Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,504 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,688 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
This spot treatment is ok but if you have a hurried lifestyle and you need stuff that works quickly this is not the product for you. It’s takes about 3 days for it to actually dry out the pimple. It’s just not the best.
I love this stuff! I use this as a spottreatment for all of my pimples, especially the deep painful pimples. This makes them less irritated and makes them go away overnight. It can be drying, so use wisely.
Spot treatments are really hard for me. My skin builds up a tolerance to products very quickly. This was effective at first and then quickly became ineffective. What I find that’s most helpful with me skin is to find a spot treatment that works well at first, like this one, and alternating it every other night with a different spot treatment that has different ingredients. That way every other night it’s different. It helps my break outs stay at bay and my skin not built up a tolerance.
Love this. Drugstore still has good products even though some of the higher end brands make products that perform faster. The end results are still the same. This works just as well & just as fast. Yay drugstore.
I’ve had great results with this. It’s s perfect spot cream, usually works fairly quick to get rid of any bump that may start popping up. I’ve used it for years and trust it to do its job, which it usually does.
Although I really like this for larger, painful pimples, it is very drying and smells like alcohol. It is sort of a last resort product for me when I really need to make a large pimple go away. It is very drying.
This left my skin irritated and dry. The ingredients are probably horrible for your skin. It was so disappointing because I was told to try this but I just wasted my money. They should improve on the ingredients
I’d give it 4 out of 5 . Once my skin gets used to the treatment , it stops working as well as it did the first time . I usually only use it once or twice , stop for a while . Then use again so I can take advantage of the great use “the first time”
I put this on any of my pimples over night and by morning the pimple is basically gone. I was recommended this by a friend and now I recommend it to all my other friends. It really works and is a real lifesaver!
I LOVE this spot treatment. I use it right before bed on any big spots that randomly have come up and the next morning it’s always almost completely gone if not completely gone. I would definitely recommend this product.
Q & A
Does it dry out the face?
Does it irritates the skin?
I have been wanting to try this product for awhile, how well does it work for current acne, as well as acne scars?
Is this good?
Is this a good product? I have struggled with acne for years now. And nothing I have used works.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos