Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,274 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
Best acne treatment I've had- gets rid of bumps overnight! Super effective and worth the buy- target, Walmart, and drugstores will have it in their skincare sections. I've rebought lots of time for those aggravating pimples!
This spot treatment has been a great and quick way to banish my blemishes. i apply it as the first step after cleansing, as BHAs work best directly onto skin so it doesn't have to penetrate other layers of skincare items. it does its job, so long as you keep up with your routine and applying it throughout the day as needed. it's not going to immediately make your acne disappear but it will speed up the process. it's also super affordable!
I liked the price of this product and what it is supposed to achieve however I did not find any results from continued use of this product. I purchased it at a local pharmacy store and it definitely has room for improvement!
This spot treatment is amazing!!! It literally dissolved my pimples overnight. It seriously only takes one day for your blemish to go away, and for me I didn't even have to apply it multiple times like the bottle says. I only applied it once in the morning before my makeup (I know I can't believe it even worked since I used it under my makeup) and then the next morning my pimple was gone. Definitely worth getting and only about $8 at CVS!
I really like this acne product, I wash my face twice a day but still get a zits here and there in different areas. When I see one starting to form I use this and it really does seem to clear up the spot in a day or two (I normally use the cream twice a day after I've washed my face). You really can't beat the price as well. I don't have sensitive or very dry or oily skin so I'm not sure how this product works for more extreme facial needs.
If you follow the directions (apply twice a day) the product works fine for its price and quality. If you're looking for an instant repair for your skin, this is not it.
This doesn’t work as well as my peroxide cream that I buy from the Kaiser pharmacy over the counter. This one has a strange smell and doesn’t reduce my pimples very well.
THE BEST SPOT TREATMENT!! I use this whenever I see or feel a pimple forming at night and by the time I wake up, the redness is gone and sometimes it stops the pimple before it even starts! I love this stuff!
This is my go to spot treatment, as my skin reacts best to salicylic acid. Easy to use, apply after washing face and moisturizing. Can be a little drying if used alone
This is a great drugstore alternative for an acne treatment. For my skin, this definitely works overnight for me and I would recommend anyone with acne prone skin with breakouts to try this.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos