BY CLEAN & CLEAR #58 in Facial Moisturizers

CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer combines oil-free moisture with a proven acne-fighting ingredient. It can help to moisturize dry skin while treating and helping to prevent breakouts. It leaves your skin feeling soft and smooth.

Recomended for:

Skin Need: Dryness, Pimples

Direction:

• After you've cleaned your face, and your pores, you're ready for the finishing touch.
  • Yes, this moisturizer, but it also has acne-fighting medicine in it, so go easy.
  • Apply a thin layer over the affect area. Do this once a day for the first few days, then gradually increase to 2-3 times a day if needed or recommended by your doctor.
  • But be smart. If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day, or even every other day.

Salicylic Acid (0.5%)
Water Dicaprylyl Ether Cetearyl Alcohol Glycerin Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate Dimethicone Dicetyl Phosphate Ceteth-10 Phosphate Methyl Gluceth-20 Menthyl Lactate Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate Steareth-20 Sodium Hydroxide Steareth-2 Fragrance Neopentyl Glycol Diisostearate Lecithin Xanthan Gum Disodium EDTA Magnesium Aluminum Silicate BHT

Warnings:

For external use only.
When using this product
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes.

• Does it work well with dry skin ?2 Answers
  • I've tried heaps of moisturises but none of them seem to ...5 Answers
  • What's the best moisturizer to use if you have oily skin/...3 Answers
Clean & Clear® Essentials Dual Action Moisturizer
  • "I love this product! It works wonders on my dry skin. I apply right after the shower and it makes my face so smooth." in 85 reviews
  • "I first bought this a couple of years ago when my skin was acting up... I've since repurchased 4 or 5 times. It's so lightweight and lively on the skin. I have sensitive skin myself, dry cheeks and oily t-zone, and I find it truly moisturizing and mattifying. My husband actually loves it too. He has quite oily skin but says it feels tight after washing his face, so he pops a bit of this on and he loves it. Basically it does exactly what it says on the tin. The only downside is that it doesn't contain SPF, so I wouldn't use it in the mornings, but it's A-OK for night time! " in 55 reviews
  • "This product is great for the winter when my hands dry out all the time. I was introduced to this by a friend when I forgot my moisturizer for a trip and after that, theres not much else that I'll want to use for my body. My face is very sensitive, so I don't use it there as much, or really ever." in 49 reviews
Hallie M.
Buckeye, AZ
I recently bought this moisturizer after a friend recommended it to me. Yeah, I do actually see a difference in my ache. I choose to put it where someone would usually put concealer. I’ve noticed a burning sensation underneath my eye areas. I’m not sure if it’s just because my skin is thin underneath my eyes or my skin may be sensitive to product there. Is this just me? I love that the pump has an option to lock. The product is more on the thinner side. I have dry skin and have noticed a slight change over the short time i’ve had it. I would definitely recommend.
Nataly B.
I wish I could give this product zero stars. This product is full of acne inducing ingredients. The first time I put this on my face it felt really weird and became drying on my skin. A few weeks later redness began to appear on my skin in the weirdest places like the sides of my nose and my forehead. Sadly I disregarded these warning signs and continued using the product especially for new pimples that would form. Furthermore, I caution anyone who has normal skin or combination skin,or even those who are looking for an acne cure please stay away from this product. I went from having normal  skin with no redness and  a few hormonal breakouts to tomato red sensitive skin with cystic acne. ( I was using various other Clean & Clear products while I was using this. I will review the other products as well)
julia B.
I love this product. This is what I use every time I go to put on makeup. I usually always put it on after I get out of the shower. I love it. It does make my face clean and clear. I high recommend this! It definitely gives my face a good clean feeling to it. I love this brand overall but I’ve stuck with this moisturizer for a long time!
Anastasia S.
Sherman Oaks, CA
My favorite part of this moisturizer is that when I put it on, it instantly energizes my skin and makes me feel awake. Sometimes I feel dull and my eyes need something to refresh them and this makes me feel so much better. I use this every day in the morning after I wash my face or before I put on my makeup to make me feel awake. I do have acne-prone skin and I haven't really noticed this doing anything for that (it certainly doesn't make it worse) but I like how it is very light weight and isn't greasy at all. It's a perfect day time moisturizer.
Paige L.
One of my favorite moisturizers! Keeps my skin soft and clear. I haven’t had acne or even a pimple in months! The best place to buy this is Walmart, since it’s the cheapest. It is the third step in Clean & Clears Healthy Skin Routine. Even better? Clean & Clear is owned by Johnsons & Johnsons, one of my favorite soap brands ever! It is also a very good price for it’s size.
Taylor K.
Conroe, TX
I use this every night after I wash my face with the clean and clear face wash. I love this moisturizer, it goes on super smooth and doesn't clog my pores or make my skin feel oily. It is a little on the thinner side, but if you want it to feel more thick you can just apply more. I also love how this has salicylic acid in it, I rarely ever get breakouts and I don't have a very extensive skin care routine. I just wash my makeup off in the shower with the face wash and then moisturize with this! If my pores are feeling clogged I will add in the astringent. I typically purchase this moisturizer at the grocery store or drug store, and it is very affordable. I have normal skin, not too dry and not too oily, not very prone to breakouts. I will continue to purchase this product as long as it keeps my skin feeling great! I would recommend this moisturizer to anyone looking for an easy skin care routine.
Sarah A.
Clinton, SC
For younger skin or acne prone skin, this is a great moisturizer. It's very light and had just a little menthol to make skin feel tingly and refreshed. Its oil free, so there's no greasiness at all. It also contains salicylic acid to help with breakouts. Overall, very nice and affordable. I need more moisture now, but in my teens and twenties, this would have been a perfect pick!
Briana S.
This product is ok. I used it and although it says its oil-free, I felt like it produced more oil on my face causing me to break out more. I do this its a good product, but maybe just not for me. You can buy this in drugstores which is affordable and overall I'm open to trying it again, if maybe I had sample sizes rather that buying it and not using it.
Emilie T.
Kent, OH
The Clean & Clear dual action oil-free moisturizer is by far my favorite moisturizer it's a good price and easy to find since it is at most drug stores, at least the drug stores near me. My skin is pretty sensitive to moisturizers I have combo skin and oily T-Zone but I get dry patches this is the only moisturizer I tried that doesn't break me out. I love the way it feels on my skin when it is dry, it feels tingly and it just makes me feels like it's working. I also love how it is specifically for preventing pimples. I've had very minimum break out since I started using this.
Denise C.
This is a nice moisturizer if you have stubborn break outs! Personally, I don’t wear it during the day or under make up, unless i pair it with another moisturizer. Since the formula is made to fight acne, it is a bit drying so I typically use this at night. This is effective at decreasing the size of blemishes, I notice change the morning after!
Yacine S.
Newton, MA
Did you find this product helpful in clearing your stubborn blemishes?
Katie W.
Springfield, OH
Did this help treat acne, as well as moisturize your face?
April Y.
Great Falls, MT
Does anyone know if they still make this? I've been looking for it for awhile.
Taylor B.
Lafayette, IN
Does this help acne at all?
Alexandra  H.
Bridgeport, TX
Is this moisturizer good for oily skin?