Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,309 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I have been using this product for years. Its not the best spot treatment I have ever used but it is effective and definitely does its job. I wouldn’t go out of my way to recommend this but if it fits your needs then it would be worth the purchase.
This acne treatment is one of the best drugstore products i've tried. For the price, it does the job well without drying out my skin. Another perk is that it's clear so you could rub it in and wear it throughout the day or even under makeup. I always see a difference in the size of my acne when i wear this, especially when i put it on overnight.
I have been using this product since I was a teenager, and have repurchased time and time again. After the first application, the next morning my pimple is no longer sticking out from my face. It is flat. After 3-4 days the pimple is basically gone! It doesn’t dry my skin out and cause flaking like other products similar to this. This is a great product especially for the price and it has never disappointed me!
For someone who scars easily after breakouts, I thought I’d give this product a try, I used it for about a month and noticed a slight difference in my acne scarring but not much. I felt my skin get dry after leaving the product on for a while. The reason for the three stars is because it is effective, it just takes quite a bit of time to see results.
I use this for spot treatment on stubborn cystic acne and on zits I can see starting to form. It does ana among job of drying out existing acne and reducing it in size and redness. My only complaint is it is hard to use in public because when it dries it kind of peels. So unless I'm conscious of it, I have a dry-looking peeling layer on top of my ace.
Giving this product 4/5 stars because some days it wants to work and some days it does not. Everyone has different skin types and mine is the type to just break out randomly in all different spots. If i use it to many days in a row the spot I put it on dries out and leaves my skin with a red patch. I really do like clean & clear products but this one is just eh to many.
My holy grail!!! This stuff takes off any zit that I have in a day a or two!! I really recommend for anyone who is struggling with acne. I also use it underneath my makeup since it is a clear gel.
I disliked this product because of many reasons. First the medication itself was very expensive for a small amount. When I used it, it burned my skin and made my acne worse. It didn’t not relieve me of acne but made it much worse. I don’t know if I had an allergic reaction or not, but this was a disappointment because I love you’re products!!
Great price. Sadly, the product dried out my skin around the area of application. I have combination skin and feel that could’ve played a factor in my issue but it wasn’t great for me.
If I could give this product 100000 stars I would! This is FANTASTIC for those nasty break outs! It is seriously my life saver that I have one of these in almost every item I own (car, purse, school backpack, etc.)
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos