Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,303 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I like this product. It takes time for it to work, but it works. It's very drying, way more than I'm used to with other products. If you use it with a really good moisturizer, it shouldn't be a problem.
This product worked for me but I hate the dark scars they leave behind. I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this but it's definitely not worth it. I rather have my pimple take its own course than have dark acne scars all over my forehead. I eventually stopped using this product.
Been using this for years. It doesn't make acne disappear, but rather dries out the skin which caused a scab to form and pulls the gunk to the surface. When the scab is ready to fall off, it's usually pretty easy to get rid of the whitehead then. Takes a while to work on me, though.
I don't get a lot of break outs, just a little bump every once in a great while. But when I do get one I just put a little dab of this on it before I go to bed and when I wake up it's just about gone. Sometimes I'll have to do it two nights in a row. But it works really great for me!
I've been using this stuff on and off for at least 6 years. It is definitely effective but I never liked that it leaves a sort of greasy film on the area that it's been used, no matter how little of the product I apply. It also smells very strong at first, but that fades quickly.
When I sense that there's a large pimple coming, I apply this product hoping that it would help with the course of growth but it does not. I think all it does is taking away the redness. If the pimple has an opening, I feel like it actually seals it off and turning the pimple into a large, hard and no-exit pouch under your skin.
This product never did much of anything for me, except make my skin dry. Didn't get down under the skin enough to get at my actual acne. I have cystic acne, so it's not just right on the surface like your most common types. I've always needed prescription-strength acne treatments.
I've found that this product works better for me than the Lush Grease Lightning that I was using before. This product works quickly and it's perfect for over night spot treatment. It's a small container, but it has lasted me forever. I would recommend this to anyone who gets blemishes, but not for those who suffer from severe acne.
I'm actually currently in the middle of using this product and I really think I see a difference in my breakouts. My only problem with it is if I try to wear it during the day under makeup- it balls up and flakes off during the application of any foundation / moisturizer / primer.
I have bad acne so I use Clean & Clear Advantage 3 Step to keep it in control. I use the spot treatment almost every day. At night when I use it, by the time I wake up the next morning the pimple is way less red, and with one more use the pimple is gone. Love this spot treatment!
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos