Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- The second you put it on, the powerful gel with breakthrough technology starts to dissolve surface oil on the skin.
- With oil out of the way the clinically proven acne medicine can then penetrate pores.
- The medication starts to clear pimples immediately, with maximum strength 2% Salicylic acid.
- Pimples are reduced in size, swelling and redness, and the formula won’t over-dry your skin.
- Voila! Pimple looks better. Now get out there and have some fun!
Skin Need: Oil, Pimples
- Because this is a medicine, it’s super important to start with clean skin.
- So wash your face then apply a thin layer over your face. You can do this up to 3 times a day.
- If your skin starts to dry out or peel, reduce your use to once a day.
Salicylic Acid (2%)
Water SD Alcohol 40-B Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water Polyacrylamide Glycerin C13-14 Isoparaffin Cyclopentasiloxane C12-15 Alkyl Lactate Alcohol Laureth-7 Phenoxyethanol Cetyl Lactate PPG-2 Isoceteth-20 Acetate Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate Polysorbate 20 Phenethyl Dimethicone Fragrance Dehydroxanthan Gum Propylene Glycol Benzalkonium Chloride Ammonium Hydroxide Tetrasodium EDTA Butylene Glycol Capryloyl Glycine Sarcosine Cinnamomum Zeylanicum Bark Extract Cedrus Atlantica Bark Extract Portulaca Oleracea Extract
For external use only.
When using this product
- Skin irritation and dryness is more likely to occur if you use another topical acne medication at the same time. If irritation occurs, only use one topical acne medication at a time.
- Rinse right away with water if it gets in eyes
Top Questions See all 1,791 Q&A
Clean & Clear® Advantage® Acne Spot Treatment
- "honestly i like this prodcut and it does help get rid of pimpples but it peels your skin and leaves the area very dry and if i put makeup over it it just looks ugly but it does what it says it would" in 51 reviews
- "this worked wonders for me but i found after a while of using it stopped working for me?im not sure if i used it too much that my skin got used to it or what but it works great it didnt dry out my skin or anything and it did what it claimed to do!" in 47 reviews
- "I used these clean and clear product when i have a big zit..it sting when applying but the next day is gone leaving a acne mark." in 40 reviews
- "I put some of this on after my moisturizer at night and by morning the swelling has gone down and if i reapply the pimple will go away after a day or 2." in 37 reviews
- "This is a life saver everytime I feel a big prople coming I put this one and boom next morning its gone its soo good and cheap" in 24 reviews
When used as directed this product works great! I always use it when I feel the onset of a blemish and it cuts the healing time in half and makes it less noticeable! I normally purchase at target as it is reasonably priced.
Clean & Clear always ended up making my skin so dry & it honestly burned my face a lot. I had to even stop using it. If you have dry/combo skin and not a lot of acne I wouldn’t recommend this for you. It didn’t meet my expectations
this did not work for me. it’s cheap but it didn’t reduce my pimples. when it dried it flakes off my skin. it also kinda burned when i put it on. i like the packaging and how when you squeeze the tube only a little comes out
Didn’t see much of a difference when using this product. Kinda disappointing. The formula felt nice and was easy to apply, but i didn’t feel like the product was absorbing into my skin. Bought at Walmart. Would not recommend
This works wonders it either makes your pimples disappear or dries them out making them look less noticeable. I usually apply last after my nighttime routine and let it work it’s magic while I sleep. My drugstore holy grail
Okay so this stuff works amazing but take heed when you read the Title SPOT treatment bc this product is for sore itchy red surfacing boils to the simplest little whitehead but only dab or apply dirrectly atop the blemish and not so much on the surround area at all! This gentle and effective pimple banisher sloughs off skin through acid, which eats off the layers of skin/debris blocking the pore which if left blocked allows the zit aka bacteria to fester and gain strength. So then you have two options: you can mash it and scar up your face popping it wuth your fingers or you can use this dermatologist used active ingredient based Bullet proof method knowing it is not intended for splotches of areas on your face but just SPOT on zits being sure to use this sparingly a few times a day just on the zits possible popping point. Its my overnight go to and doesn't cause flaky scabbed over blemishes before or after the duration when i apply makeup! but for immediate zit itch relief from bogus inflamed bumps buy neutrogena 5% hydro peroxide spot treatment. It works fast but may leave dry flaky skin and over time possibly cause picked pimples to scar.
When I first began using this product it seems to work amazing, but after my skin got use to it my acne wasn't going away any quicker. I would definitely go back to this product once my skin has a break from it. I have heard that acne cleansing routines need to change up every few months in order to stay effective.
I have had mild acne all my life. As an adult it has been frustrating. I should have outgrown it many years ago. But no. Since using Clean & Clear Advantage Acne spot treatment that problem is solved. I use a very tiny dot on spots at night and in the morning just a slight red mark remains. For me it is a great product and as I have very sensitive skin I was skeptical.
This is the second time I tried this product I bought it at a local drugstore, it was affordable price.... it sure has dried out my acne but made my face feel dry overall I think this product is an alright use depending on your skin type.
I've had this product forever and use it everytime I notice a small breakout. It doesn't over dry which is nice, but I'm not use how well it works either. Sometimes I think my skin is actually healing itself after I pop a pimple rather than being helped by this product. Will likely buy again and keep for emergencies, but I prefer stronger spot treatments over this one.
Q & A
Did anyone experience dryness with this product?
I know you can use this as a spot treatment and just dab it on the pimples, but can you put a thin layer all over your face to prevent new ones from appearing?
Is it worth the money since they're small?
Does this burn?
Did it dry out anyone elses face where you applied it? I'm not a fan of this
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos