Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,278 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I use this nightly on my pimples and it’s great. It smells nice and is never overdrying. I notice that my pimples are a bit smaller in the morning. It doesn’t take a lot, so the little tube lasts quite awhile. I have been using this product for years and will continue to purchase.
This product gets rid of my acne super quickly and I apply it to my problem areas I leave it on at night but I do not leave it on overnight I’ll leave it on for about 45 minutes and then I wipe it off and then I rinse my face off with some warm water which I know you’re probably not supposed to do but I just feel better that way
This is a good spot treatment to use whenever those annoying zits that pop up. I use this spot treatment the minute I feel a new zip coming in and usually when I wake up the next morning I have no more redness and the zit has disappeared. This does have a tendency to dry out your skin so only use a little and only in the affected area. I’ve also noticed that sometimes it’ll cause a burning or tingling sensation if I use a little too much in one spot; but I deal with it because this product really does zap away my zits and does so quickly. I like using a q-tip so there’s no worry of me contaminating and spreading bacteria from spot to spot on my face.
I do not have severe acne but, I do get quite a bit of pimples mostly on my forehead. I thought this would be a great product because I love most of clean and clear’s products. I’ve tried using it several times and it did not work at all. When I first apply it, it burns my skin very badly. If anything it made my pimples worse. After I wash it off in the morning my face feels extremely sensitive. I would not recommend this product. If you guys are looking for a good acne spot treatment I would recommend the one by clearasil.
It’s fine, I mean it’s a really good deal, I thought it was a good idea. Yes, it did meet a few of my expectations. Packaging was simple, yet pretty nice. Wasn’t too pricey, but wasn’t too cheap. It was actually good, I would probably buy again, it didn’t seem like a bad deal.
I used this product around three years ago it was very expensive and for the time being it worked. But I noticed after I stopped using it my breakouts worsened and I begin to get more acne scars and dark spots. I’m not sure if it was because I suddenly stop using it but it did not do my skin anymore justice. I would recommend this product if you need a quick fix but it’s not good for the long run.
This removes my acne in 1-3 days!!! It helps so much and I apply it 1-2 times a day depending on how dry my skin gets, but I would test how many times you should do it based on your skin type. My acne has reduced a lot and I appl you it every morning and night! Great product!
I’ve been using this product for a couple weeks now and I have noticed that it has reduced redness and the size of my pimple-it was a very reasonable price for what it does- it very much did reach my expectations since I have less acne then I did a while ago and I would say go ahead and buy it- it’s worth a shot! Of course this is only what it does on my skin it might work differently on other skin types.
This is one of the best from clean and clear. This takes care of pimples directly and removes them within 24 hours leaving no scars or painful swollen skin. I believe that everyone should try this lol. It's definitely one of the advance products in the clean clear field :)
I have used better spot treatments, but for convenience (you can find it virtually everywhere) it does the job. I’ve purchased it probably about 4x since my teen years, just because I can walk into Kroger and grab it with my groceries and it does a fairly decent job at reducing redness if I end up picking at a blemish.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos