BY CLEAN & CLEAR #8 in Toners & Astringents

CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Deep Cleaning Astringent for Sensitive Skin contains salicylic acid acne-fighting medication that treats and helps prevent pimples.

Skin Need: Oil, Pimples, Sensitive

Active Ingredients

Salicylic Acid (0.5%)

Inactive Ingredients

Water Alcohol Glycerin Isoceteth-20 PEG-32 Sodium Citrate Fragrance Propylene Glycol Dimethicone Propyl PG-Betaine Benzophenone-4 Algae Extract Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract Denatonium Benzoate Blue 1

• How does this toner work and feel on oily skin?1 Answers
  • What kind of clean does this product give you? how would you rate i...5 Answers
  • Is this okay for oily skin4 Answers
Clean & Clear ESSENTIALS Deep Cleaning Toner For Sensitive Skin
  • "The downside is that it is not meant for very sensitive skin (as mine) because it feels bitingly painful on pimples and sensitive areas, as it should." in 15 reviews
  • "I have oily skin and i find that when I use the product on its own after a few days it burns because it dries out my skin, but if paired with a moisturizer it works decently." in 8 reviews
  • "This works great i love how tight this makes me and i love how it just makes my face fill and it last along time and you get your moneys worth." in 6 reviews
  • "It's amazing to see how much make up is still deep down in your skin after swiping this stuff with a cotton ball over your face." in 6 reviews
  • "its not the best but for the price its really good use this everyday after I wash my face with clean and clear acne control " in 5 reviews
Dominique R.
Dominique R.
Pawtucket, RI
Oh. My. God. This is the best product ever!

Pros:
• Doesn’t sting
• Cleans deep within the pores
• Clears up acne and prevents future breakouts
Cons:
• The smell could be strong for some people, but is otherwise fine

I have spent years as well as hundreds of dollars trying to find the ideal acne treatment for me. I had cystic acne as well as massive scarring and hyperpigmentation. I would have a new breakout every single day. I tried drugstore brands, high-end brands, as well as sulfur-infused formulas, everything on the market but nothing worked. One day I was spending some free time at Target and I saw this product in a 3-step package (paired with the face cleaner and moisturizers by the same brand) on sale for a nice discount, and I figured I would try it out.
Monique P.
Monique P.
Dallas, TX
I have been using Clean & Clear's Astringent since my early teen/pre-teen years, and never realized exactly how much it helps until I stopped using it about a year ago. It doesn't get rid of acne or pimples completely, but it does help quite a bit. Bigger or swollen pimples will go down in size pretty quickly if you use this.

I've always had very sensitive skin. When I use some other types of acne washes, my skin can become really oily. This astringent actually dries out your skin, so if you use it you will get some bothersome facial peeling. Definitely use a facial lotion with it! The Clean & Clear Morning Burst face wash seems to make my skin the most oily, so I figure I'll try using this with that and see if they even each other out to make my skin less dry.
Lidia N.
Lidia N.
I didn't know about toners until maybe a year ago! I remember stocking them during my days at Walmart but I had no idea what it was for. Luckily a friend told me about it, so I bought me the Clean & Clear Deep Cleaning Toner. I'm a fan of Clean & Clear, and I like the smell of the toner. When I first used it my fave felt like it had been stung, I told everyone my face must have been very dirty! I don't usually have time to wash my face! But with this I try to wash my face at least once a day! You can't wash it too much.. I read somewhere that washing too much dries up your face. But with this toner, after you wash your face I've been seeing an improvement on those pesky pores and blemishes.
Natalie G.
Natalie G.
Flint, MI

I have been using this for so long and will continue to do so because of how well it works. I have extremely sensitive skin and haven't had any trouble with this toner. I use my clarisonic, then toner, and then moisturize. What some don't pay attention to is that this toner contains salicylic acid which is an acne medication used to treat and prevent acne/pimple prone skin. If you don't suffer from constant breakouts, avoid things with salicylic acid, especially toners and face wash. Instead purchase a spot treatment like the Mario badescu drying lotion. If you're battling oily skin, then buy a proper exfoliating scrub, toner, and moisturizer that is aimed for your skin type.
Paige V.
Paige V.
Gladewater, TX
THIS IS MY HOLY GRAIL TONER! That may sound so silly because there are so many toners out there and I'm sure there are "high end" toners? Maybe? I randomly picked this up during one of my impulsive Target trips and I have since gotten my mom, sister, fiance and father-in-law-to-be hooked on this stuff. It leaves my face feeling soo clean and fresh. I take my makeup off, wash my face with my feaux-Clairsonic and then use this toner and then I wait like 15 minutes before moisturizing because your skin feels sooo fresh and clean after you use this stuff that I don't want to ruin it with more product (Lame, I know).
Ariba A.
Ariba A.
Lawrence, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have super sensitive skin that doesn't get along well with most products. This is the only thing I've found that's mild enough not to break me out, and also does a good job of washing makeup and dirt off. I use this, then follow up with the sensitive toner just to make sure I've gotten all makeup off. Doesn't over-dry, which is important, as my skin is prone to over-drying from products, despite being oily. A little bit of this goes a long way, too, so you don't need to use a whole lot, and can get done with washing your face in like 30 seconds, too, and be completely clean.
you k.
you k.
I find toners to be terribly drying and unnecessary due to their usual high alcohol content. Alcohol and fragrance are two of the least desirable ingredients I look for in a worthy product for my skincare and beauty routine. I used Clean & Clear toner for years and somehow I now realize it is the reason I have developed problematic skin as an adult. Harsh chemicals applied daily to skin strip natural moisture and actually impair skin's ability to function properly. This causes damage and irritation to skin and thereby excels the aging of otherwise healthy skin.
Regina Y.
Regina Y.
Staten Island, NY
I've been using this toner for years ! It's so gentle on the face and doesn't dry it out like others do. It's a must have for me in my daily skin care routine . All you need is a cotton pad or ball and after you cleanse your face before you apply makeup or as a night time routine you remove any extra impurities while returning the pH balance back to you skin . It's important after you've stripped away all your essential natural oils from your face with the scrubs and cleansers ! Definitely gets the job done in cleaning it and keeping my face at its best state !
Catherine C.
Catherine C.
Tompkinsville, KY
I have been using this for probably ten years. It's one of the only things that makes my face feel REALLY clean. I like to use it at night to make sure i have gotten ALL the dirt out of my skin...and yes, it really gets the dirt out. I take a cotton pad, saturate it, and just rub all over my face (avoiding my eyes and lips) Even if i have already washed my face, the grime that comes off onto the pad is amazing. So I know it's getting deep down. Plus it makes your pores tighter and your skin feel softer. Follow with a moisturizer and tada! Amazing feeling skin
For a while I was buying Avon scribing facial masks and anti bacterial tone. When I ran or and kept putting off getting more I ran out to find something new. Clean and Clears Essentials Deep Cleaning Toner was what I decided on. The first time ib used it I noticed a difference! My son felt so clean! I usually break out a few times a month, but this product in particular kept it to a very minimal and super all time low! I would recommend this product to anyone who is looking for a cleaner that is gentle and doesn't leave your skin feeling dry or rough.
Olivia V.
Olivia V.
Gretna, LA
I never tried this but I use their products is it any good
Brenda P.
Brenda P.
Powder Spgs, GA
Will this work on older skin or it it just for young skin?
Maria C.
Maria C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How often can I use this??
kelly c.
kelly c.
Brampton, Ontario
I have extremely dry, sensitive skin. Is this toner drying?
Kassi W.
Kassi W.
Albany, OR
I have super sensitive skin. Anyone with similar skin have any troubles with this?