Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
4.05 / 5 based on 10,292 Reviews
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,687 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
I've tried lots of things for my acne, and while this product is not a life-time fix, it has definitely helped clear my oil clogs and helped flatten out my skin. It dries out your skin a little bit, but that's to be expected. I would highly recommend this
Works great! A reliable treatment for the occasional spot. Its active ingredient is salicylic acid, so it's not meant for patches of acne. Usually works within three days. With prolonged use (3+ days), it can cause drying. It's very affordable and it works, so no need to buy a pricier product; this is my go-to.
This is my immediate go to product. If I feel a zit coming on, if I have a red mark, I use this and it goes away almost overnight! It's a great value - you get a good amount of product that lasts you so long and it is such a reasonable price. I love it!
This is a really strong spot treatment if you're looking for one to help aid in diminishing cystic acne. I've been using it for a while and I can see a visible difference in the redness and size after just using it overnight. It's a really great product
I use this product whenever I find spots or pimples on my face. Is is great and does not overly dry out the skin. It is a great bang for your buck and I would definitely recommend this product to all. I stick with this product because I like it so much.
This spot treatment does the job. However i do not recommend using it a lot it is very drying so use only when needed. This product is perfect when a pimple pops up the day before an event and you need it gone! i will definitely be purchasing it again!
It didn’t get rid of my pop- up pimples and it only made my skin really really dry. It might not have worked on me because I have sensible skin and maybe that’s why, so if you have sensible oily dry skin DON’T BUY IT! Also Clean & Clear is overpriced
I swear by this on the spot acne treatment. I put a little gel on the spot where I feel a pimple forming twice a day and the pimple literally vanishes! It’s affordable and found at most drug stores. It dries out the area a bit but it’s worth it for no blemishes!
I used to use this product every day a few months ago prior to seeing my dermatologist. The spot treatment kept my acne controlled prior to getting prescription medication. At times it would dry my face out so it was essential to use it only when needed.
I don't get pimples very often but this product is great for the once in a whiles. This it was very effective and I'd use it again if needed. Spot treatment at it's best. It's easy to find at CVS and priced well. It really works and helps with pimples.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos