get breakouts and I don't have a very extensive skin care routine. I just wash my makeup off in the shower with the face wash and then moisturize with this! If my pores are feeling clogged I will add in the astringent. I typically purchase this moisturizer at the grocery store or drug store, and it is very affordable. I have normal skin, not too dry and not too oily, not very prone to breakouts. I will continue to purchase this product as long as it keeps my skin feeling great! I would recommend this moisturizer to anyone looking for an easy skin care routine.
I LOVE this moisturizer! I have combination skin,so my face gets oily in certain areas. That's why I love that this is oil-free and helps prevent acne. It has like a cooling sensation when it's applied to your face. Very soothing. It's a great choice for anyone with oily/combo skin or anyone that struggles with acne or maybe even just has a little zit from time to time. Excellent moisturizer,excellent price!
This product Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer has been a life saver all summer. My skin has been so dry and living in the south it has been super hot. I love that it’s oil free, because sometime my face can be oily and dry. I love that it also helps and treats in prevention of any type of breakout or pimples. Not only that but it has acne medication in it while treating your skin it doesn’t forget to moisture which it leaves so skin feeling super smooth and soft. This is definitely a product that I would recommend to any preteens or teenagers super affordable and lite on the skin.
I used Clean and Clear as a middle schooler just starting to deal with acne. When I started to notice more bumps on my face as a college student, this was the first thing I tried. I felt that the product really helped to clean my skin but only if I continuously used it. I am also starting to look for products that are slightly less chemically based and that is the reason I gave it four stars.
This product is ok. I used it and although it says its oil-free, I felt like it produced more oil on my face causing me to break out more. I do this its a good product, but maybe just not for me. You can buy this in drugstores which is affordable and overall I'm open to trying it again, if maybe I had sample sizes rather that buying it and not using it.
The Clean & Clear dual action oil-free moisturizer is by far my favorite moisturizer it's a good price and easy to find since it is at most drug stores, at least the drug stores near me. My skin is pretty sensitive to moisturizers I have combo skin and oily T-Zone but I get dry patches this is the only moisturizer I tried that doesn't break me out. I love the way it feels on my skin when it is dry, it feels tingly and it just makes me feels like it's working. I also love how it is specifically for preventing pimples. I've had very minimum break out since I started using this.
This is a nice moisturizer if you have stubborn break outs! Personally, I don’t wear it during the day or under make up, unless i pair it with another moisturizer. Since the formula is made to fight acne, it is a bit drying so I typically use this at night. This is effective at decreasing the size of blemishes, I notice change the morning after!
I recently bought this moisturizer after a friend recommended it to me. Yeah, I do actually see a difference in my ache. I choose to put it where someone would usually put concealer. I’ve noticed a burning sensation underneath my eye areas. I’m not sure if it’s just because my skin is thin underneath my eyes or my skin may be sensitive to product there. Is this just me? I love that the pump has an option to lock. The product is more on the thinner side. I have dry skin and have noticed a slight change over the short time i’ve had it. I would definitely recommend.
Q & A
Did you find this product helpful in clearing your stubborn blemishes?
Does anyone know if they still make this? I've been looking for it for awhile.
Did this help treat acne, as well as moisturize your face?
Does this help acne at all?
Is this moisturizer good for oily skin?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos