Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,307 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
No skin types are the same, so I cannot speak for everyone. I have used just about everything you could think of for my acne. This product is one of a few that actually work for me. It does dry my face out a bit, but other than that it is pretty good.
This is really effective overall, but to see it truly work its magic apply it to acne that is just showing up. They aren't kidding when they say it will disappear overnight; mine did! Be sure to use moisturizer with it if you have dry skin like mine. Price is also great for a college budget.
I love this product because it actually works. It reduces the size of the pimple by half the next day. I usually use this before going to bed and if needed during the morning if I don't have to wear makeup. This is a nice formula too because it's clear. I sometimes use powder over it if I have to go out real quick. Not harsh or irritating at all!
This prodct is good. But I feel like every time I use it, I can't stop using it because they it would break me out more. I guess i have to try it on for a month or so I can see the difference. That's the only downside other than that it works fine
This is one of my favorite products for acne. I love that it is on the cheaper side as well. I am very acne prone and I find that using this where I feel a pimple coming on or when I have one already really helps reduce redness, and size as well.
This is a great product, It is great at helping reduce pimple size and severity. I would only recommend for use at night, as it can be a little harsh and you do get a very slight stinging sensation that does not last long. It is very effective.
My friend recommended it to me, but it didn't work for me. I have combination very sensitive skin and my skin got irritated and red wherever I applied the gel to pimples. I gave this treatment to my mom and she loves it. Not going to purchase it in the future.
This is the best drugstore acne spot treatment i have ever tried hands down. this treatment tingles in your pores and vanished zits and piples. this is great to apply after you wipe away your makeup and wash your ace, you can go to bed and your minor acne will be gone with in a couple of uses. i actually need to go pick some up from walmart.
I use this product almost everyday, I think it takes about 3 days for a new pimple to start drying out. But I use this repeatedly for days after I start noticing pimples coming in. This has to be used repeatedly to work, not just for only 1 day
I used this product in high school and loved it!! it was awesome to have on hand. I do not think it worked as fast as it said it does but it does work much better then some of the others I have seen. I always go back to Clean and Clear when needed
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos