Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,315 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate how inexpensive this is? (Plus it's easy to find.) And let's not also forget that this stuff really works. As in, really works, unlike a lot of other affordable acne treatments. Sometimes a new spot will pop up on my face, and all I do is apply this to it. By the end of the day (or the next morning, depending on severity), it's basically gone. Plus, it doesn't burn my skin, which a lot of other treatments do. I have no other words: This is amazing.
This is a great product. I feel like some breakouts its better than others but overall i still would recommend this product. It does the trick and if you catch the pimple or spot before it appears it will work. The only downfall is that i always receive a dark mark/scar from it
I always have a tube of this on hand even though I don't have many breakouts anymore. When I do get some spots coming on, all it takes is a small amount of this stuff at night, under my regular regimen, to wake with a significantly reduced breakout; sometimes it's completely gone. I never have any issues like burning or irritation and this stuff just works.
When i first bought it, i was a little skeptical of the product seeing how i have tried everything that gave no improvement. Clean & Clear did not fail to disappoint. The next day my pimple was not it's own planet anymore. It was notably smaller, less puffy, less red etc. I was amazed. One thing you do have to note is that it DOES take time, tops 2 days, for the pimple to be completely gone. You have to be patient :)
This is the best product ever! I always have it on hand! If you have a break out put it on a few times that day and it will already be clearing up the next day! The tube is small but will last you forever!!!! Well worth the $7.00. Highly recommend this product!
I've used this several times and I've noticed the next day my acne spot isn't as red or near as big. It doesn't make it disappear but it definitely does help the appearance of it and shrink it within one day. By using it for three days it near about gone.
I very rarely get pimples - I was lucky enough to never go through that awkward teenage pimple phase. Every once and a while I do get a pimple and when I do, it's HUGE and awful. A friend recommended this to me and after 1 (sometimes 2) applications of this product, it dramatically reduces the size of it and it disappears within 24 hours. This is a life saver!
I know people who use this and love it, but I think it's more for people who just get the occasional pimple every now and then. Works very well for adult acne - my mom uses it and it works for her. But didn't work for me when I tried it during high school.
I swear by Clean & Clear's face wash and Acne Spot Treatment. It comes in incredibly handy for any breakouts that come my way, and does a good job of either stopping breakouts or reducing their recovery time without being too drying on the skin.
I used this product a couple of times. For me, it didn't personally do what I had expected it to. I have dry to normal skin, but I have moments where I get oily and break out. And when I break out, I get zits under the skin that take about a week to week and a half to come to the surface. I thought this product was going to help resolve this.. it did not.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos