BY CLEAN & CLEAR #15 in Toners & Astringents

CLEAN & CLEAR® Essentials Deep Cleaning Astringent contains a maximum- strength acne-fighting medication that treats and helps prevent pimples.

Active Ingredients

Salicylic Acid (2%)

Inactive Ingredients

Water Alcohol Isoceteth-20 Fragrance Dimethicone Propyl PG-Betaine Benzophenone-4 Red 4 Denatonium Benzoate

Warnings

For external use only.

Flammable. Keep away from open fire or flame.

When using this product
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes.

• Dose it work how long till you see results2 Answers
  • Is this product good for dry skin.4 Answers
  • Would love to try this my pores are kind of deep and are a proble...1 Answers
Clean & Clear Essentials Deep Cleaning Astringent
  • "If this is too much for you or you have sensitive skin, They do have an astringent for you as well." in 10 reviews
  • "I have really oily skin and at the end of the day cleansing my face with this after I wash my face really gets all the bacteria and excess off." in 7 reviews
  • "I like to use this product in the summertime because it is a very light face wash and is cool over my skin. " in 6 reviews
  • "The only astringent I use I've notice my skin looks better not as shiny less breakouts I use it after I take my makeup off and again after I wash my face I find that this is the best method for me and the product works wonders" in 5 reviews
Victoria M.
Maricopa, AZ
I have mixed feelings about this Astringent. It does exactly what it supposed to do. Its a little harsh and the smell is very strong. It does cleanse your face and gets all the remaining dirt and makeup off your face after cleaning but it is very drying. I've been using this and the Toner for years and now I just use it for backup because lately, it has not only been really drying my skin out but my skin has started reacting to it. I even tried switching to their Sensitive Skin products and had the same issues. I've never had problems with dry or sensitive skin before but I can't say it 100% the product it may just be my skin. So I do not recommend it to anyone who has sensitive skin or very dry skin. If you do wish to use it just make sure you use tons of moisturizer after to hydrate your skin.

Daiana u.
STO ES BRILLANTE! Yo he tenido la piel propensa al acné desde la edad de 13 años y esta fue la primera cosa que he utilizado y de todos estos años más tarde todavía estoy usando. Básicamente Juro por ella. Se deshace de forúnculos, espinillas, pequeños bultos, cualquier cosa! Se limpia, se mantiene todo sin problemas. Se quema un poco si se pone demasiado en el disco de algodón, pero aparte de que este producto es brillante y ayuda a mantener mi acné en la bahía. Durante mucho tiempo que no estaba disponible para su compra donde vivía pero después me mudé y empecé a usarlo de nuevo. Ningún otro producto en el mercado se puede comparar con this.Literally no pueden vivir sin este (compro como 6 botellas cuando me dirigía a su casa para el verano, ya que no lo conseguimos en casa).
Dana P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
In the past year I relocated to Florida. The change in environment caused a drastic change in my skin. My face had become unusually oily. I started using Clean & Clears Deep Cleaning Astringent in congruent with the Clean & Clear face wash. It really helped with keeping the excess oil on my face under control. It applied on to the skin nicely without leaving an irritating or burning sensation. It was strong enough that it left my face feeling fresh and clean without over drying it. My face is somewhat sensitive so sometimes my skin may react to certain products I put on it. I love the fact that while effective the formula used with this Astringent did not cause any skin irritations. I would definitely recommend this for those with oily or oily to combination skin.
Katelyn H.
Midland, MI
This product has been a life saver! I began using this product in my early teenage years, around the time puberty set in and I discovered the magical world of cosmetics. I use it twice a day, once after my first face wash of the day before I apply my cosmetics and once again after the last face wash of the day right before bed. It has done wonders as far as fighting off blemishes caused by all the makeup and dirt that my face is exposed to on a day to day basis as well as preventing new blemishes from appearing! I also love how it clears unwanted oils from my naturally oily skin! I would highly recommend this product if you're looking for something inexpensive, that works well and keeps your face fresh, clean and blemish free!
Krupa P.
I have a love-hate with this product. I would not under any circumstance recommend this for your whole face, it is way too drying. If I, a person who produces enough oil in 30 mins to fry an egg, than anyone with mildly oily, normal or dry skin types definitely cannot use this. Only time you should use for you face is as a spot treatment on a cotton swab, it does work well for that. What I love this for is as a body astringent. Especially after waxing, tweezing! I tend to break out after I wax so I like to put some of this on a paper towel and wipe off my body after a shower or on a cotton swab for my eyebrows. I also use It the same way in the summer when I tend to breakout more on my legs, upper arms and back.
Kristina M.
Stockton, CA
I always find my self buying this been using this for years I would say 5 yr and works every time I swear by this it really works it dose clear my acne extreamy well it dose dry out my skin but that's why I recommend a moisturizing face cream right after this I love it and forgot to mention I have oily combo skin oily T zone dry cheeks and around the mouth even on my driest days I'll gently tap the product on my face with a cotton pad let it sit for a min or 2 then moisterize I don't recommend using this if your skin is cracked or extremely irritated and I'm dryer in the winter and more oily in summer hope this helps and one more thing my mom has dry skin and loves this just be careful with it
Destiny S.
Fayetteville, NC
I honestly love this product. I had been on proactive for three years and decided to get off it and this is the astringent i turned to instead of the step 2 toner of proactive. When i use this at night it literally eliminates any acne that I have. Even angry cysts are soothed.. it really dries out the pimple and you can feel the product cleaning out your pores. It is very strong, if you have sensitive skin i would recommend the sensitive skin version of this, which clean and clear provides. I only use it at night because it is rather strong. I have pretty bad acne and this has definitely helped clear me up or at least sooth break outs. Don't hesitate, its worth every penny!!
Nicole R.
I have VERY oily skin and I struggle with acne. I have been using clean and clear continuous control cleanser for about two years now, but felt I needed something more. About a week ago I bought this, and it has completely changed my face! My redness has gone away and I haven't had any breakouts since adding this to my routine. I use it on my entire face in the morning and at night. I also use it an additional two times a day just on my t-zone where I have the biggest issue with oil. It is very drying, so I do not recommend it for someone with sensitive skin. On the other hand, if you are struggling with oily skin like me I would definitely try it.
Emileigh P.
Works well for Combination skin. I use this 2-3 times a week so my skin doesn't dry out. Squirt a little Clean and Clear Astringent on a cotton ball or cotton pad and wipe your face, careful to keep out of your eyes, and you can see the dirt come off your face instantly! I am always a fan of Clean and Clear and this product isn't as harsh as using straight rubbing alcohol. For me personally Clean and Clear are the best over the counter face products, also a plus their products are easy to find and very affordable. (I pair mine with Clean and Clear Cream Cleanser and a facial exfoliating brush, which offers me smooth skin)
Liz F.
Nashville, TN
This product feels great after a long day, it really helps cleanse away the oils accumulated on a hot summer day. Whether or not it really helps my acne that much, I'm not sure because I do use it sparingly as it is somewhat harsh to my sensitive skin. I use it mostly on my problem areas (T-Zone and hairline) where I get a lot of tiny bumps. It is refreshing, but it doesn't smell very nice--which I suppose is to be expected since it is literally called an astringent. I do like that it is inexpensive and that I can purchase it just at my local drugstore. It also has lasted me a long time, since I use it sparingly.
Candice S.
Coleman Street, Southend on Sea
My face Skin can at times be sensitive. Will this be too strong? Has anyone experienced any side effects from using this product?
Christina J.
United States
Does this break you out??
Alyce O.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How do you ladies like using the clean and clear astringent?
Jessica Y.
Does it burn anyone else's face
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Do you like to pair this with any other clean and clear products?