Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer

CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer combines oil-free moisture with a proven acne-fighting ingredient. It can help to moisturize dry skin while treating and helping to prevent breakouts. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.

Recomended for:

Skin Need: Dryness, Pimples

• After you've cleaned your face, and your pores, you're ready for the finishing touch.
  • Yes, this moisturizer, but it also has acne-fighting medicine in it, so go easy.
  • Apply a thin layer over the affect area. Do this once a day for the first few days, then gradually increase to 2-3 times a day if needed or recommended by your doctor.
  • But be smart. If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day, or even every other day.

Salicylic Acid (0.5%)
Water Dicaprylyl Ether Cetearyl Alcohol Glycerin Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate Dimethicone Dicetyl Phosphate Ceteth-10 Phosphate Methyl Gluceth-20 Menthyl Lactate Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate Steareth-20 Sodium Hydroxide Steareth-2 Fragrance Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate Lecithin Xanthan Gum Disodium EDTA Magnesium Aluminum Silicate BHT

For external use only.
When using this product
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes.

• I've tried heaps of moisturises but none of them seem to work. Ha...5 Answers
  • Is this suitable for sensitive and acne prone skin?1 Answers
  • I have oily skin and want to try this out. If you have oily and a...4 Answers
Taylor K.
Conroe, TX
I use this every night after I wash my face with the clean and clear face wash. I love this moisturizer, it goes on super smooth and doesn't clog my pores or make my skin feel oily. It is a little on the thinner side, but if you want it to feel more thick you can just apply more. I also love how this has salicylic acid in it, I rarely ever get breakouts and I don't have a very extensive skin care routine. I just wash my makeup off in the shower with the face wash and then moisturize with this! If my pores are feeling clogged I will add in the astringent. I typically purchase this moisturizer at the grocery store or drug store, and it is very affordable. I have normal skin, not too dry and not too oily, not very prone to breakouts. I will continue to purchase this product as long as it keeps my skin feeling great! I would recommend this moisturizer to anyone looking for an easy skin care routine.
Te'Ashia W.
This a great, affordable moisturizer. Its not too thick and not too thin. I use this in my night time routine and it keeps me moisturized throughout the night. I like the fact that it has a pump which makes it easier to use in my opinion. The salicylic acid doesn't really do anything for my existing pimples. The only complaint that I have is that they don't have one made with benzoyl peroxide. Other than that, this is one of the best drugstore moisturizers.
Angela B.
Uniontown, OH
This is a good moisturizer for acne prone skin. If your using a high amount of salicylic acid products or benzoyl peroxide products I would not reccomend this moisturizer due to the fact it has 0.5 salicylic acid which could cause dryness if over used. If you use mild amounts of ingredients then it should be fine to use.
I use to use it until my derm put me on high dose of topical medicines for my bad acne. If your a teen this will work great for you.
Amanda B.
Spring Hill, FL
I have very sensitive and dry skin. I am always hesitant when trying new skin care products. I am a fan of Clean & Clear products and have not had any issues with their products in relation to my skin so I thought this one would be fine too. Unfortunately this moisturizer irritated my skin leaving it red and itchy.
Tori R.
This moisturizer is literally what I use on a daily basis. It doesn’t dry out my skin or hurt my pimples and it’s very gentle on my sensitive skin. This product helps a lot. I can’t go a day without it anymore. I’ve gone through at least 4 bottles. I’d HIGHLY recommend this to anyone with dry skin and acne.
Lanie G.
This product is an absolute lifesaver.  At one point, I stopped using it because I was getting lazy with my morning routine.  I immediately noticed I was breaking out and getting pimples again.  Using this product keeps my face feeling smooth, especially after exfoliating.  It gives my skin the elasticity that it should have while keeping it smooth and soft.
Ashley H.
Upland, CA
Bought this product on a whim during vacation when my skin was fighting dryness/acne.
Surprisingly super happy with it!
It definitely smells slightly like medicated lotion, but doesn't bother me.
I apply twice daily (morning and night), and have gone from 5-6 pimples at a time on my chin, to NONE.
I use no other acne treatments besides a cleansing face wash, so I have to say I have this product to thank for that!

It's not superrr moisturizing, my skin still has dryness issues. But for the first few hours after applying my skin does feel softer.
Applies super smoothe, quick drying, not sticky at all.

It's super cheap, and I say it works great for acne!
Can't beat that for the price.
allie c.
granger, IN
Good face lotion if your face is more oily than dry. I have combination skin and it really didn't help with the dry parts of my face. A good light moisturizer and I use it during the summer when my face isn't as dry! Would definitely recommend to others!
Payton P.
Boise, ID
I love this moisturizer! It is inexpensive and makes sure that your face stays hydrated! I use it twice a day and my face doesn’t get dry! I think that it is a little expensive but it is worth the money! I have bought it many times and am going to buy it again!
Shaye S.
This lotion is so gentle on my face. I’m allergic to a lot of face products and this is one of the few that is safe for me. I use only a little bit and it keeps my face moisturized for days. I cannot say enough great things about this product!
Ana I.
Is this a good product ?
Delilah  F.
New Zealand
I've tried heaps of moisturises but none of them seem to work. Has anyone tried this one? I think it might work better.
jennifer s.
Superior, WI
Is this moisturizer sticky or tacky?
Cydnie B.
Chandler, AZ
I have oily skin and want to try this out. If you have oily and acne prone skin, what was your experience?
Lorianne B.
Bloomington, IN
Does it stain clothing? Does it work better than the regular?