Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,508 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
When I first used this product is was extremely amazed with how well & quick it actually works. I'm usually not a big believer on drug store items working that great but I heard rave reviews about Clean & Clear's spot treatment for acne & it was on sale at my local Rite Aid, so I decided to give it a go. It worked just as well as my Proactiv Plus acne spot treatment, but at a way less price. I would wear it under makeup, alone on an au'natural day, &/or put it on before bed. Either way it works. Its completely oil free and i see results within a couple hours and the most by the next morning they are either completely healed & basically unnoticeable or they are completely gone. Only thing that bugs me though is they don't really mention on the packaging is not to use too much. They do say to use a "small" amount, but that's an understatement. If you put it on to thick, especially if wearing under makeup, you'll definitely have a dry flaky patch where ever you put it on your face.
Honestly this product was really disappointing for someone like me who gets cystic acne pimples here and there. It did nothing for me and did not meet my expectations. It didn't even minimize the pimples or anything. Plus it leaves white and dry residue and in turn makes your skin flakey in that area. Don't waste your money
Greatest acne fighter! I put it on a pimple before I go to bed and when I wake up it's almost gone! It works so fast and well!
Whoever I’m breaking out, I would put some and the next day it would vanish. It gets the job done and it has lasted me a very long time. The price is very affordable and I would definitely recommend this to my other friends!
Did not see a difference with this stuff. I returned it. I would put it on my pimples and it wouldnt do anything to them.
Does the job and decreases the redness but doesn't quite work the miracles it should and is a little oily for my liking. Found the same product for much cheaper but if you're trying to stick to a brand or need something you know will do the job then definitely reach for this product.
I have used this product for years. It is a hit or a miss for me, depending on what kind of acne I have. I have seen more results with pimples than blackheads. I hope to eventually find a product that gets rid of all the troublesome acne spots.
It’s good. Nothing mind blowing but it definitely reduces the look of my pimples within about 2 days. I find it just as easy to not pick my face, and get the same results as I do with this. If you’re in pain, it does help with that a little.
This is an absolute favorite in my house for almost all ages and it great for on the go, in the purse, at night, in the morning and works even after applying makeup.
Have been using this for years. It works!! That's why I keep going back to it. And so easy to apply - great tubewith small opening so you can really control output and target specific spots
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos