Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,307 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I used to use this product a lot back in high school, along with the rest of the Clean and Clear collection. It is very affordable and available at almost every drugstore. It didn't make much a difference for me, but I've heard from others that it works decently well. The OXY pads have done a better job in my experience.
I don't tend to use this product everyday. I mainly use it when I break out with huge pimples that hurt. I apply before bed and by the time I wake up a lot of the redness/soreness has gone down. I do believe this product works decently, but I also think there's definitely better acne products out there!
This product does its job! It takes away a pimple in one day and does not seem to agitate it to much. The only problem I've had with it is the fact that it can burn a lot when you put it on and it can last quite a long time. I will not be repurchasing this product because of this but people with less sensitive skin might really like this!
Use this overnight when I spot an active breakout and the spot is usually gone or significantly reduced in the morning! I love that this product is clear and dries quickly so it is barely visible on the skin. Great at drying out spots and reducing redness, and awesome product for the drugstore price!
Did not work for me at all. Made my skin worse than it was. Carried on using it to see if it needed to get used to my skin. Did not work for me at all. I did not like the texture of it. Bought from my local drug store. Disappointed as other clean and clear products are amazing just this one not so much
muy buen producto, mi cara es super grasosa con espinillas ya que tengo un desorden hormonal que ocasiona esto este problema me ha llevado a usar mascarillas de este tipo y me ha prestado medianamente bien ya que si logro ver que las espinillas se secan un poco pero mi cara aun sigue grasosa =(
Didn't do a thing to my breakout, just sucked all moisture out of my skin and created a weird film even when only a small amount was used. If anything this aggravated my dry /combo skin. I would not recommend this.
I use this before bed (after all of my skin care) if I have any breakouts that have popped up. This treatment helps to calm the redness of the blemish and reduces the size. I'm just 2-3 days of using it, the blemish is gone and no red mark or acne scar is left behind. This is a good inexpensive product.
This is a great option for budget conscious shoppers. It's not too drying, either. I find it gives a shiny residue after application and is only effective on small, surface pimples. Unfortunately my kind of acne is hormonal and sometimes cystic, so this does nothing for me. The residue thing also turned me off.
This product was slightly disappointed for me, although it worked in the long run, it didn't have the 'instant' results that the product description states. It's great if you have a week to wait before you'd like the blemish to clear up - but for an instant fix, this isn't the right product for you
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos