Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,545 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with this product as sometimes the spot treatment does not do anything at all whereas other times, it does actually reduce pimple size, swelling and redness. In addition, I think the formula over-dries my skin; I have oily/combination skin and whenever I've used this product, my skin starts to peel off/shed. I have used other spot treatments that contain 2% salicylic acid so I don't think the salicylic acid is the issue as my skin has never negatively reacted to it before. The Clean & Clear website states "if your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day." I did reduce the number of applications however, my skin still started to peel so for that reason, I would not recommend this product.
I have used this product maybe 3 to 4 times but however I won't be using it again because for some reason I come up with more spots and blemishes but that's probably because of my skin because I have such such sensitive skin but it might work for other people who doesn't have as sensitive skin as me but this cream does give you lots of moisture but it's not very good for me.
I would rate this a 4/5. This product did help with spots that appeared. It helped with brake outs too. This product will sting if you have a open spot, so be careful and try not to open the spot before applying. Other then that, I would recommend this to everyone who is having unwanted spots Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
I put this on the occasional pimple at night and it is gone in the morning. The container is small but there's no need to apply a lot so the price is definitely reasonable. Would recommend for those in a few pimples, but it is a spot treatment as labelled, so don't latter it all over your face, hoping it will clear all of your acne.
Bought this for my spouse since he was having sudden breakouts. Tried to keep it as clean as possible but still the acne wasn’t going away. Bought this on a whim, and it worked like a charm for him! He usually doesn’t use products but now he’s hooked! Absolute value for money and something my husband won’t complain about buying haha
I tried the whole "Acne clearing" Line by Clean & Clear. Unfortunately, this just wasnt for me :( Whether the spot treatment gel, the moisturizer, face wash, nothing seemed to work! I guess this isnt ideal for severe, cystic acne. It might work for those small zits, but definitely not for those huge, painful, cystic bumps!
This treatment is at a miraculous level. It is totally frustrating when those grains finish with the even tone of our skin, and this product comes out in our defense to help us fade and definitely remove those horrible brown spots that leave us these undesirable granites. You have to be constant to see the results but without effort some will have promised results. A small amount and enough, applying it at night and letting it act we will have the best results. I use it and I will use it because it is my ideal help for these cases. Power clarifier, perfect packaging, super approved dispenser. No complaints Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
In the past I have had quite a bit of acne and spots and this product met my expectations.it was my first time using this product and I was pleasantly surprised by how much it helped.i would recommend this product to everyone and anyone.
this product works really well, the gel is really calming to acne spots and really decreases the irritation, it was worked really well and cleared up my acne. although the gel worked really well i would recommend the Clean & Clear® Persa-gel® 10 Acne Medication for oncoming acne spots - it dries out acne overnight!
i used to have acne everywhere, and all the time. as soon as one left my face, another two would show up. after using this product, my acne disappeared within a month and a half and i have bought so many bottles of it. it is perfect underneath makeup or overnight. i would recommend this to people with troubled skin
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos