Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,309 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I use this product on the go and every night before bed to help with those nasty pimples on my face. I would recommend using this product if you have dry skin like me and are on the go a lot. I would not recommend putting it on before you put your makeup on though because the results will not be as good. Great product!
I definitely like this stuff. I have used it as needed when I have been under stress and BAM there comes a brekout. This stuff is very good at calming humongous red, imflamed blemishes. I usually put it on right after i wash my face before bed and let it work its magic all night long and then by the morning there is a drastic improvement. The tube says use 1-3 times a day so if I get a very bad breakout, I immediately wash my face and start using when I get home in the evening and wash again and apply again before bed.
This stuff works wonders on my pimples! My skin is relatively clear, but this helps so much! It doesn't dry out my skin around it, and I'm able to use it multiple times a day to get rid of my pimples. After just one day I can see them get smaller, and they're pretty much gone after three. It's a great spot treatment!
This product is defiantly without a doubt my favorite acne treatment product that I’ve ever used! I put it on before bed after I’ve washed my face and I’ll apply it to any little blackheads or pimples I notice and I’m telling you, you can feel it working right away! When you wake up the pimple will be gone I promise. This product is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone!!
I really like this particular spot treatment because it noticeably reduced my breakouts after a few hours without it being too harsh on my skin. This is pretty expensive though, about $7-$10 dollars and if you can afford it, get it! I’ve only purchased once so far but I’m looking forward to buying again in the future
Used this product as a teenager. I'm surprised it's still on the market, as it wasn't particularly effective. I used a handful of times and gave it away. I bought it at a CVS so it was cheap, but it dried my skin out. For anyone with dry skin, avoid. And those with oily-dry skin like mine, definitely avoid in winter.
I like to use this product when I'm having a bad break out right before that time of the month. It works really well at taking care of those pesky zits but the only downside is that it burns when I first apply it and is a little sticky after it is dried down. Otherwise, it's a great acne solution for random breakouts.
I think I set my expectations a little high or maybe it wasn't the right product for me. I have tried this a few different times and I have had poor results--no change in the blemish. I may be open to trying again in the future but as of now I will not be using it. And I will not be recommending this product to anyone.
This was way too much for my sensitive skin. Even though I put a tiny amount right on the blemish, the area around the blemish broke out in an irritated rash. After 1 use my skin was red, irritated, and dry for days. My skin is oily and I very rarely deal with dryness and peeling but this caused dryness and peeling.
I have been using this for years and one tube lasts me a long time and I love this stuff. It honestly really works and I was so skeptical because I thought if stuff like this worked then why didn't everyone use it? I have no idea why more people don't. I see a change with my pimples over night if not already gone
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos