Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,786 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
The last time I picked this up on the Walmart shelf I was in junior high and acne hadn't even began to be a thought in my head (mine didn't start till freshman year of high school). So I decided to pick it back up and see how it would work against the stress zits from and 18 credit semester. This treatment tamed any pimples that popped up but the redness and pain stayed for longer than wanted. The applicator worked well at dispensing the product without mess which is nice if something popped up while I was out and about. Overall I'll probably keep it in my bag but I don't think it'll be a repurchase on my part.
Purchased at: CVS
This has been my #1 go to acne medication for the past few years. Anytime I have a small pimple appear on my face, I apply this immediately. The following morning, the redness and swelling goes down right away! I love how it doesn’t make my face dry or flake like other acne treatments. Best of all, it’s readily available at most drug stores, but it performs like a high-end beauty store quality product!
This worked relatively well for drying out blemishes quickly, not necessarily an overnight fix but after a week or so the pimples visibly reduced in size. Since salicylic acid is an AHA, it can be very drying, so this should just be used on problem areas. I like that it dries clear. It does have a strong smell, but that dissipates after application. 7/10, will probably repurchase.
Purchased at: Target
I would definitely recommend this product!!!! It can help get rid of your pimples overnight or at most 2-3 nights. It even works well on the worst of pimples. When i got cystic pimples, it even worked on those. I put many people onto this and they cannot stop talking about it. My only downside is you may need to apply it a couple times per day, but other than that 10/10
The Clean & Clear acné spot treatment always does the job. In three days time I am blemish free! I’ve been using this treatment for some time now and it’s never let me down. It does dry out my skin so I literally dab just a tad on the spot. I have normal to oily skin so it must be super drying on someone who already has dry skin. Still, I would recommend!
This product works amazing to spot treat areas overnight for me. A little bit goes a long ways so this should last you quite a while, plus it is so affordable. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is looking for something to spot treat problems areas that come up. This product doesn’t dry out my skin as bad as others either.
Purchased at: ULTA
The Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment is alright but it dries my skin out tremendously. I personally prefer using the Burt's Bees Natural Acne Solutions Targeted Spot Treatment. I find that I have better results with the Burt’s bees product. They’re both around the same price.... both very inexpensive.
I used to have this when I was younger and loved it. I had my engagement shoot and had a couple under the skin zits that I was worried about so I decided to give it a try. I’m still impressed with this product! In hours the zits both went down in size. It also was not that drying like it use to be when I used it as a teenager.
This works wonders, I used it after showering and it quickly got to work. This is one of the fasted results I’ve ever seen with any product. I definitely would recommend this to anybody to keep in their purse for when you get unexpected acne anywhere. This is an amazing product. You’ll need to try it to see for yourself!
I have cystic acne and a friend if mine suggested I use this to help tame a recent break out. not only did it not help, it made my skin dry and itchy, causing more acne! I will admit, my skin is difficult to begin with so this may just be a personal problem, but it was still disappointing since I paid good money for it!
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos